Where Do You Find the Time to Grind...

IllDaShystee

IllDaShystee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to grind small stakes mtts and cash games, but I find it increasingly hard to find the time when I am not distracted by one thing or another. When I was younger in the hey days of online poker (2004-2011) nothing else mattered but the grind, now it seems everything matters but the grind. Looking for some inspiration. Best of luck to all on the felt...

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How familiar. The further I play the less time I have to grind. And also the number of tables that I play in one session has decreased, no more than 4 tables, but before that I could play up to 17 tables per session. But most importantly, there is no desire to ride all day long.

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT I grind the most. Too much variance in cash game.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I love to grind small stakes mtts and cash games, but I find it increasingly hard to find the time when I am not distracted by one thing or another. When I was younger in the hey days of online poker (2004-2011) nothing else mattered but the grind, now it seems everything matters but the grind. Looking for some inspiration. Best of luck to all on the felt...
Without time and perhaps patience, the profit hardly turns!

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really

really playing for a few hours is good more for those who work or have something to do it becomes difficult to get into mtt the most scepter is to play some sit&GO

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I set time for the game and other things in advance. So far everything is going according to plan.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Time management is a good discipline that helps to allocate time wisely. Poker takes a lot of time, but personally I find an average of 15-20 hours a week to play.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Time, what is time? With 2 kids poker does take a back seat often. The days of just grinding are far and few and I just play when I can. Do i get in several tournaments a week but its hard and I get it. What I do is play a quick on a few times a week but then there is Friday night and sometime Sundays when I just into several games at a time. If you can pick a quiet day whatever day of the week is and make it the grind time is what I have done.

M

mrc1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think a lot has to do with our desires and goals. I play at most an hour and a half per day. Sometimes 2 hours. I also work from home so I don't have commute like regular people. I also have a lady who works when I am off so I have that free time as well. If I had kids or more pressing business I could see myself playing for 2 hours a week. It's just like I use to golf when I was younger 5 times a week. Now I a grown man and I might get out once a month. It's just the way things go. Enjoy it while you have the time because some day you won't anymore. :(