AzazeL0707

AzazeL0707

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Have you noticed different in the play on smartphone and computer?

N

Nuts2727

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phone is okay if I need to use it. I much prefer the computer for multi-tabling though. I like to be able to see all of my tables on the computer, and hate jumping from table to table on my phone. If I am playing on my phone, I just keep it to 1 to 2 tables. That is really the only major difference I see. The players are exactly the same, no matter what device you are using to play.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!:ciao:
There has already been a similar topic. Well, let's answer it again. :eek:
Of course, the computer is more convenient and more comfortable, but sometimes I use the phone. The difference is mobility. There is also no chat and statistics when playing on the phone, as well as a number of some functions (for example, displaying cards after a fold).
No? But then again i pretty much dont use either of these devices for poker therefore ...
Yes, yes, you are using a tablet.:)

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I only play on my Laptop, because I like sitting on my Couch and playing on a decent screen. I can imagine playing on a Smartphone but only if there are no other options.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I gambled a few times on mine and this only works for me when I play holdem, but as soon as I play 8 games or horse, one where several variants are combined, I get really stressed. Because it is not shown on the mobile phone which variant starts and I then spend too much time trying to find out what is currently being played. Chatting on the cell phone is also difficult because when you open the chat it covers the whole table but since I don't chat at the table most of the time it's not really a problem. There are people who like to play poker with their cell phones, but it's not my favorite.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In some cases I try to play from the mobile phone since I am busy doing other things, a certain smartphone gives you the possibility to play comfortably from wherever you are, in my case personally, when I'm playing on my smartphone, it's because I'm busy doing other things. :D:D:D

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had no internet for several days and had to play on my smartphone. Certainly a bit inconvenient. It is not convenient that I did not find a place where to write in the chat. And it is not known how many players are left in the tournament and how far it is to the prize money. And in order to register in a particular tournament or freeroll, you need to go to the search.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello!:ciao:
There has already been a similar topic. Well, let's answer it again. :eek:
Of course, the computer is more convenient and more comfortable, but sometimes I use the phone. The difference is mobility. There is also no chat and statistics when playing on the phone, as well as a number of some functions (for example, displaying cards after a fold).

Yes, yes, you are using a tablet.:)

I can't confirm that. In the mobile App (pokerstars) you can chat just like on the PC, you have to use your phone in landscape mode. The statistics etc. can also be displayed without any problems, just click on the "In game" button.

It may be that they have revised it in the meantime and you have not yet had a taste of the new update. Try it out, I find the app has now hardly any disadvantages and you have the poker lobby always in your pocket :)

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I can't confirm that. In the mobile app (PokerStars) you can chat just like on the PC, you have to use your phone in landscape mode. The statistics etc. can also be displayed without any problems, just click on the "In game" button.
It may be that they have revised it in the meantime and you have not yet had a taste of the new update. Try it out, I find the app has now hardly any disadvantages and you have the poker lobby always in your pocket :)
Thank you for your comment:eek:, but we are not talking about a specific platform. I wrote quite generically.:) On Replay, for example, there is no chat (even in landscape form);)

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yesterday I went for a long walk and in the evening I sat down on a park bench in the nice weather while I was playing poker.

I find it a luxury not to have to sit for hours like a zombie at the PC and to be able to move freely.

Especially since the mobile app now offers almost identical possibilities and is very clearly laid out and user-friendly, I don't see any disadvantages there.

But you also have to say that I use an iphone 13 Max Pro, is also something like a tablet almost:D

If you are dependent on third party software or want to play mainly multi-table, then a PC can be more practical.

At the end of the day, it's probably a matter of taste and getting used to it, since I uncharacteristically started playing poker in general via a mobile device.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The biggest issue with smartphone play is multi-site play. I have to choose either 888 or poker stars, for example, when playing the daily CC freerolls. Multi-tabling on a given site is hit and miss. It's not bad on 888, but very annoying on Poker Stars mobile.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There's only one occasion that I play with my smartphone, the one when I'm not able to use my mac.
It's very good for the players to have that options, smartphone or tablets.

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The ONLY time I use the phone is if I have to play mobile or my computer/laptop are not available. I am very uncomfortable on the small screen.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Either works for me. The discussion about chat/no chat is a distraction. Poker is poker, chat is chat. They’re two different things.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use my mobile because it does not work on my desktop. I am not a fan. It is difficult to multi-table and there are frequent misclicks when another table pops up and overlays. Also when multi_tabling you can see only one table at a time.

It is also impossible to use the chat. Action buttons will pop up as you are typing.
I can comfortably two-table on my mobile. Three can be tough, especially when you get to short-handed play.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phone is okay if I need to use it. I much prefer the computer for multi-tabling though. I like to be able to see all of my tables on the computer, and hate jumping from table to table on my phone. If I am playing on my phone, I just keep it to 1 to 2 tables. That is really the only major difference I see. The players are exactly the same, no matter what device you are using to play.
I agree, I personally can’t play more than 1 table from my phone at all, so I rarely play from my phone.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I sometimes play on my smartphone when I'm outside. But in general I find it less comfortable, especially when playing a long tournament. You also have to hold the smartphone in your hand somehow or put it somewhere against the wall, which is not really the best thing to do.
But for short games I find it quite pleasant.:cool:

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
its very relaxing playing on mobile , but on laptop I have more options . I am bored to open the pc only for poker so I rarely do so

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t like to play on multiple tables on my smartphone because I don’t see what’s happening on the other table.

The game is much more transparent on a computer, but more convenient on a smartphone.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do, during early stages of tournaments, when I watch a movie to pass the time until thing get interesting.

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I play on the phone when I'm not on my computer. It gives me less focus though, as I can walk around the house playing while doing other things. On computer you can make the table look really big so it draws all of your attention. It helps me be more into the game.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is better on a computer, you can play a couple of tournaments without problems and look at other sites for news. And I live in Ukraine and the news interests me.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
What do you mean by the difference? Sure, the functionality and options are usually limited on phone for any app, so of course there is some difference. Although I won't say something crucial is missing, I overall don't like to play on my phone. For example, pokerstars app is terrible in my opinion, 888 is a lot better. I didn't use appps for other rooms.

As for difference in RNG maybe? I haven't noticed any difference.