• Total voters
M

miriancastro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only made the first deposit, to release the promotions.

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve only had to deposit once, so far. I got a bit lucky in my first few mtt and took my $50 deposit up to about $450 and have kept it there, with small fluctuations. I only play micro stakes mtt. I final tabled on my 3rd game and cashed for like $60, but I got a bit reckless and lost it all, back down to a roll of $50. Then on my 65th and 74th games I placed 3rd and 1st, which is what brought my bankroll up to where it is now. I’m maybe $30 under where I was after the 1st place win after playing another 400 or so mtts.

I’m sort of proud of those stats, but I’m also not happy with them because I tend to be too tight when it comes to actually playing. I wish I could play a lot more, but I dont Really have the time, and I also have this strange fear of losing that can steer me away from entering tournaments at all. It’s frustrating and I’m trying to deal with it by taking a chunk of my relatively large micro stake roll and spend my days off playing as many games as I can, just to try to desensitize myself. I feel like I’m a solid player, with strategy that improves whenever i do play, but my biggest flaw is my inability to commit to playing more games.

I think it all stems from how hard I can be on myself when it comes to assessing my own performance. I shouldn’t be judging my overall skill and ability on any single game, just as I shouldn’t with any single hand. What’s funny is that I would do this same thing with play money over at poker stars. So it isn’t really about losing money, per se, but more about losing in general. I need to stop looking at mtt poker this way, where my idea of a bad outcome is anything but cashing. I just need to get over the fact that there will be times where it doesn’t matter how well I play, or how good my hole cards are during a game; I can play as solid as any player can play, but there will still be a certain percentage of games where I just can’t win enough hands to cash or make a run at the FT.

Anyway, that’s my little story about my online deposit. I hope to never have to deposit again, and just keep building my bankroll from mtt winnings, and if I stick to micro stakes I could prob withstand quite an extreme period of variance. But my goal is to reach $1000 from micro mtt winnings and then make the step to low stakes. I just need to find more time to play, which is hard when you are only playing mtt, which takes many hours. I think this is why it’s so hard to climb up to higher stake levels in mtt: it takes the better part of a day to actually win, and a good 5+ hours to cash.

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
When you started building your bankroll online, what were you doing? Did you make deposits and capitalize on some profits here and there? Or did you do it directly without deposits? As for me, 90% of my backlog was tanks mixed with some micros and freerolls of water droplets. No offense to freerolls, but sometimes they can be boring and I have a life outside of poker waiting 7 hours just to quickly win 3 to 5 dollars.

Whenever I deposit money I do it once every two weeks from work. I don't deposit much because of bills and priorities in life, so I deposit at least $50-$75 and just try to capitalize on profits here and there. Hopefully, I build my poker account well enough that I don't have to deposit and only play medium to high stakes.

What about you boys and girls?
most have to deposit a minimum in order to withdraw, which is why my rule is to deposit only 1 time the minimum in online poker and then enter it completely free of charge. From time to time I buy cash and don't spend more than $10, most of them I use for sports betting

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When you first started building your online bankroll what were you doing? Did you make deposits and capitalize some wins here and there? Or did you do it straight up free rolling with no deposits? As for me 90% of my bankroll building was deposits mixed with some sprinkle drop freerolls and micros. No offense to freerolls but at times they can be boring and I have a life outside of poker to be waiting 7 hours just to make a quick 3 to 5 dollars.

Whenever I deposit money I do it once every two weeks from work. I don't deposit a lot due to bills and priorities in life so I'll deposit at least $50-$75 and just try to capitalize wins here and there. Hopefully I build my poker account well enough to where I no longer have to deposit and just play mid to high stakes.

What about you guys and gals?
How can freerolls be considered boring. You at any table in a bad mood can say: It's boring. Everything depends on you. I don't spend money on poker, everything I need to play is on CC.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolla in my blood :D Depositing a bit just to verify payment method, to be able to withdraw if I won something)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I have been playing poker for about 6-7 years and in the early years I deposited quite often. For the last 3-4 years, I have been making a deposit just to be able to withdraw money. I learned how to easily build and increase my bankroll thanks to freerolls.
Good luck.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I played freerolls first. At the initial stage, when I was not a member of the forum, I played freerolls, sometimes I made a deposit of $5-10 per game. Then there was a period when I just made a deposit and withdrew little money. Now I play freerolls, trying not to spend the money I won.

treblek1

treblek1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
likes to play both freerolls and real money tournaments.
but freerolls often don't deepen the game as much as in real money tournaments.

ikescherer

ikescherer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I used to be a depositer, but recently i turned $10 deposit into $200, and since then i havent deposited anymore, im even changing my mindset, setting the bar down to play more freerolls and not WASTING IT ALL OVER AGAIN.

