Who says that it's better to play the Weekend because it has more Recreational Games?

ProblemPlaya

ProblemPlaya

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also you clearly didn’t take psychology 101 bc you don’t seem to know the symptoms of schizophrenia

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Recreational, Novice, or Fish? Call them what you want but they are some of the hardest player's to beat, Why? because they are the hardest to put on a range of hands, quite simply they don,t have a range, and because they don't, they are incredibly hard to read.
They will often play any 2 cards just because they look nice or they are feeling Lucky, and Luck is what they rely upon, and more often or not they catch a Flush or fill up a Boat when they play a 9/5 off suit, because it reminds them that their Wife's birthday is on the 9th of May?
There is no logic in the hands they choose, other than they came to play, and play they will, with anything in their hand.
Good player's wait until they are in position, or have a very strong starting hand, before they invest in a pot, Recreational players don't even know what position they are in, (sitting upright at the table). They just go with the flow and hope for the best.
You can find them in all manner of places, certainly there are many more On-line, but I have met them in Live games as well.
Now I am not saying I am a great player, not even a good one, but I am still in profit, and can hold my own when it come's to playing Poker, so I consider myself to be a competent player, I have been playing for over 20 years, and still have day's where I just don't give a hoot! Sometimes I make some really dubious calls simply because the mathematics tell me it is the right thing to do, like calling an all-in from a player when I am already invested in the pot, by being on the BB and a call is only going to cost me a couple more blinds.
It is just common sense in some situations, not skill, and sometime's I get Lucky!
Poker is a "Fun Game" when played with the right attitude, losing money that you really cannot afford, or playing for stakes that are way out of your League, are two thing's I don't ever do, that is why I can laugh it off when my A/A gets busted.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mixed bag weekends do bring newbies but it also brings out lots of good players who worked all week and are hungry to damage

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The weekends have more recreational players(I guess it's clearly why, as poker is just a hobby and a way to 'waste' some time and relax after a long week of work) and it's IMO the best time for regs to make some money as for sure they can exploit the many mistakes the recreational make... I mean, you can lose a few sessions because of 'bad' luck but on the long term, if you can't beat the recreational players than for sure you'll have it tougher against other regs... That's why all successful poker players say that's really important to select good tables to play on and also to spot the 'fish' at the table and if you have a tough time doing it than you might just be the weakest player instead...

Have a great Sunday everyone!

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that on any day, not only on weekends, there are maniacs.

F

Foolsrushin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Small stakes

If micro stakes players are playing crazy, I see it as a chance to take advantage of their too loose play style. I sit back and play tight. If I get lucked out on I remind myself that guy was doing me a favor giving me great odds to win the hand.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's nice to have multiple tables to choose from. Usually, weekends have more games running than weekdays.

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it really depends. If you are a freeroll player only then yes, the weekends are better. There are more big pot bonus games but that also means the player pool is bigger and you may encounter more players that don't play true poker. If you are playing buy-in tournaments then of course the weekdays are better because there are less of you fighting for the money.

I like to play on both the weekend and weekdays for that reason. Weekends are great for me because I can focus on just poker but then on the weekdays, if I even have time to play, it might only be one tournament.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sounds like good times and big pots to me. I do understand the sentiment and being adverse to unpredictability.

R

RJohnson1188

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well the weekends do have alot of games that are more accessible to recreational players

H

hiker5878

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed!

I like to play in the morning (it doesn't matter which day) - if you choose weekend morning games - half of them is probably drunk... :D

I play mostly 5am-7:30am M-F EST. Always do better then, lot's of punter's, just wait....

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Poker is poker every day there is no difference or time or days:D:icon_sant

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In fact, I think it is rubbish to play the weekend, everyone says it is better to play recreational games, bla bla bla ... you can't read any open raise range by position at all .... they play like maniacs in both freerolls and money , and as they are unbelievable luck, I stopped playing the weekend, and the worst is that there are more freerolls at the weekend, a bit boring. If I get angry at the weekend I don't know what goes on in these players' minds, it must be schizophrenia. I'm dying to play a nice and nice little game but it's difficult.

I have to agree with you that you shouldn't play on weekends, but the reason is different, there are a lot of strong regulars playing on weekends, and on weekdays they have a rest on some days. So I try to play less on weekends and significantly more on weekdays.

U

unadonk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Weekends for sure! Thats why Vegas is so great, its ALWAYS somebody's weekend, LOLZ.

hyfl

hyfl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing on weekends. You just need to adjust strategy to a lot of loose/passive players, and than you can be pretty profitable.

B

Boo02

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't read all posts :eek: But I think that everything has been written.

Poker is an adaptation game. You just can't, play the same againt everyone.

You may like playing with better (predictable) opponets. But if your goal is to earn money not just a game. Than you have to... adapt ;)

YRAGAGARIN

YRAGAGARIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it's fun to play on the weekend, because the weekend:D

M

mrc1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact, I think it is rubbish to play the weekend, everyone says it is better to play recreational games, bla bla bla ... you can't read any open raise range by position at all .... they play like maniacs in both freerolls and money , and as they are unbelievable luck, I stopped playing the weekend, and the worst is that there are more freerolls at the weekend, a bit boring. If I get angry at the weekend I don't know what goes on in these players' minds, it must be schizophrenia. I'm dying to play a nice and nice little game but it's difficult.

I didn't read one response in this thread. I can tell you I am certain of a few things in life...Death, taxes, and it is easier to win poker friday, saturday, and sunday than any other day in the week. People are drunk. People are relaxed. People are just splashing for sh*ts and giggles.....My win rate over the weekend is so unbelievably different than during the week it is almost laughable.

To clarify...I am people too that I am talking about above. I don't know what it is. I just play looser on the weekend. Work isn't on your mind. The old lady is relaxed at the house. It's just a better atmosphere. When people are comfortable they tend to make worse decisions. If you've ever been in a bar past 11 and see "what's left" you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I like playing the weekend although what you say is true is very wild but unfortunately other weekends is when I have more time to play, so I have to adapt to that field sometimes is funny and good rewarding but sometimes is really stressing with the bad beats that get you out in that hand s maniac pay you with one out and falls on the river :(

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
weekends are far better. Fri. night is just as good.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
as long as freerolls you can't get affected by the bad beat you just keep playing your game and keep stacking them off most of the time

Top 10 Games