Why do bad hands keep beating good hands online?

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing hands are easier to recall than winning ones. Can you remember exactly how you played that last big winning hand ?
Most likely not. Will you be able to recall how an individual luck-boxed you out of AA with a low straight on the river?
Naturally, you will. If you're single-tabling, you're playing 2-3 times as many hands every hour and if you're multi-tabling,
you can be playing much more than that. Most players find it easier to recall receiving terrible beat than sucking out on someone,
so if it seems like more bad beats occur online, it might just be that you're playing more hands.

slevinzed

slevinzed

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
online is slimly more exaggerated but be sure that this also happen during real games , I lost a 5K Allin preflop AA against some guy with 5h8d, even the dealer was shocked when he got a straight

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If NLH was as simple as math then logic would always win.
Simply see more hands online making it appear bad hands win more often.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are seeing 65 to 70 hands per hour, there is gonna be more of everything out there. Most premium starting hands are a 3 to 1 or so favorite, so that is 15 underdogs per hour coming out on top. It's a minefield out there and you hope to dodge it.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I 've been playing poker since 2010 and i never met the situation when 23 beats a pair of aces.

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There are some myth of online poker. For sure there are some sites where it possible is that this sites are scam. But i think the big sites liker pokerstars are save. There is too much money involved that this sites could be afford some negative press. If you see the ept final table from barcelona yesterday there was such alot of miracle on the river. If it happened in the online game everybody would the this was not fair. But this is poker. There is variance. And alot of people do not understand the percentage of winning. They think they have a much stronger hand. But in real is it onle 6 to 4 advantage. And this indicated the of ten hands only 6 will win on the long run. Otherwise you remember only the negative. In test is it 5times more you remember. If you win hands in the middle of your tourney you did not remember it, you remember only the last hand, and mostly the last hand you loose.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Because, sometimes , your good hands (even premium ones)wll be beaten by weaker hands.That is part of this game.That is whyI like it.Poker would be really boring if all the strongest hands win every hand or flip.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are no bad hands in poker, only weak players who don't know how to play with strong hands.It doesn't depend on the cards, but on how they are played!

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
this is my first post and I hope you like it.

generally when we play online, we have the doubt of what a good hand really is, because sometimes a 2,3 can beat a pair of A's.

There seems to be a lot more going on in online poker than in a real game.
Of course, a good poker player will prove it table after table and tournament after tournament, but sometimes you can get lucky.

Have you ever had the feeling that a player had an unbelievable streak of luck winning chips with very low hands betting everything against very good hands for several hands in a row?
If you've seen it, in which poker room is it most viewed?
if you keep thinking about lucky you will never think and if you dedicate yourself to the movements and probabilities existing in the body I would not be in that kind of thinking

Não há mãos ruins no pôquer, apenas jogadores fracos que não sabem jogar com mãos fortes. Não depende das cartas, mas de como elas são jogadas!
I partially agree with what you say but yes there are Dead bits But I actually agree that there are many strong hands that are played more

S

shellie111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
thats how the poke sites like it.always lose with the best hand no matter what you do.its just luck

Svetluj

Svetluj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Because You don’t have enough skill to play with good hands)

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is not always the case, there are transfers. But it also happens the other way around.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hi, friend!
This is called selective memory, we always remember only bad moments, but very quickly forget how our strong hands often win. We simply believe that this should always be the case.

If you are talking about players who win very often with a weak hand, remember: luck also has batteries, and they sit down)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, friend!
This is called selective memory, we always remember only bad moments, but very quickly forget how our strong hands often win. We simply believe that this should always be the case.

If you are talking about players who win very often with a weak hand, remember: luck also has batteries, and they sit down)
This, and with more hands dealt online there is more to remember.

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
They are not bad hands because they win, but it is not always a matter of luck to build the character of the players, but if you have a good hand, manage your chips well to get bad hands out of the table before the flop, having a good hand without raising and clearing the table a little does not guarantee you win, it's better to play against two than against the full table, but many people go fishing with good hands and with a full table there is always one hand That kills the good hand

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Now that is very interesting. Your point of view, azteca6, is making me rethink my play, because I am the type of player to slow play a big hand before the flop. As not to scare away the potential players. You are right about "it's better to play against two than against the full table".
I am now trying to complete the CC Poker Course, but I have no time to work on it as I am now busy with with personal matters.
Thank you for reminding me of basic poker play.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All part of the joy of poker IMO. You win some you lose some.

A

allfarewells

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think if your losing with sold premium hands all the time it’s more down to luck my friend…. Keep playing the way your play (I’m sure the way you play is ok)? And eventually you’ll find yourself winning as the wins will even out eventually atleast that’s what I choose to believe 🙄😂😂

Much love and better luck to you in the future my friend
Danny
🙏❤️

D

davscom9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MG
Chips
According to what I've seen, this is a particularity of freeroll poker or low buy-in online poker. People have a tendancy to call everything.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I have noticed, that there are days, when bad hands beat good hands very often. These days I call the day of the moron:D. Sometimes on these days I also start playing like a moron, and sometimes it helps.:p

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weak hands in poker in the long run will always lose, it is proven, we should not doubt that, what we have to do is always play well and with a solid winning strategy, the results will come.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
this happens both in online poker and in live poker. these are cards, they are unpredictable.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Oh, yes, I know that feeling. When I first started playing online poker and found myself at the table
such a lucky guy. Suspicions about the integrity of the software were creeping in. But it lasted exactly until the moment when I supported him all-in. I was unspeakably surprised by his garbage cards. But I was even more surprised by his cold-blooded bluff. This was my first lesson in psychology - to weigh the chances of success. And one day I had an amazing tournament in which the opening of the cards always turned out in my favor. And with not the most active game, I became the winner of the tournament. This tournament was my second lesson in psychology - to find the thread of Ariadne and not to miss it.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I kind of agree with this although the last 2 live tournaments I've plays I've seen a 3 outer hit the river and 3.4 beat KK. Plus QQ beat AA after an Ace on the river. (The QQ made a flush)

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Cause when u get AA u won´t win every time against 22, 33 , 98 they have smaller % to win but still is some %
no hand is unbeatable at poker. Unless u flop a royal flush :love:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands