Why am i a losing player, when my play stats ?

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what am i doing wrong?:confused:

Attachments

• 20190916_103225.jpg
    20190916_103225.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
N

NUTZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe ur playing slightly loose but at the same time, i dont see the cards ur playing with. so u be loose could be incidental.

trust me, u arnt alone. ive been on a losing streak for a while now.
but wht drives me crazy is the way ive been losing.

FULL HOUSE ACES UP and i lose to a 4 of a kind.

better yet, FLUSH ACE HIGH, NO WAY, THERE IS A FULLHOUSE.
GUESS WHT, I F ING LOSE TO A STR8 FREAKING FLUSH.

sad thing is, in my notes, i will lose to the same player with exact same hand. its happened to me 2 or 3 times against different players and them having the same hand and me having the same hand multiple times.

ive only played online but i need to go to a live table n see if there is the same B.S.

also, try playing some off the wall hands, ( garbage hands) n i bet u will win with a boat. ive seen it soooo many times, its unreal.

N

NUTZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
also, it looks like ur folding alot to the C BET.

try playing the c bet especially if their bet is high. i cant tell u how many times these A holes have ace high with jack on the board. especially play it if u have atleast a pair,

A

Anglermeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the stats look ok. Maybe a little more defending. What is your calling range from SB and BB when raising late positions?

It can also be just bad luck. In poker you can run a long time -EV.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Coaching

what am i doing wrong?:confused:

Than U 4 Posting.

You may be not be doing anything wrong it is only 204k hands. Variance may still be the factor at that number.

The best thing for you to do is get a coach to look at your play. You may be missing out on value or you may be ranging villains incorrectly or you could be over valuing middle pairs etc.

In NL all you have to be doing wrong is miss playing some of your all-in hands to be a losing player. That would not show up in those stats.

If you do not want to be coached, post some of your hands so we as a group can look for leaks if there are any. There may not be.

Hope this helps

:):)

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Fold to C-bet and fold to Steal statistics indicates that a player can attack your blinds and/or c-bet and print money just by betting the flop.

And the fact that your aggression factor is high and green can mean that you bluff in the wrong spots and get called by a better hand that is using your aggression against you. Or you just bluff to much in general.

Just blind aggression is not a positive trait. It must be selective aggression in the right situation.

Don't just look for some general stats. Identify what kind of hands and on which boards you lose most money.

Filter for biggest losing pots and study them (or post them here if you want opinions/advice).

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stats like these dont tell the whole story. A lot of your winrate is also determined by, how you play in big pots. If for instance you cannot fold the second best hand, or you tend to bluff to much in bad spots, this can be very detrimental to your results. So besides these overall stats, you also need to review individual big pots to see, if you made some expensive blunders. As for the stats your gap between VPIP and PFR is a little to wide, so look to cut down on the amount of cold calling. If its good enough to call, maybe its also good enough to 3-bet, and if not then maybe just fold.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold to C-bet and fold to Steal statistics indicates that a player can attack your blinds and/or c-bet and print money just by betting the flop.

And the fact that your aggression factor is high and green can mean that you bluff in the wrong spots and get called by a better hand that is using your aggression against you. Or you just bluff to much in general.

Just blind aggression is not a positive trait. It must be selective aggression in the right situation.

Don't just look for some general stats. Identify what kind of hands and on which boards you lose most money.

Filter for biggest losing pots and study them (or post them here if you want opinions/advice).

Two areas of interest. What is your flip percentage 45-55%?
What is your 80% or better after the flop?

Mine from 2.4+ mill hands over two years is dismal. My flips is at 24% and 80% or better post flop is just at 48%. Yes all those hands usually end up all in. This is how your long run profits are made.

i would say i'm extremely lucky in getting cards to play online. When i play them they normally hit the flop and if i see a turn there's money in it.

Some good advice is dont chase cards on heavy pots and minimize bluffing. Really big leaks .

Last is what a lot would say is unnecessary. In my observation I've saved a lot of money minimizing betting against players with 80% vpip or higher. Specially in flip situations. My vpip is 24-26% dependent on players. Most of my loses are from these same players that so many try and prey on. Easy looking targets kill your profit. Explain that.

I know I'm full of poo right. My live play is almost exactly the same style. That BR is little over 29 grand only playing one day a week at 15/30 800 buy in. My online profit over two years with those ridiculous winning percentages just above even. You include rake im well below. But remember live play is so much easier they say. Cant make it online try live. Good luck.:ahhhhh:

C

charliej

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that I sometimes play a hand a certain way just to improve my stats! I think one of the biggest game improvements for me came from lowering VPIP and raising PFR so that they are as close as possible. This is for low stakes online.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Need more information about 204K hands. mtt/cash/sng, table size, type of game, speed if mtt/sng.

Below are my general thoughts but it could be dead wrong depending on info on the 204K hands.
I agree with post 10 above the difference between vpip and prf is too big. It should be around 22/18 or 18/13. Fold to cbet is too big for 22 vpip and cbet is too low should be at least around 70.