Why do players seem so crazy on Sundays?

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is it just me or is sundays full of crazy people I do not usually play poker on sundays but today I have been playing and the people playing today are just so crazy and wild the moves they make is just weird ,someone enlighten me pls ..for you sunday grinders pls let me no :)

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sunday is a day off for many players. That explains a lot.

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is it just me or is sundays full of crazy people I do not usually play poker on sundays but today I have been playing and the people playing today are just so crazy and wild the moves they make is just weird ,someone enlighten me pls ..for you sunday grinders pls let me no :)

What kind of games do you play on a Sunday? If you are talking about OnDemand or Private freerolls at ACR on the weekends, then they are no more crazier than the weekdays. There are literally several hundred freeroll bingo players that play 7 days a week at ACR, and Sunday is just one of those days.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ahh sorry bout that I should have described that alittle better , I meant the micro and low buyin mtts and sit n gos

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sunday is just another day.....

Historically, freerolls always attract maniacs, for me - Sunday is no different.

It depends on many variables, the site, the type of freeroll, obviously numbers of entrants and whether the freeroll is/isnt a satellite.

On Cardschat, we have loose aggressive players, we have the opposite - whilst no one ever likes losing to a maniac, i personally love them, i used to react many years ago to fish or donks but now i just think its part of poker whether we like it or not.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the lower the buy-in the more players will tend to play wide. They take risks and opt for aggressive strategies because they simply do not have much to lose.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sundays ???? Tty any day of the week and you will find crazy moves made by players. Just lost to a guy who went all in with 6 n 4 offsuit and I had KK. I'll bet you will never guess in a thousand years what he hooked on the flop.

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ahh sorry bout that I should have described that alittle better , I meant the micro and low buyin mtts and sit n gos

IMO, the micro-stake MTTs will still attract the same level of players as their freeroll counterparts in some respects.

As a couple of people already mentioned Sunday is their day off. Maybe there are more on Sundays, I don't know. One Sunday can differ from the next and the mind can play tricks on you. You can go one Sunday where the bingo idiots come out in full force, and that is what your mind will remember.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure, on weekend more people play poker, so you can see also lots of crazy people, especially in freeroll games.
Just try to play your game and everything will be alright against them.

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
All the recreational players come out on Sunday’s to make the games more fun!

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the insight all appreciate it :)

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing poker and I gave up today because they were all crazy at the tables, so I better stop,or i go loster all my money

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
weekends....
when all the recreational players and drunk gamblers play...
then they go to work again to recover the losses...

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not just Sundays. Everyday of the week, especially at those levels.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don' t think that Sunday players have something different. This day players are much more, almost the double from the other days and this day there are the mtts with the biggest awards. These make some players more nervous and more careless which can effect anyone!

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that Sunday is more players for leisure, they are there to play for fun and no matter how much they lose.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, Saturday and Sunday is the most profitable day for playing poker, as these days are full of fish, and if you play correctly on this day, it’s almost impossible to be in the minus !!! Many of these players do not even count on winning poker for them, this is a rest in front of a working week)))

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you, there are a lot of players playing on Sunday and there are a lot of players playing wildly on the whole map, sometimes I don’t even want to play on such days on Sundays, it’s better for me to play some other day with other players who actually play poker not bingo!

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...definitely more loose,bingo style players on weekend...during the week smaller buyins draw same style..adjust accordingly...thanks darrell

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see these crazy players every day and night at the tables online.
especially in freerolls, go to cheap tournaments where these people absolutely do not want to think about a good game

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sunday is a tough day for many poker players, as big prizes are played on this day.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sunday is the best day of the week for some of the biggest games and the far less expensive satellites to get into those games. Combined with this being a "day off" and the chance for some to throw around some "throw away" money some games just become more volatile. Try playing Omaha with people who consider real money the equivalent of play money..it becomes a lottery...but even playing the lottery has a certain strategy...Benford's Law (math) along with other statistical truths.

With my newly acquired Poker Hoover (PT4) I'll be going through all of the games I've played in the near future and I'll be able to answer this question in a more quantitative manner relative to the games you referenced. My opinion is, you should understand what you're getting into before you step into it and this means preparation...and for those ***** players you encounter spread some "Preparation H" on them;)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No matter what you played, tournaments or cash games, sometimes there are situations where players behave completely crazy. I am used to this.
I am just trying to play well and avoid mistakes.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just Sundays ?? I think the same people play the same what ever day it is. If they get lucky ramming rubbish they continue to ram rubbish.

each to there own, its there cash there gambling with.

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe is because is more people playing on Sunday and they want quick games