Can you be a winner online without Hud?

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for many years, but never used Hud, do you think it's a big disadvantage for those who do not use?
I in particular think the game loses its beauty, but I also understand that professionals need this tool to get more profit.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you "Need" a hud really, and there are plenty of decent and good players who dont use one, however the way I look at it is you're denying yourself the use of a very good tool that will help your you improve your results.

So in the end do you need one? Definitely not but I don't understand why people are so against tools that enable them to both improve their game overall as well as provide them with better and more information to make decisions against individual players as well.

I would say tho, that keeping a hand data base in something like PT4 and HM3 is fairly important if you are looking to make large improvements fast. It's a piece of software that you can tell you what you need to work on. I think that's something you wont want to miss out on even if you don't end up having a HUD on screen as you play

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I have never used any helping tools whatsoever so yes :rolleyes:

Poma Lekain

Poma Lekain

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not using Hud. And for example, I won a tournament of 183 people the day before yesterday.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you are play 1-2 tables then no, take notes and you are good to go, if you play more than 4 tables yes.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good Afternoon

Yes and I think it is much better without HUD because you improve your game even more and read your opponents' hands and actions. See that good players always vary their playing styles making the HUD useless:p:)

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you "Need" a hud really, and there are plenty of decent and good players who dont use one, however the way I look at it is you're denying yourself the use of a very good tool that will help your you improve your results.

So in the end do you need one? Definitely not but I don't understand why people are so against tools that enable them to both improve their game overall as well as provide them with better and more information to make decisions against individual players as well.

I would say tho, that keeping a hand data base in something like PT4 and HM3 is fairly important if you are looking to make large improvements fast. It's a piece of software that you can tell you what you need to work on. I think that's something you wont want to miss out on even if you don't end up having a HUD on screen as you play

I really wanted to know people's opinions on this matter. It is not that I refuse, but that I never had the opportunity and I was not interested in obtaining this tool. See, on the one hand it is a tool that helps many poker professionals, and on the other hand, it has removed many recreational players from the tables, which the professionals love to have in their field. Don't you think that this is also bad for a professional player in a way, because the field is much more difficult to beat? Thank you very much for your comment, it is very relevant.

SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't speak for players who have experience using them. I personally, have never used one because of the fact I can't be bothered to find and download one. however, I would be interested in utilizing one to help improve my comprehension of my opponents.

I believe that the addition of a Hud has an effect that benefits the player who uses it, and therefore, unless its's provided as a tool by the host of the poker table / tournament, I think it gives an unfair advantage to those who use it.

I think that in order to "level the playing field", the host of the tables should either provide a Hud that's available to all players, or to outlaw them entirely.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In freerolls this is definitely possible ))
But in poker with real money, you can also win, at least by playing the GTO...
Or with table selecting against fishes :D

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't speak for players who have experience using them. I personally, have never used one because of the fact I can't be bothered to find and download one. however, I would be interested in utilizing one to help improve my comprehension of my opponents.

I believe that the addition of a Hud has an effect that benefits the player who uses it, and therefore, unless its's provided as a tool by the host of the poker table / tournament, I think it gives an unfair advantage to those who use it.

I think that in order to "level the playing field", the host of the tables should either provide a Hud that's available to all players, or to outlaw them entirely.

I agree!

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At micro stakes I don't think a HUD is neccesary, but as you move up in the stakes it becomes more and more important, and I think that a HUD allows you to improve at a faster rate than without one.

ivanlt18

ivanlt18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haven't used any yet, I'd rather improve my play without external help. Because at live tables you won't have a HUD to help you.
I think people might become lazy with a HUD, thus less likely to learn and improve.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can be a winner without using a HUD, but it is much easier to use one.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Certainly yes, as there are very successful players who do not use HUD. But the vast majority use it and I believe that many of them cannot play without it.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definetely yes. HUD helps a lot but it's not your second brain it just adds some more convinience. You can easily make notes on whoever you want without any HUD. Almost every room provides hand history function as well. I know some really good and profitable people playing without HUD.

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker for many years, but never used Hud, do you think it's a big disadvantage for those who do not use?
I in particular think the game loses its beauty, but I also understand that professionals need this tool to get more profit.

I think yes, there is a disadvantage, but to win you don't necessarily need a HUD

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you be a winner without hud

I think you can. When I used it I didnt win anything. Without it I did way better.

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It definitely gives you an edge, I cant see a reason for not using one.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What it's the "HUD" [emoji3525] ?

I HUD Stands for "Heads Up Display"

Depending on the site, certain software programs allow you to display your and your opponents stats for various situations so you can make better decisions on how to lay against them.

Brands like Hand2Note, HoldemManager3 and PokerTracker 4 are the industry standards if you wanted to check them out

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haven't used any yet, I'd rather improve my play without external help. Because at live tables you won't have a HUD to help you.
I think people might become lazy with a HUD, thus less likely to learn and improve.

Based on what? HUD's give you opportunities to look at spots significantly more in depth then you would be able to do without a HUD. If you have a player 3-Betting 10% and one 3-Betting 4% you should develop different strategies for playing against both's 3-Betting range. If you're going to be lazy with a tool, lets be realistic you weren't going to put the work in anyway, it wasn't the HUD that made you lazy :rolleyes:

G

gjergjkastriot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I HUD Stands for "Heads Up Display"

Depending on the site, certain software programs allow you to display your and your opponents stats for various situations so you can make better decisions on how to lay against them.

Brands like Hand2Note, HoldemManager3 and PokerTracker 4 are the industry standards if you wanted to check them out
Thank you. Did work on Smart phone?

carterby

carterby

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
dont worry, be happy

If you win you win, if you lose you lose, whether you have a hud or not, personally I think they are a waste of time and I've never used one and shouldn't ever be allowed on sites.

Last edited:
E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you. Did work on Smart phone?

I don't think any of those 3 work for Smart phones unfortunately. If you use an Emulator to play on some of the Chinese App games like PPPoker I believe Hand2Note works if thats what you mean but you can't play sites like pokerstars on your phone with a HUD

G

gjergjkastriot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think any of those 3 work for Smart phones unfortunately. If you use an Emulator to play on some of the Chinese App games like PPPoker I believe Hand2Note works if thats what you mean but you can't play sites like Pokerstars on your phone with a HUD
Ok. Thx

Winner Poker