Your opinion on 10 minute breaks

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in online tournaments each hour the players get a break for 5 minutes . i think it should be 10 minutes instead because then you can make yourself a sandwich or if you need to go to the restroom and take longer etc.

what is your opinion on this ?

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I totally agree :D
Sometimes 5 minutes are not enough to prepare a coffee, go to the bathroom and so on.
But I am not sure the rooms are gonna consider our small domestics problems ;)

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the breaks in tournaments should be 10 minutes

5 minutes is enough for me.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not like longer breaks. Then would extend the duration of MTTs even further, and in general its already difficult to fit large MTTs into a life, which also contain other activities and obligations. I would also feel it very annoying, if I had just sat down and played for 12 minutes, and then we had to go on a 10 minute break.

As I have said before, there is nothing that bad about being back from the break a few minutes late, if you need to make a sandwich or whatever. So my suggestion is to just stop stressing over occationally sitting out a few hands, unless you are on a final table or something. In the early and mid stages of the tournament it typically wont matter much. If you play from a laptop, you can also bring it with you in the kitchen, while you make your sandwich and do a bit of multitasking :)

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes 10 minutes will be more convenient, I also do not have time to do anything, I completely agree

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe 1 10 minute break after 2 hours. 5 mins is good for me

PokerLibrarian

PokerLibrarian

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m starting to get accustomed to 5 minute breaks, but I certainly wouldn’t have a problem with 10 minute breaks. I usually play at night though and I try not to eat after 7 pm, so 5 minute breaks probably help me avoid the temptation of a late night sandwich!

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely agree with this. There is barely enough time to run to the bathroom real quick. If you want to eat something, forget about it there's no time. So I have to make my food fast. Then play poker with my opposite hand while I eat. It's annoying. My left handed poker game is definitely not as good as my right handed poker game. Stupid short breaks.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 minutes is enough but for 10 minutes there is also a reason

CBETKA

CBETKA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Five minutes is enough for me to take a break. During this time, you can have time to do a lot.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think 5 min is more than enough, if you need more time you can just miss a couple hands, that's not really hurt your game! Longer break makes tourney longer.

G

Gallego1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is enough for me, I'm already used to 5 minutes and gives me time to go to the bathroom and eat or prepare something to eat

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A 10 minute break will work if its every 2 hours, every hour though and any reasonably sized MTT will take a very long time to finish. This would cause a lot of issues if it were 10 minutes, personally I would play a lot less MTT's if this were the case. By problems I mean specifically, most sites are synched up so you can play on more than one site and all of them break at teh same time for the same 5 minutes. I doubt an industry wide change would ever happen to increase break times just my opinion

Ironically I was playing in a ACRstormer game last night and the vocal participants in chat were wishing for 5 minutes every two hours instead of every hour. So it could be worse for you :)

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are people who think 5 is enough, there are people who think they don't even need 5, if it is to have, let there be 10!!! :D (as Acemenow commented, it could be every 2 hours in that case, but as this interval pattern is general, it is difficult for it to occur.)

P

poker hp635

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely agree 10 minutes was better because if you play a fast tournament then even if you miss 2-3 minutes you lose a lot. but there are times when the tournament is coming to an end and here is a break and you wait for those five minutes eternity

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have always been a fan of the 55-past the hour breaks, I go back to the days when none of the sites had such a coordinated break time and that was hell, the 5-minute breaks was a perfect solution to that problem and its remarkable it was so easy and fully adopted but thank goodness.

With today's poker client software, we could easily get away with NO breaks at all in tournaments, players could simply click the sit-out button and take as much time as they need for a smoke or a pee or to grab a bite or a drink... but the beauty of the quick 5-minute break is that you never feel like you're missing any of the action. That's important, most would agree there's hardly anything more annoying than returning to see you were dealt AA but it was folded because you weren't in your seat. LOL

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 5 minutes is ok,when I need bhosle time, I just press the button to sit out and go to do my business.My affairs are more important than games)

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Time is money to poker sites, 5 minutes more is a lot of rake they will miss out on. You have 5 minutes. Use it wisely, don’t keep the sites waiting for profit. Lol

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have often thought that there should be five minute breaks for first four hours of a tournament and then10 minute breaks every hour after that.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

I think that 5 min is enough to stretch your legs

Rgds

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
technically, you could make your tournament break as long as you want.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They should be 7 and a half minutes

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
in online tournaments each hour the players get a break for 5 minutes . i think it should be 10 minutes instead because then you can make yourself a sandwich or if you need to go to the restroom and take longer etc.

what is your opinion on this ?
Get a laptop.
I've cooked lunch many times while playing, you can even play when taking a dump. :toilet:

:deal: