Windfalls/Spin & Gos - Net EV calculations

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello all,

Was hoping to share this information to benefit those who were wondering the same thing as I was. That is, trying to calculate the net EV on Windfalls/Spin & Gos. I only play on Sportsbetting and am attaching a picture of the odds provided (for some reason, can only find this on the mobile App and not the desktop application).

Obviously, no one is playing these types of games to win money in the long term but to just get a quick victory, but for some reason I thought it was a positive EV when I tried calculating it in my head, I was obviously wrong. The poker sites win in the end :).

Attached is my data for the $3 Windfalls Flip that have 3 players and automatically all-in except the Dealer Button who can choose to call first hand (hence the Win/3 column):

Overall, not bad as I thought it was. I just multiplied as if you entered 100,000 times. I think the payouts for the higher value ones actually pay out all three players, but I cannot find the exact information on that so I left it divided by three.

If anyone would like to fiddle with it or feel free to shoot a picture of the payout structure and I'll try to fill in the data for you if it's interesting to you!

Attachments

• Windfall.jpg
    Windfall.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm, can't attach Excel files for some reason and the chart does not parse well in the post.

Basically, came out to:
Net EV= 0.943333333