Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Love it or hate it, there is a strategy to Zoom Poker.

The name itself should tell you it's not quite your average game of poker. Designed to take the wait out of the game, Zoom Poker means as soon as you fold, it's on to the next hand. There are pros and cons to this, and different strategies. We cover all the bases in our strategy article:

Zoom Poker and What it Entails

Read through the article, and tell us what you think. Do you play Zoom Poker? What are your strategies to the format?

Zoom poker

Kanetuck

Kanetuck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for posting this. I have been curious about zoom poker, but had not researched it yet.

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As i have knowledge, it is the same strategy of 6max .. so, basic strategy of game in cash of 6 people, basically the same ranges and some basic tips of that type of modality ..

most of the people I have seen on the web do not advise to play zoom because most of the regulars are there. So, it seems healthier to play normal cash. Positive? good another person I have read and heard that says be positive because you do not waste much time, basically the same action in shorter time.

In my opinion I have more fun playing zoom, it is faster, you do not get bored but it seems a dangerous modality .. many regulars playing tight .. many doing aggressive re-ups .. the perfect word could be ¨ dangerous ¨ i guess.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing zoom is almost as easy as waiting for your hands, at least at low levels. In the high levels it is usual to play a lot of NIT, but at this moment the tight one for me has worked

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To get a good result in this type of poker, you must use the statistics program, and also have a large enough distance to accumulate it. Otherwise, the game turns into a game with a black box.
Compare:
1) Play live, where you see all the players at the table and can rate them very quickly.
2) Playing online, at the "regular table", where the styles of players can be conditionally evaluated in a few dozen hands and fairly accurately in a few hundred hands.
3) Playing in Zoom-poker, especially in rooms where many people play - even tens of thousands of hands played will not give you the necessary information on all the villains, and you can hardly remember this without special means.
Which poker would you find more profitable?

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play Zoom poker for fun. The main strategy is tight-aggressive. I think the basic rule for Zoom Poker is not to make unnecessary bets.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I did not like very down game mode, played this zoom mode only 2 times never had a certain strategy so was using the fast fold and are played when out with Ak AA KK

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a little more risk. Zoom is a good game to take a chance on. As there is table exchange, no one will know how you are actually playing.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I agree with the advantages and disadvantages of ZOOM poker.

The biggest merit of ZOOM poker is that you can play a solid volume of hands in a short period of time. Multitabling 2 tables ZOOM as a beginner is pretty good in my opinion. A tight-aggressive strategy with no suicide mistakes and a lot of patience will serve you good.

When it comes to bankroll management, I think 30-40 buy-ins is proper. But of course someone can be a bit more conservative, let's say 50 buy-ins.

Ventoman777

Ventoman777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like this format in poker. My strategy in ZOOM-poker is a skillful style game, since many opponents rarely defend the blinds, preferring to fold and quickly move to a new hand.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never played a Zoom game. Not even with play money. I think I may have played one or two hands, saw the format, dissapointed that you cant get reads from opponents because of the constant table change and thought it was only for recreational gamblers who cant wait to play a normal session.

This article, made some points with the advantages that I havent think of and felt like maybe its the opposite of what I was thinking, and more regs than recs playing zoom. Is it really that the case?

Ps: Article needs correcting because it is mentioned twice in disadvantages the same part about recreactional players who may not like the zoom (three times if we count that is also mentioned in advantages)

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have commented sometimes that the modality ZOOM teaches you to play, I demand you to play with premiun cards, I also advise amateur players not to play this type of poker, it requires a little more experience to play ZOOM, It is also not advisable to play long periods of time, it's a bad business to believe me, the voice of experience speaks to them, I love the ZOOM modality but I only play short periods of time, if you've had luck and you've earned money it's best that you retire

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not a super fan of Zoom, but will say if you are able to stay in a hand to the turn, rather then folding to raises on the flop, your chances are far greater to win. Many opponents win the pot on the flop by raising, Also never fold when in the blinds as many will fold and you will get the chips. Folding early here you will never know. I sometimes play these just as a warm up prior to a bigger game

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for this article, a few times I tried to try his luck in games zoom, without much success, I hope this article helps me improve myself in this mode.
I think it is a double - edged sword, to play more hands, you can earn more money, but instead the variance is harder, and you can lose a lot of money.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
There are full ring and 6 max zoom tables , the most known are the 6 max because the action is cascading!

