B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be honest, Are you up in online poker?

It appears as though even "winning" real game, live game, poker players are continual losers online like myself. I entered the online poker world about four years ago and have only played a few hundred dollars. I am down all of that and ALL freeroll winnings.

I was curious if anyone is having long game success. I have looked up many players in our CC freeroll and almost ALL of us players are losing. How did this affect your idea of WPN poker network?

I feel as though it is only advantageous to play freerolls at the WPN network. The only winners I know of are guys that collude with superuser accounts and vpn's like my cousin.

I now feel as though that online poker is a joke!!! If you are prepared to commit a $10,000 BR then you "might" make a decent amount long game. Maybe I am wrong but I have now looked into all of this for about a year now and this appears to be close to accurate.

Your thoughts?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have only played a few games on ACR, but I am up significantly on the two sites, where I play, which is pokerstars and 888 Poker. All my sharkscope profiles are open:

Pokerstars: fundiver199
888 Poker: fundiver 199 (old account), fundiver198 (current account)

I also have cash game winnings of around 2.000$ most of it from PokerStars. I dont want to even try to calculate my hourly winrate, but at least I have been winning. Which if nothing else should demonstrate, that its possible.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
As a non-gambler, I have a different perspective than most.

I learnt to play on line then started with free rolls. As soon as I joined CC I set a goal to be accomplished by playing free rolls exclusively. Breezed past the initial goal and then decided to up that goal considerably and essentially have followed that path since. So, technically I have never lost a cent on line and managed to build several bank rolls.

One statistic I was aware of from the off (again as a non-gambler) is the majority of poker players are losing players. I simply looked at what was available to avoid such a possibility and went about my business.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I have looked up many players in our CC freeroll and almost ALL of us players are losing.

You included right :hmmmm2:

There are still some "winning players" in CC games aswell but certain people usually make sure that they'd be awarded with (very) early exit so ...

I know atleast 2 people on that front (maybe even 3-4+) who'd be extra careful lol

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consistently win in Sit n Go's. Doesn't make me rich, but the extra income is nice and has helped me out when large unexpected expenses come about. I have not spent a lot of time in cash game- I find them boring and enjoy tournament poker the most.

I played on Pokerstars 10 years ago until it was closed. I've been on Pokestars PA since the site opened about 1.5 years ago. I've only made one initial deposit of about $40.

runningqueens

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am up!!! I play mostly tourneys and most of them with private groups but I do very well. I don't make deposits just win money in freerolls and use this money to continue. I also make donations to the groups from my winnings because I enjoy playing in the groups and they use donations for bounties as well as payouts.:D:D

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It works for me to play satellites for tournaments and not exactly for big tournaments, I play at low levels but I think it is a very good opportunity to win without losing so much and that is how I manage to be at the top in profits:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

T

TokeVerdijk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope to do so. Unfortunately, today it is not so easy to complete.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Technically" I'm up, but only because I've only played freerolls and micros so far though - nevertheless, "winning" is winning ;)

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I believe I'm up? I've made more withdrawals than deposits, that's for sure. I think I'm up in live poker. Hard to gauge, though, since I don't keep a specific "brick-n-mortar" bankroll. :angel:

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For more than 10 years poker has been my only way of earning money! And if my family and I haven't starved to death yet, then that means something!

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker, I think they are profitable players who play high stakes (well) or small stakes but in a very large number of atlases or tournaments because I think small stakes as there are more weak players also have more variance because there will be a lot more weak cards.
However, if someone is playing freerolls it can be profitable with any ITMs. :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Be honest, Are you up in online poker?

It appears as though even "winning" real game, live game, poker players are continual losers online like myself. I entered the online poker world about four years ago and have only played a few hundred dollars. I am down all of that and ALL freeroll winnings.

I was curious if anyone is having long game success. I have looked up many players in our CC freeroll and almost ALL of us players are losing. How did this affect your idea of WPN poker network?
So your sample is solely from 'freerollers'. Have you considered the possibility that the ones who are +$'s longrun might not be playing many/any freerolls???

I feel as though it is only advantageous to play Freerolls at the WPN network. The only winners I know of are guys that collude with superuser accounts and vpn's like my cousin.
So you only know cheaters and make believe fairy tale stuff (lol at knowing guys who collude with superuser accounts... as if bud). Have you considered hanging out with winners, perhaps doing what they do (ie. 'study'/work on their game) & learning from them?

I now feel as though that online poker is a joke!!! If you are prepared to commit a $10,000 BR then you "might" make a decent amount long game. Maybe I am wrong but I have now looked into all of this for about a year now and this appears to be close to accurate.

Your thoughts?

So your "looked into all of this for about a year now and this appears to be close to accurate" ... is based upon a rookie player who chooses to play Freerolls for one year, wins a few bucks and admits donking it off while drinking.

Perhaps this isn't the same experience for others?

When I began playing online poker I thought I was quite good at nlhe. A few months in, after blaming the site for my being soooo 'unlucky' I focused my attention on getting better at the game. I could plainly see there were MANY winning players and after reading just a small sample of strategy stuff I could see I had A LOT to learn. So I dug in and began studying! Within a week my results were heading the other direction! And the graph continued to be an upward slope of profit and the studying also grew exponentially (I actually got a bit carried away with it)

Losing at poker is a choice. Most just aren't willing to do the work involved to be a winner in the longrun. (I know.... because lately I've become one of the lazy ones)

If you're not willing to do the work and choose to blame other stuff other than yourself, why not start up a thread to lobby against online poker? (LOL.. I KNEW when I read the title of that thread it was from another losing player, feeling some injustice has been done to them).

WHY would ANYONE who likes to play cards (yes 'cards'... not even poker) want to choose to lobby against an AWESOME thing like online poker? I mean what a great thing to have this piped into our livingrooms all across the globe where I can sit down at ANY time of the day and play vs. people from all walks of life in most parts of the world!

My only regret with online poker is that I didn't play MORE than I have!

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, got very lucky by hitting one and tow outers in some big tournaments when I first started playing. Low skill level at that time but a high luck level.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fact that being profitable in poker is very hard I have already understood. Therefore, I play more on freerolls and not spending my money. One skill to play more and little. You need to have a good initial capital.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm up a few $$$,,,, ;)

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
starting with micro limits is a pain
i think need to start at least with ABI 11

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I am up and I am happy with the results :) I could have played more, then the results could have been better but I try to find time to play more poker again :)

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play micros online for fun... and I'm about break even overall. I am addicted to spin and goes and they never go well lmao.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My thoughts are, when you work on a game and correct your mistakes, then you grow as a player, when you don't, the results decrease. The cause of our failures can be found in anything, but when it comes to ourselves, we believe that we are always doing the right thing and cannot be wrong. This is the problem.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
starting with micro limits is a pain
i think need to start at least with ABI 11

With the right game they are achievable. I did some challanges from 30bb-100bbs and micro games FTs resulted me a bankroll that offered me a level up.

My only advice for you is note players from early on, give them a range. If variance beat you is still ok, but long term you will hit it. :)

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you keep the money won on freerolls and do not lose, then you can accumulate a good amount of money. I believe in it and am saving up a little from the freeroll.