Would you pay to play?

Would you pay to play, even though you could not cash out?

• Total voters
beanaddict

beanaddict

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seeing, that Americans only have a handful of sites to play at. And say that went belly up, and the "only way"
you could play was still to deposit money but never able to cash out. Would you still play.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ummm, what? Of course not. Might as well go to the play tables. But there would still be a way to get money. Just transfer your winnings to a fellow CCer from another country and have them send you a check.

Of course the Canadians would be drunk most of the time so it might take them awhile to figure out where to put the stamp but you would still get the money eventually.

beanaddict

beanaddict

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing is there are so many people addicted to the game. I see the same people every day losing. With the same bankroll that they had a year ago. Which means they are reloading. I can sit down see that person in morning or noon or late at night. Or leave and come back in a month recognize the same ones, same stakes, same roll, same complaints of losing. If they are losing all the time why don't they quit? I think Al Pacino said it best in a sports betting movie he was in. Saying that people don't go to win, yeah money is great, but psychologicaly they do it for the thrill of losing.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats possible, maybe even probable but you must have the possibility of winning even if it never happens. In your scenerio there is no possibility of winning since you can't get the money.

beanaddict

beanaddict

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, basiclly you would be paying for play chips

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I couldn't cash out......but am putting money in, why can't I go to play money where I put no money in and don't have to cash anything out?

I just don't see the logic in putting money in but not being able to cash out.

lilybo

lilybo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the law will change someday and imagine how much u could build it up 2

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Might as well just play video games if you're not planning on cashing out.

witchywitchy

witchywitchy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker to relax and it's nice I make money too

If I couldn't cashout I'd find another hobby :)

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the law will change someday and imagine how much u could build it up 2

Yeah I could build it up like that when I get the ability to cash out. Until then, I wouldn't touch it.

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why spend money you can't retrieve on a game you can play 100s of placrs online for free? The ONLY reason to risk real money is the possibility, real or implied, of making a profit. Otherwise, just roll up your dough and smoke it.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't need to pay. I'll just build my bankroll with freeroll winnings. Then, I'll play the buy-ins. I might deposit the minimum just to burn and work on my poker game.