Why do pocket QQs interrupt AA more often than AA interrupt QQ in online poker?

monkeytilter

monkeytilter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just you:devilish:

Keep a list of every time u see QQ vs AA and the result, you'll see it evens out to what you'd expect: AA beats QQ a lot more than the other way around!

All in preflop, it's a mathematical certainty 80:20, but just like rolling a dice you can long runs of 1,1,1,1,1.. which you'd not expect:

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
it's just you:devilish:

Keep a list every time you see QQ vs AA and you'll see that the result is equal to what you'd expect: AA beats QQ far more than vice versa!

Everything preflop is 80:20 mathematical certainty, but just like rolling the dice, you can get long series 1, 1, 1, 1, 1.. which you wouldn't expect:

View attachment 314602
So in this case AA should win 81 times out of 100, and QQ 21 times out of 100. And in online poker, the opposite is true.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, look at this at a distance of at least a few thousand hands and you will see that AA will beat QQ about 7-8 times out of ten

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Well, look at this at least a few thousand hands away and you'll see that AA beats QQ about 7-8 times out of ten
This is in live poker, but I lose more often in AA online.

monkeytilter

monkeytilter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So in this case AA should win 81 times out of 100, and QQ 21 times out of 100. And in online poker, the opposite is true.
That is a bold statement, do you have hand histories proving this is the case? How many?
It is much more likely:
You have seen a short term deviation from the expected outcome (just like flipping heads 6 times in a row, it does not mean the coin is "broken")
You are mentally noting all the times QQ beats AA but not vice versa - this is normal for the human mind that's why you need an exact list of every time QQ goes up against AA and the results in both directions, our "anecdotal" analysis is inherently flawed.
If you can prove this, you can take action against sites offering a fair deal, gaming regulation authorities will assist you, but you will need 1000s if not 10000s of hands to demonstrate before they'll investigate - again short term anomalies take time to even out.

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is difficult to give an opinion that fits the reality of online poker, but nevertheless, it is not necessary for the game to be better than others, it will be enough for opponents who believe this is the case to withdraw before you see the maps. There are a lot of options that play an important role in this type of game, it's up to each player to decide, and it's frustrating that this happens a lot on online poker pages... me in particular I prefer QQ, I did better with these cards.
It turns out: when playing online, you need to go all-in with QQ all the time and then you'll be in the black.:)))))

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is a bold statement, do you have a giveaway history that proves this to be true? How much?
Probable:
A significant deviation from the result was revealed (just like throwing tails 6 times in a row, this does not mean that the coin is “broken”)
You mentally collect all cases where QQ beats AA, but it's not wise - it's normal for a person, so you need an accurate list of all the cases when QQ goes up against AA and the results of the study, our “unconfirmed” analysis of the underlying damage.
If you can find this, you can take part in meetings against sites that advocate for fair initiative, gaming authorities offering you help, but in the event of 1000, if not 10,000 giveaways, to hold a meeting than they first start an investigation - again, short-term anomalies take time to even
I don't mind websites.:)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think you're wrong AA has 80% of wins when QQ has 20%, that is, if you play 100 times out of 20, so your idea is wrong but this is only the percentage in the game is completely different, for example, on pokerstars you will win QQ by more than 20 percent

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think you're wrong with AA 80% of winnings when QQ has 20%, that is, if you play 100 times out of 20, then your idea is wrong, but that's only the percentage in the game is completely different, for example, at PokerStars you win QQ more than 20 per cent
That's what I'm talking about: QQs win more than AA

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is how our selective memory works) Strongly remembering bad beats and easily forgetting dirty runouts in our favor)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It just seems that way to you. In fact, everything happens the other way around.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
That's what I'm talking about: QQs win more than AA
My HUD tells me I the following stats:

AA: 112 hands, 1.011 BBs won which is 9.0 BBs/hand
QQ:
110 hands, 481 BBs won which is 4.4 BBs/hand

So the return with AA is 100% higher than with QQ.

To be fair my sample is rather small.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If the other player plays his hand in an optimal , according to RNG
, way , then he has more odds to win , even if it's AK Vs AA , but if he di don't know how to play it , he will be punished. Bad beats are in the corner

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think we have the tendencie to focus on times we lose more than in times we win, so we have a bias of thinking it always hit and ace when we have KK, or that we lose more than we should in flip coins.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
friends, honestly, I lose with either hand.
it doesn't matter if I have AA or QQ.
tragic.

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Maybe it looks like on internet is more often, but belive me , also on live poker its the same. I saw 1 auter beat me in front of my eyes. :D

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think this is really the case, because it is not difficult to check at a greater distance, and any inconsistencies in the mathematics of poker will lead to the loss of the reputation of the poker room and the rapid departure of players.

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No one is immune from bad beats in offline poker either😉

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is just a guess. In fact, in poker, everything is decided by mathematics, probability theory and a random number generator in every hand. Among the billions of the total number of hands, several thousand hands of one player are only a small part that cannot show the general pattern.

neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The odds with pocket pairs, including QQ against AA, are about 20%, respectively, in every fifth case, according to statistics, you will lose. And the more people involved in the distribution, the weaker your aces

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Or is it just me?
This is a subjective opinion that has nothing to do with reality. It is surprising that you have such an impression. Do you have statistics for, for example, 1000 hands?

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is a subjective opinion that has nothing to do with reality. I'm surprised you got that impression. Do you have statistics, for example, for 1,000 hands?
None. But I can see it without statistics.