Who says that it's better to play the Weekend because it has more Recreational Games?

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In fact, I think it is rubbish to play the weekend, everyone says it is better to play recreational games, bla bla bla ... you can't read any open raise range by position at all .... they play like maniacs in both freerolls and money , and as they are unbelievable luck, I stopped playing the weekend, and the worst is that there are more freerolls at the weekend, a bit boring. If I get angry at the weekend I don't know what goes on in these players' minds, it must be schizophrenia. I'm dying to play a nice and nice little game but it's difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In fact, I think it is rubbish to play the weekend, everyone says it is better to play recreational games, bla bla bla ... you can't read any open raise range by position at all .... they play like maniacs in both freerolls and money , and as they are unbelievable luck, I stopped playing the weekend, and the worst is that there are more freerolls at the weekend, a bit boring. If I get angry at the weekend I don't know what goes on in these players' minds, it must be schizophrenia. I'm dying to play a nice and nice little game but it's difficult.

I will admit that for a period I also stopped playing on the weekends for precisely the same reason - the play was so wild it was not worth it.

I do play the weekends now but stick within the CC Free Roll Club which at least is less frenetic.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will admit that for a period I also stopped playing on the weekends for precisely the same reason - the play was so wild it was not worth it.

I do play the weekends now but stick within the CC Free Roll Club which at least is less frenetic.

yes of the freerolls without a doubt the one of cardschat is the best, and even so I know how it is when you don't have time, or it doesn't matter so much the tournament is played anyway, but sometimes the anger:mad::D.

it's not so much about winning, it's about making a good game too. today I did not play more than 20 min per table and playing right. But it is part of this is the interest of poker. but from anger
:p:p:p

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
yes of the freerolls ....
it's not so much about winning, it's about making a good game too. today I did not play more than 20 min per table and playing right. But it is part of this is the interest of poker. but from anger
:p:p:p

Ha! Absolutely agree with you there also!

Yes, playing in an interesting game is gratifying even if you end up with nothing to show for it. I prefer to engage with poker played in an intelligent manner but of course we cannot expect let alone demand such games.

Then reluctantly, you just end up opting out when the play is ridiculous. I look forward to a time (hopefully) when I play higher stakes because the game play though more difficult will be more rewarding.

shibdevvar

shibdevvar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play on weekend except free ticket games.
Play on late night times 1 or 2 game will be there on any site where only less players are played.
Probability of your winning is high.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
It is not rocket science to understand why on weekend there are way more people playing :rolleyes:

Therefore it is probably indeed better to play during the weekend although you can probably still do in about every day lol :bebored:

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play on weekend except free ticket games.
Play on late night times 1 or 2 game will be there on any site where only less players are played.
Probability of your winning is high.

the smaller, much easier field is true, although the guarantees are not as high

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not rocket science to understand why on weekend there are way more people playing :rolleyes:

Therefore it is probably indeed better to play during the weekend although you can probably still do in about every day lol :bebored:

I see all professionals here in brazil saying that it is better

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
I like to play in the morning (it doesn't matter which day) - if you choose weekend morning games - half of them is probably drunk... :D

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I see all professionals here in Brazil saying that it is better

Of course it's better. There's a much higher ratio of recreational/bad players vs. regulars on the weekend. .... BUT.. we're not talking about the freerolls and of course the micros will be FILLED with players making such ridiculous plays it will be very difficult to put them on a range of hands (& MANY will typically be way over valuing their hand... and over playing it... ie. Top Pair on a 4 flush or 4 straight board and they're betting POT on turn & river... expecting to be called by worse??? << more likely they are not even considering what type of hands can call their value bets because they're not even thinking about the other player's hand(s).

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course it's better. There's a much higher ratio of recreational/bad players vs. regulars on the weekend. .... BUT.. we're not talking about the freerolls and of course the micros will be FILLED with players making such ridiculous plays it will be very difficult to put them on a range of hands (& MANY will typically be way over valuing their hand... and over playing it... ie. Top Pair on a 4 flush or 4 straight board and they're betting POT on turn & river... expecting to be called by worse??? << more likely they are not even considering what type of hands can call their value bets because they're not even thinking about the other player's hand(s).

Now the statements that I hear and see about professionals make more sense. The limit must be very important ... micro is almost the same thing as freeroll ... one day I get there (at mid stakes at least)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think, games play all that different in the weekends, and least not in micro or low stakes. There might be a few more recreational players at the tables, but there are also more part-time for profit players, because these are not working, so they also have time to play poker.

In my experience time of day matter a lot more. In the early european morning hours like say 2am-7am CET games on 888 Poker tend to be soft with a high percentage of recreational players from for instance canada, while later in the day they dry up considerably. Also I seriously dont understand, why people dont want to play with loose, wild players. This is where, a lot of the profit is coming from, but I guess, we all have different goals with playing :)

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's easier to beat the good players then what makes them "good players" ?

The weekends are definitively more profitable, because you have a much bigger
edge against these wild players than against the serious opponents.

I also think you will never find a game that fits your idea of a perfect game. If everyone at the table plays only plays top hands then a good player will
switch to a lose style to steal all the pots in which the board doesnt connect
with top hands...

And even if you woukld find a generally tight table then you will still also
receive bad beats there...

It doesn't matter if your Aces are called by fish with 68s or by a legit player with KK. If they hit and you don't you loose...

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WeekEnd vs Weekdays

I think it's a lot of fun to play with a bigger playerpool because the payouts are bigger. Of course your chances of winning are smaller but it's still a lot of fun!!

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is I play every day and I find everything every day but even more so on weekends since not only recreational ones are found, but also pro

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's easier to beat the good players then what makes them "good players" ?

This is a really good question, and it shows, just how silly that idea is, that it is easier to beat good players. They might be eaiser to play against, because they are more predictable, but they are not easier to beat. The answer probably lies in this statement:
and as they are unbelievable luck

A lot of people hate losing to bad players, because they feel, its unjust. Its an ego thing. And then people make up excuses like "the bad players always get lucky", which is just complete nonsense. Bad players get their aces cracked, or run their AQ into AK just as often as good players, and they are massive loosers in the long run. They literally keep the whole wheel turning :)

Thefish87

Thefish87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty much weekends consists of many flips where I'm sure your getting your money in good 70 to 30 but seems like weeks we lose the good flips on river thats what I see something to take note on weekend I find Kaos to but sometimes you got fight Kaos with Kaos but I totally agree with you which is really deterring in what stakes to play

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely feel you there man. I run horribly on the weekends. So many more bad beats. I gave up playing sundays because of this and it’s a bummer cause the Sunday schedules are sooo good. Monday through Friday works for me.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
weekends = more players

more players = more poor players . more poor players = more profit long term . larger fields= more variance . learn to deal with that last part !

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In my experience time of day matter a lot more. In the early european morning hours like say 2am-7am CET

What hours of play does 'your experience' entail?

I find that the tables are the best from 20:00CET to 03:00CET (ainec for me)

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
highly depends on which games you play but a lot more players in the tournaments which makes it take longer to win tournamnets

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest, I don’t care if it’s weekdays or weekends, if there’s freerolls to be played then I’m there whenever :D

C

crabcruncher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best time to find the fun tables like in the old days of party poker. Wild betting and crazy all ins, which are tables that are few and far between until we open up online poker in the US.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anytime

I find on the weekends people play all cards. I see individuals going all in on any 2 suited cards no matter what position there in. I also find players at one table always has someone going all in all the time until someone actually calls and takes them out. Why I don't know maybe a little alcohol involved.

Top 10 Games