When Did You Start Playing Online Poker? What is Your Best Game?

Duraphig

Duraphig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I played years ago, 8+ yeas ago, SnG's were where I did best. That is probably where I'll start again now when I build a bankroll from freerolls. I would like to get into MTT's in the future though.

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did start in 2012 and not regular. took few years gap since not learning that great at that time. now with some free time I did start to levelup my game and get some wins. good Luck to All.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started with tournaments,mostly freerolls because there's no risk of losing any money.

crazymakak

crazymakak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing for a long time, more than five years ago. My favorite type of poker - tournaments and now spin and go

M

midoooo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A year ago, I tried, not very poluchalos.Slozhnaya game a lot of good players

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play poker for 4-5 years.
When I started playing, in the first year I played only freerolls.
Than, a year later, I began to play the cheapest SnG tournaments.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 years ago. Been playing live for 16. I can tell for me online is more difficult. My main ability is to read opponents based on their behaviour and that is much more difficult online then live poker.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seriously I started playing poker from November 2017.
and I see what happens and I continue to learn everything that is in the world of poker

NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see many players saying that to build a bankroll when you start playing poker you have to play more SGN, do you agree with that?
in which mode and buy-in were you most successful when you started playing poker? (Cash Game? Sit and Go or MTTs?)

I started with SNGs, STTs only. Started playing some MTTs b/c of Freerolls, but the high variance and the huge time sink made them less appealing, which is why I only play CC MTTs now (smaller and smarter field = more fair play).

Cash games and 6max SNGs are my best games now. Cash games, obviously, are the best in terms of money and /hr. But I love the SNGs b/c it's how I started and they are always a bit more exciting than Cash tables.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
a bit over a year ago I started playing. no limit holdem is my best game, but have been dabbling into nolimit and pot limit Omaha hi/low. super fun game btw.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i start one year ago, and my best game wa royal flush vs. royal flush...i win

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im playing online poker almost everyday since 2004 and still dont have my favorite type of game :D But mostly i prefer MTT's and KO's, sometimes im playing sng but mtt and ko is better for me. Casual cash games when im waiting for some bigger tournament.

J

JaanRaio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first time i start playing poker when i was about 16years old. I play live with my old friends.
But then i got break about couple years. And last year i play more active poker.
and favorit game defently hold em.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started playing in 2004 there were like 12 or 14 (and sometimes more) affiliate freerolls everyday. It was a grind but was able to build a small bankroll.
I suck at cash games and don't have the stamina for most MTTs. So for me SNGs are the way to go.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was introduced to poker in 2007 and found pokerstars and full tilt poker around that time. After Black Friday I'd play less and less but I found ACR a couple years ago and liked them so I picked online poker back up.

D

drXalf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This month and on PokerStars site

I started playing poker this month lol

stillgotouts

stillgotouts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
15 years old. 24 now, but I took tons of breaks, or lost my roll many times before I learned how to play somewhat decently. I’m still not great at cash games. Spending the time to learn that now.
Holden, but that’s my “best” because that’s basically all I play.

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He started playing 8 years ago, there were long breaks for a year. The biggest win was in MTT at $ 4.40 for knocking out, amounted to around $ 80-90, I do not remember exactly. Cathal mostly micro MTT's, now switched to SnG Micros.

Nelly404

Nelly404

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started 1 year ago and I usually play NL Holdem at Pokerstars and Omaha at unibet and my biggest win was approx. 24 dollars :)

Last edited:
T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started playing about a year after Moneymaker won the wsop main event.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started off playing online poker when I was at a legal age in canada to register online at pokerstars , I played in sit n gos as a beginner then played in mtts (preferably PKO’s or knock outs) to try and build my bankroll from bounties ... back when there was 1k privilege Freerolls

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I play poker online 3 months, remember the first song when she came on the scene, and everything turned out, and the next game was the most fun, when he took 45th place, and $ 1 for Fábregas Gypsy TEAM.

Top 10 Games