When playing online. Stacks - Real chip count vs BBs left

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing poker for years and a few things have changed in the game over the years or should I say the game has developed like most things in life. example before we use to always say raise, the terms 3 bet 4 bet didn't exist. it was raise re raise and so on. then it was "bet" instead of "raise" for the first one.

But anyways. recently online some players change their stack chip count to BBs left.

What do you guys prefer and why?

I believe it makes numbers in front of you easier to read but I preferably like the old way becasue I know exactly how many chips every player has in front of them. I also love numbers and math and seeing large amounts of numbers is more interesting than seeing for example 32 BB left. I would love to know what you folks think.

Last edited:
bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I like looking at the stack in the blinds.
I don't know why. it's easier for me to navigate.
but there is no such option in mobile Apps, and then only the chips remain.

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When I play on pokerstars I use a HUD and it displays every players BB amounts so no need to change, when I play on party poker where use of HUDs are now banned then I will change it to BB display except when I am forced to play on my ipad where this option has been removed for some reason.

W

winnie1993

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BB chips is definetely more comfortable, but real chips are good for understanding that it is deep stadium of the tournament. You can more concetrate in this table.

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m with you

I prefer chip count over BB. Just personal preference I guess.

Z

Stay Safe