when did you start seeing players on whom you had made notes?

gillbates21

gillbates21

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
so i'm interested about the time it took to start seeing players with previously made notes... from the time you started making notes to the time seeing players with notes again regularly and having a chance to use those previously made notes.

i'm talking about MTT format.
post about your experience.
i've been making notes on players daily for a couple of weeks now... just wondering how long till it would start paying off the usfulness.

Last edited:
G

goodsaint

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have just started playing low buy-in MTTs regularly on WPN recently. Because some are Card Chat freerolls, I've come across a fair number I've made notes on. Even recognize some names, though I don't have notes on them. Obviously, on bigger sites it may be awhile, before you come across some you've made notes on. But, if you're playing a certain level of MTTS, you're bound to see some folks you've noted on sooner or later. Just keep taking them.

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've made so many notes, there's at least one person highlighted at any given table. (Usually).

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've only just started taking note recently in the last month, I started Tagging all the Brits I found sat at my tables during tournaments only as I was more concerned with whom 888Poker was rating me against and i did Tag and Note a few Sharks in the cash games...

As it happens a cash game today popped up Mr Shark lol he probably has a tag on me "Lil Miss Fish" haha I realize he was taking me to the cleaners again so i moved off the table and back to tournaments...

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so i'm interested about the time it took to start seeing players with previously made notes... from the time you started making notes to the time seeing players with notes again regularly and having a chance to use those previously made notes.

i've been making notes on players daily for a couple of weeks now... just wondering how long till it would start paying off the usfulness.

The time it took was pretty short.

Mostly you are looking at MTT regulars in that structure / price / or time of day.

Also, the more notes you take the more likely you will see them again.

And to answer your question - notes are useful as soon as you see them on your opponents.

Good luck !

Pharaoh39

Pharaoh39

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have made a lot of notes. Hell, when I play live tournaments I make notes of some players on my phone.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
US play

in the united states the sites we have access to are smaller so you often run across players you have taken notes on , or color coded .

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always take notes on the players, but if I note them in another tournament, I first look at them, if the opinion about them does not change, then I do not change the label, and add if I notice.

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on the cache tables are often found the same people, so notes are very helpful

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
where I usually play, I can just watch the table and evaluate the actions of the players when I see the showdown .. from this I draw conclusions about each player and take notes on them without even taking part.
In the future, these notes will be useful to me at the table, when these people will play against me

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the On Demand tournaments on ACR, you tend to see the same group that grind the micros so not long. Also seem to see the same players in the higher stake games as well. So a cycle of every other tournament if not every tournament.

gillbates21

gillbates21

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
where I usually play, I can just watch the table and evaluate the actions of the players when I see the showdown .. from this I draw conclusions about each player and take notes on them without even taking part.
In the future, these notes will be useful to me at the table, when these people will play against me
it is useful? yes
is this optimal use of the play time? ...

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is useful? yes
is this optimal use of the play time? ...
when I wait for my tournament, I just watch the others on another table at any time and make notes about the players. why not

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Taking notes on players, I saw the first player somewhere after a couple of weeks, but there I immediately changed the note, as the person changed the tactics of the game where I got caught, I am very sorry for this situation.

gillbates21

gillbates21

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
when I wait for my tournament, I just watch the others on another table at any time and make notes about the players. why not

personal preferences, i understand.

but a person, who's goal is to maximize profits, would probably use the waiting time to play some other table(s)? and then do notes while actually in the game for better time management?

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
personal preferences, i understand.

but a person, who's goal is to maximize profits, would probably use the waiting time to play some other table(s)? and then do notes while actually in the game for better time management?
I prefer to take breaks after the game and rest at the same time just watching other tables before my next tournament.
I need rest between games

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also always make notes about the players I play with. Most often, however, I designate their colors, defining their ranges of starting hands.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually tag guys I played with at final tables separately from other tags. After about a month of playing I start to see a few of those guys playing almost everyday.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never have I seen a guy I made notes on . Maybe i dont log enough hrs. Very interesting. Would you tag players with various degrees of donkeyness.!

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in MTT has never met the same player) more often you meet at the cash tables

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not have this custom of making notes simply put colors.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You can take notes from a donk player, but the sharks don't leave any trace for they change their speed from time to time.

gillbates21

gillbates21

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
You can take notes from a donk player, but the sharks don't leave any trace for they change their speed from time to time.
but one can make a note about somebody being a shark, which can remind to be careful.