When multi tabling

T

Tommyc9494

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone when multi tabling especially when your new to it should you play tighter than if you where only playing on one table and so on the more tables you add

H

hookmeout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am new but I won't go beyond 2 tables till I have good practice and confidence

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played as many as three tables at once (my personal limit) and I do my best not to change my style of play, which happens to be quite aggressive. It gets tough following what all the players are doing but you don't necessarily have to change anything up just because you're on multiple tables. While your approach should always be open to change (depending on where you are in the game), you should be able to play relatively consistently. If you're having trouble, try fewer tables, or just one. There's nothing wrong with that. :)

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes , I think you should tighten your game and I wouldn't start adding more tables until you are comfortable and profitable with 2 . It's hard , at least at first , to get a read on your opponents when playing too many tables .

T

Tommyc9494

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah it’s definitely more difficult playing on more than one table for the last couple of weeks I’ve been playing on 2 tables at a time. I tried 3 last night for the first time but I think it was a little much for me to handle I’m hoping to ideally get to about 4 tables at a time in the next couple of months

P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start with one table, when your comfortable add a second table.
So the easy math here is, comfortable + 1 table
When you are not comfortable while playing it means you have to many tables open

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to open at least four tables,so my game is only getting better .Time in end I, too, Bank)
At one table too much anxiety to play quietly, I want to go to the flop, put BB on a bad hand .

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play cash games it will take you less time to get used to multi tabling but it might always be challanging.
If you are a mtt player you first need to learn and understand how to play at every stage and when you have a hand to push or just fold (all turbos will get to this) so if you play 10 tables will be pretty easy since you will have only one decision to make on most of them.

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That depends, because if you're on cash games, i think you should concentrate on one table, and give all attention to it.
Now if you say that you're starting, and want to see how it goes with freerolls, 4 should do the fun (surely you'll finish fast with just one).

O

ocl07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not easy to say

I've started play multitabled when I'd some experience with SnG. At start I played 8 tables and in some situation max 10-11. It also depends on you speed decision making.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone when multi tabling especially when your new to it should you play tighter than if you where only playing on one table and so on the more tables you add

I don't play differently at all otherwise multi tabling wouldn't work. I just know what to look for when i'm playing more than one table. I don't have to be watching the game the whole time to know what's going on. If i have 3 tables open i'm watching the games, not watching tv. If i'm playing one table then i'm watching a movie at the same time. On final table i stop watching tv.