Why do people play a lot of tables at one time

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In online poker it is not an advantage to open a single table, opening a few simultaneous screens will maximize your profits, of course playing at your limit and don't lose attention, I for example my maximum screen is 5

kamel

kamel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
more hands at one time is it more profitable?? it depends...

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many tables are played because more hands can be played per hour. This is especially true for professional players. If you play in plus, then you get profit from multi-tabling.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Man I tried an Experiment tonight and boy was it a failure, I just kept on opening up table after table after table, after table, and I must say that eventually I hit a number of tables which I couldn't fit it all on my screen at 1 time so I then had to force myself to do it and play like that , damn i had hard time keeping track and focuse of what i'm doing

I've played up to 16 tables during several years. Still can play 12 tables without a problem. It quite depends on the way you think and how high is your APM at the pc (actions per minute). My average apm is 200-220, some gamers have apm of 500, that's crazy, it's almost 10 actions per second.

I believe that in order to play more than 16 tables you need a special setup, like this guy:

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well for me, I play a lot more tables to have more movement, so I don't get too monotonous.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they try to make more money faster that way . and since you are getting tired after a certain time of playing they are trying to maximize the playing time while not tired . instead of waiting for the next hand on 1 table they rather want to play 2-3 other hands in the meanwhile on other tables

for me it doesnt work . i have to concentrate and also analyze opponents etc. . and i also dont play ABC poker so it is not for me

Newmy12345

Newmy12345

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of tables for me means maximum 4. I dont play cash , just tourneys.More than that and I cant keep up, better fewer and all attention and my best game towards them. Even so when you tile them they get small and I admit Im blind lol. I need to have a huge monitor to be able to comfortably play 4 tables because I only play on PC

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play more tables its automatically more hands,which means more chances of hitting a premium hand and profitting.

W

waynaldo009

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Out of boredom for some people. Just like people looking at their phones while watching tv.

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is more so when you have a good understanding of GTO and you have played for good while and you are very confident at the game!
In this game you have to fold for most of the time and you can't play every cards you like if you want to be profitable long term. That is what I know.

Savantino

Savantino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some play for rake back, even if your profit is Zero)

Reail

Reail

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The big advantage of online poker is multi-tabling, whether you're playing cash or tournaments. The main thing is to run as many tables as you can handle. If you're looking to play online poker for profit and not just for fun, then you'll want to learn the skill of multi-tabling.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how to play four or more tables, placing them on the monitor, I can play no more than two, I tried four, but the tables were too small, uncomfortable, and you do the tables are big, they pop up at the wrong moment, you want to call on one table and at that moment another table pops up and you call in the wrong place

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
To accumulate volume.

Putting volume in your game can help in some way mitigate the variance.

K

KING1805

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I feel like many people get bored easily if they only play one table. This way the probability of winning some money is more. But on the other hand I think that it gets harder to focus if you play a lot of tables at once.

W

wvielmo

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Because playing at more tables you reduce the variance, better players won more times than worse players, in a small sample it will not be as expressive, but in a large sample it will be evident.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players tend to play lots of tables to maximize their win per hour. The best way to get used to playing lots of tables is to gradually add tables as you get used to it. The other thing you want to do is stagger when you start tourneys, you do not want to have 10 final tables going at the same time - its better to have your tables more "seasoned" ie at different stages.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Everything has already been said.

All I can add is that it's simply a natural process as with any other job or activity you do. You start slowly, having no clue what you are doing, you then improve slowly, find something that works, then you naturally create reflexes, which speed up your process and eventually multi task. And I believe this is just a natural progress in poker. When you start playing poker, you don't really recognise anything but the cards, but slowly your brain starts to regonise patterns, which give you reads and information. Once you have the reflexes, you just apply them to more and more tables, because your brain already knows what to expect, of course with some tough decisions here and there, but not as tough as all decisions used to be in the beginning. When you move up the stakes, you start again from the bottom, with some idea but still won't know what to expect until you see it happen 1000 times.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
3 full ring cash games easy to play at once , same for 3 MTT , 3 head up sitngo games at the same time are very difficult !

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One remark - to maximize profit)

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a multi-table game, more dynamics, more options, and the game is faster, not so slow, but it is important that there are not too many tables, this is also bad

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that most people are getting bored playing to a single table. Especially if you are at a table where everybody is playing slow. But in the same time playing at multiple tables can distract you. I, for example, can play at maximum 3 tables at once. If I play at more tables than I can't concentrate at all of them

Oranaro

Oranaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many reasons to play multi tables, but if you want to increase the number, don't go from 1 table to 4 on one shot, take it to 2 for a week or two, then 3, etc.. you will be able to play more hands in a limitted timelaps , and not reduce variance, cause it doesn't, but overcome it. Let's say you play agressivly and quite loose, and your tables are gambling, the variance will be high, playing multiple will not reduce the variance, but you will be playing more hands and reach probabilistics results from the law of large numbers faster. Players that tend to play too lose, end up tightening their ranges multitabling, some decisions are evident, but to do not give some timing tells, you have to wait, multi tabling is a good way as you will play on other tables while your decision is taken but you tank some time on the other one. But be aware, your results may decline from multitabling, if you go from 10bb/100 in cash games to 4bb/100 it may become useless as you are beaten by the rake, but going from 14bb/100 to 8bb/100 may be usefull as the hourly income is higher.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Man I tried an Experiment tonight and boy was it a failure, I just kept on opening up table after table after table, after table, and I must say that eventually I hit a number of tables which I couldn't fit it all on my screen at 1 time so I then had to force myself to do it and play like that , damn i had hard time keeping track and focuse of what i'm doing
I play at most tables because it's boring to wait for 30-60 seconds for people who are thinking what to do with 23 to fold or play because of this I play at several tables so as not to be bored