Where do you sit?

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I don't mean which seat at the virtual table I mean where do you actually sit. I had a thread about a new set up a while back, thought I had it made but recently have started getting some back pain that is preventing me from playing not only the amount of time I would like, but even affects how I play sometimes.

I'm looking into new seating options to hopefully help, so I ask, where do you sit when you play? For those that do, how do you play for hours on end and keep comfortable?

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually on the couch with laptop. Don't have a desktop yet but I do think a nice gaming/computer chair would be the way to go for long sessions.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think we should sit where it does not distract you from the game.

D

damo137

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On the couch with a lappy. I start playing at 8pm, Normally 2-4 tournaments every night. Sometimes im done by 8.30, other sometimes 1am. :).

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was using a recliner and thought I had it made but I believe the lack of lower lumbar support ending up catching up with me. When I started having issues I moved to the couch but it was softer than the recliner!

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use a high back computer chair at my desk , very comfortable . And I get up and move around during breaks . I think you need to get away from the computer now and then in a long session . That's what works for me anyway . Good luck in finding what works for you .

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was using a recliner and thought I had it made but I believe the lack of lower lumbar support ending up catching up with me. When I started having issues I moved to the couch but it was softer than the recliner!

I would look into a nice office-type computer chair then. One that is comfortable but also offers good back support. I always try to get up and do something every break, or every hour or two during cash games to get the blood moving.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I mean where do you actually sit. have started getting some back pain that is preventing me from playing the amount of time I would like, affects how I play sometimes.

I'm looking into new seating options to hopefully help, how do you play for hours on end and keep comfortable?

Firstly Great Thread and one that could improve lots of Poker Players Lives and levels of comfort through reasoning, advice and Idea's... Well Done... Sorry To Hear You Are In Pain "Necessity is the mother of invention"...
My Self, I enjoy Poker in Bed... That's No Pun, but plenty of Fun...

I found my self being treated for a problem that left me bed ridden for a month recovering... Hence the Start Up of a Poker Passion that was left dormant for many years...

Now I'm Up and about i still find that having a flat screen all in one PC sat next to my bed the most comfortable place to play... During Winter It was Awesome getting home, into bed early nice and warm, with a little pain relief... But You Are Right...

It Cant go on this way so I was thinking about a gaming chair...

76aa6cbc-1ea2-4761-89c5-357aeded02c9_1.509fc34146657cbcd7480f5ee474d46f.jpeg

Or maybe even more lazy one of those lean forward chairs...

Amelia_023_cropped.png

Which I Think Will Really Get My Partner P*ssed off with me lol asking for Back Massage 24/7...

Lol think its safe to say "I'm dreaming" if I think for one second my partner would agree to it lol

Or Imagine diving into a Sensory Deprivation Water Tank for a Long Haul Grind... Wow talk about "Thinking out of the Box!"

38ff780085cc94aa9d460c8c8d1fad17.png

Your Attention would be forcefully focused on every second of Grinding Slow Play Action which may have mental and psychological effects that might need secondary treatment for LMAO Wow I think I've stumbled across something that's going to eat away at me until I've tried it lol

Wonder How Much Poker Some One Can Take before it breaks them?

large.jpg

J

jdmBlue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sit upright in a hard wood chair. I play 30 - 50 hours each week and I think sitting upright is better for my back. I get up and stand occasionally.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree with others that posted that at break time you need to get up and away from the computer. Take that 5 minutes away to stretch.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I sit to play in various places at home. But the ones I prefer are: a chair in front of my pc and a beach chair when I use my mac. The latter is much more comfortable.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I don't mean which seat at the virtual table I mean where do you actually sit. I had a thread about a new set up a while back, thought I had it made but recently have started getting some back pain that is preventing me from playing not only the amount of time I would like, but even affects how I play sometimes.

I'm looking into new seating options to hopefully help, so I ask, where do you sit when you play? For those that do, how do you play for hours on end and keep comfortable?
Instead of a monitor for a computer, I have a big TV and a specially equipped poker room, where there are posters and methodological tips, I play sitting or lying on the couch. comfort for the game. This is important, and it does not prevent me from playing. [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I mostly play on my mobile or ipad
And so I sit on a bar stool with my mobile phone and after an hour or so shift to my IPad and sit on a recliner chair made of plastic (hard).

And of course on my sofa after a few hours.
This way I keep switching places:):D

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! I put the monitor on the bed, and I'm not sitting, I'm lying, very comfortable, I mean, I'm lying half-lying, so I have enough strength for multi-marathon tournaments. But I'm not just about poker. At all I laziyu in Internet polulezha! I removed the leg from the monitor and now I have it as a tablet, I can put it on my knees and put anywhere! ) I love him!

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment I do not spend so many hours playing but I bought a comfortable chair a long time ago I do not suffer from pain but I like to be comfortable in my chair while I play

N

NeoBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sit down sometimes

I sit down and every break i get up and take a walk for about 5 minutes. Sometime I even have to stand so my back doesn't hurt. I have a cheap chair so it makes it even harder. I take Advil sometime to help with the pain. I need to get a new chair

R

rickygstar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a comfy gaming chair would be ideal for long times playing or a neck cousion would help

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually sit on the ceiling)), and which does not hurt

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sit in my room and in my chair, but I still can’t say that I feel comfortable because I have problems with nerves (neuralgia) and after a couple of hours of play I feel weary .. I need to be treated!

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually, I sit on a great leather chair, presented to me by my beloved wife, at the desktop computer. Very rarely play through an application on mobile phone.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hahahahaaa!
I usually sit at the desk with 2 bigger screens on the wall, 2 laptops + 1 smaller screen at the desk. That's how I work and play poker during my work time. Important part of it is comfortable chair, I'm designer, engineer and programmer together with poker player for a long time, and comfortable chair is a must have thing, good ones are not so cheap. I see that some European politicians are using the same chair as my old one, and I also see it quite often on TV, it was not a bad one, for $180, but I'm tall and maximum height of this chair wasn't really comfortable for me. New one is much better but it costs x3 times more. Was thinking about massage chair, but they're too expensive and hard to move, which is critical for me, cause I sit and stand several times per hour, plus sometimes move chair away to perform some excersizes.

but

I also play poker at large TV screen before going to sleep, that's at ACR usually, cause all games at ACR are really late in my time zone.

and

I also play poker with voice control when I'm fixing things and i'm in the room near the desk, cause I also have small workshop near the work desk. I can't hold mouse and keyboard when i'm working with nuts and bolts and other things, so I've set up voice commands for fold\check\bet 1-2-3-4. This way I can play poker several meters away from monitor.

AND :)

Sometimes I play poker "on feet" in my garage. I have a workshop in my garage, where I do welding, cutting and other types of activities with metals\wood. Garage is few miles away from my house and when I work there I usually turn on the music louder and switch monitor there from security cameras to poker tables and keep wireless mouse around. By the way, when plasma cutter cuts metal wireless mouse isn't working, most of radio signals also don't work... Also it's not a good option to place plastic mouse under or near the metal you're going to weld. Trust me, tried 2 times... It's better to place your mouse at a minimum 1 meter distance away from welding area :angel: And finally small metal particles left after cutting or polishing with angle grinder are not good both for your laptop and mouse. You can trust this info<<< Verified it using 4 wireless mouses and 1 laptop.:deal:

Last edited:
A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I'm at home, I connect the laptop to the TV set and get comfortable in the chair with a wireless mouse, and when on business trips you have to get settled and play.