When you play online, what is your setup?

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your setup? I am getting more and more into online now that I am learning microstakes..I am wondering what is your setup, not 'just' you're computer setup but the overall room setup. I have some neons going behind the computer monitor to reduce eye strain, have my ipad set up on a stand for percentage calculations...what do you have as your "online" poker playing setup?

Last edited:
F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a basic 3 monitor setup with no flashing lights lol. Got a nice music playlist to jam to and I'm off to the races.

lightf

lightf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really have a setup to play, just 2 monitor so if I want to check some odds calculator I can do it while I'm playing and then I have a good music playlist to relax and play my game just chilling and having fun.

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, settings are needed. First, you need to set up the client program: choose a convenient color of cards, blind sizes, auto-buy stacks, and so on. Secondly, make your desk chair comfortable, pick up the light, and so on. Without these things, it is impossible to play well and a lot.

D

Devspuch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
reasons

Good question! Music, bottle of water, closed curtains - it is definitely always present. Sometimes tea with biscuit and dark chocolate. Athough I heard without music and food. 1) The brain works better when you're hungry.2) Music distracts you. And etc) :rolleyes:

D

Devspuch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker client settings

if you're talking about poker client settings, then I like the usual settings :cool:

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have my laptop on a table. next to my laptop is small tv to plug in my dreamcast or ps4 so i can play my games or watch netflix while i play my mtt(s).

sometimes i use the table space to fold clothes while i play.

J

jorgejarapy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good music list and my glass of water are more than enough to start my game, and the truth is that I do not use any of the probability calculators.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
moved to my current place 18mos. ago, STILL don't have my office set up the way I want it (no pics. on the walls & boxes aren't unpacked yet).
I've got some poker memorabilia I've acquired over the years and plan on hanging some of it on the walls, along with a tv, I should finish it off for a better atmosphere. Also have my Lifecycle bike, a few weights & a LazyBoy chair in there. I've got everything I'd ever want.
I just need to get better at poker now.

Attachments

• IMG_5269.JPG
    IMG_5269.JPG
    1,001.9 KB · Views: 23
R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a comfortable table with a large rug for the whole table, the lamp is always on to relieve unnecessary strain from the eyes. Monitor 24 inches on which you can open something besides poker.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
moved to my current place 18mos. ago, STILL don't have my office set up the way I want it (no pics. on the walls & boxes aren't unpacked yet).
I've got some poker memorabilia I've acquired over the years and plan on hanging some of it on the walls, along with a tv, I should finish it off for a better atmosphere. Also have my Lifecycle bike, a few weights & a LazyBoy chair in there. I've got everything I'd ever want.
Looks good Colin.

I play in my lounge room, I use the area from my knees to my groin that some people refer to as their lap to rest my laptop on, and that's about it. :five:

Hugs to the missus and you.

:bandit:

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

That's very serious!
Respect buddy.

I only have a simple old desktop computer, but let’s just say I’m dabbling good with it, too. :)

Good luck.

K

KPC16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My set up is in my living room I always keep the TV running in my background because I have to have some sort of sound. However, my poker schedule is off right now because I'm using freerolls to build my bankroll and they happen at all times. However, when I get some money flowing all my poker games will be at night.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a bit of a silly topic, but big for me because I play online games. I have my mouse chord raised up to reduce chord lagging, the reason I do not use a wireless mouse is that I am a huge fan of the Razr mouse and the razr mousepad, <---call it old habbits:) That and I do not always trust the response time with wireless mice (that and the last and least reason is I don't want to wonder about battery power..silly I know)

I think what I am getting at for this post is, mouse and mousepad. I could not imagine using a computer without a razr pad or an icemat with a mouse and I cannot stand mouse chord's physical pull/strain.

There are some inventions out there like the mousebungee, but I still just find raising the mouse chord to reduce lag works best for me.

Do you notice your mouse chord lagging? Or do you use wireless? Tell me about your setup:)

Again it is a silly topic...but if you are playing for hours and hours, it makes a big difference.

It is like when you ask why someone drives a lexus and only makes 50k a year and their response is "I sit in traffic for 2 hours a day back and forth, it is only bearable in a lexus" lol

8infinity8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do play on my mobile. My room is vast but, I prefer plain, less furniture as it opens up the room and gives a sense of free, open minded nature. I do watch television and play, mostly sports, sometimes movies. I lie down on my back 90% of the time. Rest I sit up and play. And the room will be dark anytime of the day as I hate light also. I do excercise(heavy) everyday just to keep the balance.

D

Donkmaster_Flex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My phone lol
When I went back to desktop after a while of playing on mobile the desktop itinterface just feels outdated