I used to enter $55 buy in satelites to $500 tournaments!!! And you know the end of the story.

Im willing to never deposit again and only play $2 max buy in with my actual bankroll.

85champ07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
For the first few years I only deposited. At the start, I did not even know there were freeroll games. After I went broke last year I discovered them and yes I mainly play them now. At least until I win big. I have had a bankroll in the past and still do, but when the going gets tough I will deposit again.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freeroller because I'm playing just for the fun of playing. I don't have hopes and dreams that in the future I will be able to live with the money earned from poker

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I basically do not invest money in the game. I believe that a player who cannot create a bankroll playing in freerolls has no chance of success at all. Freerolls are always a great opportunity to improve skills, develop patience, discipline and accumulate funds.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I basically do not invest money in the game. I believe that a player who cannot create a bankroll playing in freerolls has no chance of success at all. Freerolls are always a great opportunity to improve skills, develop patience, discipline and accumulate funds.
But if you are a pro and you want to play at tables or tournaments whit high stakes than you don't have time to build your bankroll from freerolls so you need to invest something

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
When you first started building your online bankroll what were you doing? Did you make deposits and capitalize some wins here and there? Or did you do it straight up free rolling with no deposits? As for me 90% of my bankroll building was deposits mixed with some sprinkle drop freerolls and micros. No offense to freerolls but at times they can be boring and I have a life outside of poker to be waiting 7 hours just to make a quick 3 to 5 dollars.

Whenever I deposit money I do it once every two weeks from work. I don't deposit a lot due to bills and priorities in life so I'll deposit at least $50-$75 and just try to capitalize wins here and there. Hopefully I build my poker account well enough to where I no longer have to deposit and just play mid to high stakes.

I play freerolls what I win there I use to enter tournaments I don’t consider it necessary to replenish money for the game

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Just freerolls until finish my study no waste of money. I go up and down like everyone. I won about $170 + until now. I use all the money, everything checking the tournaments and try to get experience on different kind of tourneys, cash games, spins, etc. Different rooms too, it's a very important part of study. I started on May this year. So. I hope to finish my study training and gain the most I can. more than a $300 or like minimum, just from freerrolls, to next withdraw and invest on PS, partypoker or 888 I think. If I get my goal like I hope. It could be that soon I never have to go back to freerrolls.

Just freerolls until finish my study no waste of money. I go up and down like everyone. I won about $170 + until now. I use all the money, everything checking the tournaments and try to get experience on different kind of tourneys, cash games, spins, etc. Different rooms too, it's a very important part of study. I started on May this year. So. I hope to finish my study training and gain the most I can. more than a $300 or like minimum, just from freerrolls, to next withdraw and invest on PS, PartyPoker or 888 I think. If I get my goal like I hope. It could be that soon I never have to go back to freerrolls.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play some freerolls and micro games but i rarely make a deposit, normally i make one deposit per poker room to unblock requirements to cashout.

O

odonob

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freeroll for me. I find cash games very difficult to make a profit on. Lately there are a lot more freerolls available also. Enough to make multiple small cashes with ultimately add up. Helps with the daily shopping!

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both. I deposit once or twice per poker site just to have less issue when its time to withdraw and to play cash games.

J

JCSmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The freeroll route it doable, I've done it a couple of times. But it takes waaay more time.

C

Cromel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I am an exclusive freeroller unless i would need to deposit money so i can withdraw money. But i predict it will be a while before that happens unless i improve dramatically fast.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a long way to go to become a professional poker player, that is, the person for whom poker is the main source of income. On this path, you can not stop and take long breaks in the game. It is necessary to play a large number of hands every month in order not to be left behind your rivals. Poker is constantly progressing and improving, so only constant work on your game, its improvement and improvement, will allow you to show a stable positive result.

japangod87

japangod87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
When I started playing, I deposited. Then I realized that I'm not a super player and my deposits don't pay off.Now I play only freerolls and I will not deposit until I understand that I have already learned how to play.