How did you build your online bankroll?

• Total voters
Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you first started building your online bankroll what were you doing? Did you make deposits and capitalize some wins here and there? Or did you do it straight up free rolling with no deposits? As for me 90% of my bankroll building was deposits mixed with some sprinkle drop freerolls and micros. No offense to freerolls but at times they can be boring and I have a life outside of poker to be waiting 7 hours just to make a quick 3 to 5 dollars.

Whenever I deposit money I do it once every two weeks from work. I don't deposit a lot due to bills and priorities in life so I'll deposit at least $50-$75 and just try to capitalize wins here and there. Hopefully I build my poker account well enough to where I no longer have to deposit and just play mid to high stakes.

What about you guys and gals?

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I made a deposit to open access to freerolls and withdrawals in case of a win. and so yes, I play both for money and for free

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I first registered in an online poker room, I probably played only freerolls for the first 2 years and did not make deposits, then when I won about $ 140, I don't remember the exact amount, in general, it turned out that you need to make a deposit to withdraw money, that's when I made the first deposit.
And in general, if there is no money to deposit, then play freerolls, but you still need to make a deposit in order to withdraw money to the payment system you need, this is necessary to link the gaming account.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
both, sometimes I need to play bigger games like the $55 Main Event $5M GTD

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody.
I did not make large deposits, only for withdrawals and if there was a shortage to enter the tournament.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment I play only freerolls in order to establish standard solutions.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are also freerolls and deposits sometimes, but it would be time to withdraw instead of deposit.:joyman:

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I deposited $50 into each poker account. From there all the rest of the money is made mostly from freerolls. I do occasionally play games with an actual buy-in when I have time and I have made a bit of money there too. If my bankroll ever goes down to $0, I would just start again by playing freerolls and building up from scratch, but its never happened yet as I think I do pretty good bankroll management.

Most of my bankroll has been made from free-rolls, but I did deposit too so a bit of both, but I consider myself more of a free-roller.

L

LL22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do boths. Poker is the best game I have discovery so far so I have invest my time and money on it.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.I chose the both option because ,even though I play mostly freerolls everywhere ,I also make the minimum deposits on pokerstars, 888 and party poker., then when I reach over $100, I withdraw at least $100 and the rest to start again..I only deposit once per year in those poker sites, it is enough for me.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ever since our American government took away our freedom and our right to play online poker on whichever site we choose to play on - we call it "Black Friday", April 15, 2011 which is more than a decade ago and still we cannot play real money poker on Poker Stars or any of the other major sites - I have refused to deposit a single penny onto a poker site.

But despite that stupidity from our government, I never lost my love of the game of poker... so after giving up the game for about 5 or 6 years, I eventually decided to get back into the game on what we call the "gray market" sites like ACR... however, since we Americans were left without any legal protection from our government if we have any problems on a poker site, I decided my best approach would be to create a challenge for myself by starting from zero dollars and using freerolls to try and build a bankroll from nothing. It has not only been extremely fun, it has also been quite successful, on one site I have turned my zero into four digits worth of bankroll, and I am able to play all the low stakes tournaments I want to play each day. Eventually I hope to play the highest stakes this way, but it is a slow process and it cannot be rushed, proper bankroll management is ALWAYS extremely important in such a challenge.

I also enjoy the fact that, since I never deposit and never withdraw, I owe no tax on any profits. Because of what our government did to us a decade ago, they do not deserve to profit off of my poker play... and therefore, they will never get one penny of tax revenue from me. Of course this means I'll never see any of the money I've won on the poker sites, but so what? I am perfectly okay with remaining poor, as long as I can play my beloved poker each day, that keeps me happy and content. There is much more to life than "being rich". If our government were nicer to us, I would gladly share some of my profits with them via taxation, but because they were such evil jerks, they will get nothing from me and that is also satisfying to me. It is my way of getting revenge on them, in a meaningless kind of way. :D

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
as many others, I made a deposit to get the chance to play freerolls (espacially at 888).
Also in the beginning a deposit was necessary to play cash games. (where I mostly loose)

In the meantime I withdrawed already all deposits, so my bankroll exist only by won money from freerolls.

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Alizona. I put $100 on Carbon via a Amazon gift card player to player transfer years ago
and have ran it up some,but I know I'll never see the cash.
The other skeevy poker sites like BOL, Everygame, ACR etc. I'll never give them any money.
Just keep on freerolling and playing micro stakes cash games and tournaments will be fine with me.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some time ago I was constantly making a deposit per game. Therefore, I sat and lost a lot, while wasting a lot of free time. Now I'm tired of it and I play freerolls without taking up a lot of free time. So it became more convenient for me.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Heh... Majority used both methods.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not able to deposit because of were I am.

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing at micro stakes is the same freeroll

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Always deposited the 1st time.

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both, PS has good freerolls sometimes

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In most cases I am a Freeroller, unless there is a big game with a high guarantee, I will recharge appropriately and try it.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freeroller! Never deposited my personal money into poker yet. It is an option if I ever decide for it, but I kind of like the principle of grinding my bankroll up from nothing and not letting poker winnings or losses impact my personal life too negatively.