I partly agree with the reads on your opponents , after a while and by having a HUD you can easily label what every player is. Before the rake decrease I think that zoom cash games was the ultimate place to be.Countless hands per hour and the rakeback was limitless.

Sometimes I fire some zoom tables but I also like zoom MTTs. Interesting format IMO and many pros who make a challenge start with the $0.01/0.02 6max zoom.

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know there is a big difference between zoom at pokerstars and Betsafe. At Pokerstars you always play with 6 people at the table while at Betsafe you play against how many people are waiting. It can be headsup sometimes. Also, you can see the names at some sites and at others you can't.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I like to play a game of this format. plus this variety is that you do not need to wait until the distribution is completed. but there are also a few downsides. the absence of statistics on a large number of players, in fact it is possible to determine who is playing in different situations. very strong aggression, you can quickly lose your savings. but it is very interesting and dynamic.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom poker isn't for everyone. The pros and cons are quite a few .
If you like to get the know the people at the table and figure out their style - then Zoom isn't for you. However if you stay at the Zoom table long enough - you will meet up with the same players every third or so time. But then again those players may not play - as they fold and are moved on... so brief as it was - you at least were at the table with them again .
But if you just want to play , and you haven't got a lot of time - then I find Zoom is great for playing as many hands as you have time for before your next tourny starts , or before your fav movie starts etc.
I also found that if you want to at least cash in - it is good to raise preflop when you have decent cards , otherwise you will end up folding to many hands. Zoom is not what you want to play if you want that perfect hand all the time , also , I like to set the button where you can fold and view - I like to see sometimes IF my hand would of won .... I am a sucker for being curious !

M

maykon98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love it or hate it, there is a strategy to Zoom Poker.

The name itself should tell you it's not quite your average game of poker. Designed to take the wait out of the game, Zoom Poker means as soon as you fold, it's on to the next hand. There are pros and cons to this, and different strategies. We cover all the bases in our strategy article:

Zoom Poker and What it Entails

Read through the article, and tell us what you think. Do you play Zoom Poker? What are your strategies to the format?

View attachment 219119

I usually fold until I find a decent hand to play, I've already reached a final table of a micro tournament.

A

anderson697

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had the opportunity to play these Zoom tournaments, they are really exciting and for the players that we like to wait for. The strategy that I use for this type of tournaments is to be aggressive, because as the article indicates I have found many players who expect to have good hands to play and they easily lose their blinds and on the other hand it is important to take advantage of the last positions to observe the behavior of rivals.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's an interesting format and due to the speed of the game is more difficult to make any kind of annotation. Thus, we should be more attentive in the dynamics of the game, because most players are prepared to give up easily from their hands.

J

joaocm2018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like play zoom games because of your speed

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the poker in zoom format is more for those of us who do not have the patience to wait for good hands .. since we have the possibility of choosing the one that we like the most, I had not put to think that the recreational ones are not amates of this modality, it can be that in this aspect they are right ... although every time there are more players who play with the variance.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The most important point here is:
"Recreational players may not be attracted to the aspect of this Texas Holdem variant. The fact that they are able to fast fold to look for a better hand may take the fun away for them as they would usually play an array of hands at a fixed poker table, therefore they tend to play much tighter and more obvious in this format."

I know this is the most important point because it is listed as an advantage, a disadvantage, and a disadvantage again. I think it's just an advantage and a disadvantge - not a double disadvantage.

The other important point, IMO, is the play around the blinds. It's sometimes hard at micro stakes not to fast fold bad hands in late PreFlop position so that you can get to the next, potentially good hand. This really should be avoided. As the article pointed out, this is a common bad habit that should be exploited and not contributed to.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
The article is pretty well crafted. Of course I play ZooM. My strategy when playing this format is to make as many winning hands as possible in a short time.:burnout: