Zoom Poker - Strategies, Pros and Cons

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another great article from the team at CardsChat, thank you.

I like playing zoom as a time filler, i know that is probably a bad reason to play, but when you only have a short period of time to play, zoom ticks the boxes. It is fast and you can ZOOM through hands to get decent cards in positions where you can maximise your winnings.

I would still advise note taking as you generally come across more of the same player in Zoom and their tactics are good to note to maximise your benefit.

The game is designed to be enjoyed, without the boredom of sitting waiting and watching dreary play, so enjoy it, but FOCUS

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As soon as PS introduced the Zoom poker format,I loved playing it! But over time, I noticed that the game is a very important factor is the collection of statistics on the players ,and since I do not use the programs, I just opened the responsible gaming Department and blocked it!

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, the strategy in tournaments of this type is not very complicated. Just play with very strong hands, that's all.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play zoom and I think it is an exciting version of cash games. It looks like a cash game which has elements of a tournament, because zoom is a game with many players playing in many tables the same time. Abvantages are that you play fast and compete many players and receiving experience and informations faster and also having profits faster. Disadvantages are that you play fast, which increases the factor of luck and you can loose more as fast as you won!

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Zoom poker for me is the best thing in poker today. I only play it, and I don't want to play anything else. And I think that there are no special differences in strategy, only that there is no information about the dynamics at the table and the game It comes in a vacuum, which attracts many players. I think poker rooms need to prohibit the use of programs to collect statistics in zoom poker, as 888 poker did, then this will be real poker, with equal chances between players.

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play Zoom (or SNAP) poker whenever I feel like (or have to be) playing cash games, because I am not a cash player and I can't multitable. So, in order not to get bored and start spewing chips and money, I choose the fast format.
Bar the mistake:

Capture

I agree with the article in everything. Position counts more than your hand, fast fold anything not really strong and be aggressive. A lot of times all it takes is a normal c-bet to get the hand over with.
Be extremely carefull with weird bets, as you have no information (especially in SNAP) on your opponent.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Was about to point out what PsychoVas did above. Otherwise good article for beginners.

I love zoom because you get to play great number of hands over a short period of time.

I play many zoom tournaments regularly especially those short handed (4max or less) knock out ones. I final tabled one week before, tourney goes regular i.e no more zoom when 2 tables are left.

Zoom is the only cash I play with any consistency love me some Zoom PLO. I normally 4 table Zoom I normally blow through 1000 hands in less than hour.

Tip never fast fold High Jack, Cut Off, Button or Blinds until there is action on hand, many times you can steal blinds very easily because players fast fold.

Tip 2 With Zoom actions comes around very quickly if you are multi-tabler got to account for this If playing Zoom got to player less of other games at same time.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing Zoom Poker, I see that it is a little robotic game, because you need to have a range, and the mathematics very well allied with you with each move. I already played a little more I had losses, and I gave up, need to have a very healthy bankroll as in the article talks about 70/80 buy ins, I would say have 100/150 buy in to be safer still .. the game is very fast , so you do not have to connect too much to the beads, you do the action and you need to be the most + EV possible to have the profits in the long run ..
In brazil there are few professional players of ZOOM, this already shows that it is not for anyone, it must have a very advanced technical level ...

T

timz10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
zoom vrs 6+

i honestly havent tryed zoom but if u want faster game 6+ is very fast they remove 2 3 4 5 from deck leaving only 6+they change win order to 3of kind beats straight flush beats full house this makes sence after u play

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zoom is a game where the player has to have a lot of experience in Poker to be able to get well.
Most Zoom tables are for limitless games so you can win some small pots by being in a good position at the tables.
A Zoom's drawback is when the player is suffering from a variance he tends to lose a lot of money, this is because in a few hours it is possible to check thousands of hands in Zoom and thus lose a lot of money in BB in SB, but if the player is lucky the effect is opposite and still the probability of taking a Bad Beat is greater in Zoom.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like Zoom tables. In my game, I use HM2 statistics, but here it’s get collect a long time. Also there is no fixed position on the fish

odranorkan

odranorkan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no doubt that Zoom is one of the best types to play. It's faster, you have the "fast fold" button. But you have to create a somewhat more sophisticated strategy to play because you will not get so much information from the players at the table (since they will be constantly changing), you will have a little difficulty in knowing if that 3-bet means he has aces or JT suited, for example.

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for an interesting information. I have never heard about Zoom-Poker before, so I can hardly say if I like it or not. But according to the article this strategy seems rather boring for me. But maybe I should try to understand all the pros of zoom poker. I have found a lot of new information from the article

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zoom poker is easy to fold and easy to bluffle.

Most of players only play pocket pairs or A-*, keep on raising seems main strategy. So, easy to win and easy to lose is a another feature.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I find zoom type poker to be great for getting in massive volume in a shorter amount of time, but also that zoom tables can be extremely tight, as people tend to fold until a good hand is had. At reg speed tables, people play a wider range and more action can be had. I think win rates at zoom are smaller, but can be over come with the sheer volume.

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
played before cash zoom, I have to say right there you need to be very focused, otherwise you can instantly lose all your chips in itself I know, it is very difficult to play this tournament,it is better to play just cash!

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried some zoom on BOL and I felt like I was losing more often than winning but afterwards I realized I was even. For established players it definitely seems like the go to for cash games but for newer players like me the pace just takes me out of the right mindset.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
myself I prefer regular tables. But zoom is a great option to make a bigger volume. Maybe our winrates are lower, but still we can increase our hourly winnings. Strategy on zoom is almost the same like on regulars tables. But if I would play zoom regularly I would play a little wider than normal. Mostly because tables are more tight. If I open wider I want to use also smaller preflop bet sizing to make my opens, steals more profitables. Rest of my gamplan is pretty the same. Anyway zoom tables are also good option for players who uses a laptop and multitabling is more difficult for them.

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i really like zoom poker (and snap in 888 too:) it's really interesting type of game, and i think i'm not bad in it)and there are a few things that was new to me in this article, as alays thanks for great material!)

vovqa93

vovqa93

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About Zoom

Don't recommend zoom for new players who are learning. Actually for experienced players zoom is not best choise at all. You can get more profit at regular tables by slower and more concentrated game, but if you are looking/making for some action/content, zoom is very interesting!

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom poker I most of all refer to the game in which you can either lose everything or raise a lot. Since you do not know the players against whom you are playing, you have to bluff a little to play only good cards. I play zoom and I really like it, thank you very much for the article, it turned out to be very useful for me.

timberwolf94

timberwolf94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im not sure i would like playing this type. it seems like ive played it before but its been a long time ago. i didnt like it then, maybe if i ever get better at poker i might like it

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello how are you??
This type of game format quite interested me, but after a while I did not like. It is true that plays fast unlike other formats. but it has many disadvantages and the most important thing is that you can not have a reading of the opponent as it would in a regular table. but if I enjoyed much more than in a regular, but tough little taste zoom poker. today do not play. I was very surprised that there are strategies to zoom. so it will be a good excuse to play again this style. very good article. regards

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Actually I am hardly playing Zoom anymore. I played it a lot, when FullTilt still was running. At this time it was kinda addictive to me. I was playing it with hardly any knowledge about poker. Luckily they closed it for me. ;)

Meanwhile, I just play some Snap at 888, when they are running a freeroll about this.
But I don't like it that much. Therefore I always take my time when I have opened a table
and play it nearly like a normal game and do not insta fold. At this freeroll it is usefull to
see who is sitting out and take the time therefore to see the action, that happens before you.
Of course, also positional play is very important there.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you consider poker a game of people, where observation is very important, range notes in certain positions of your opponents and observation in the betting is crucial, Zoom poker is not the modality to make this type of annotation, I already played in the more particularly today I do not identify myself and I do not play.