When do you prefer to play poker in the evening or in the morning? Alone or more?

kisjanik24

kisjanik24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion I prefer to play in the evening and alone because then there is calm and no woman bothers: D:icon_bigs:angel::angel::angel:

Ecolando

Ecolando

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The evening is the ONLY time I can ever play. I have a 18mo old baby and my family needs my presence and attention whenever I'm there to give it. So I end up looking forward to the late night every day when I can finally get back to my hobby lol

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the evening, women usually bother you.)And the game you choose is either poker or women.)Everything is in your hands!

stepper

stepper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer all day, bad i like play when play many people. Sure evning :)

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when i'm awake, currently at night.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer playing in the morning after a good nights sleep. It's a great way to start my day. When I play late at night I find it difficult to fall asleep and rest well.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play in the late afternoon and alone, I do not like to play in a noisy company, and especially in the morning, I still sleep at this time. And in the evening, my time passes more actively.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I like to play at night-nobody needs me,the silence is everywhere around me.

foldeamela

foldeamela

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always just prefer to be, day or night but fully concentrate without external

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree with everyone - evening play is preferred. Fewer distractions.

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
I prefer to play at night when everything is done and I can concentrate fully on the game. I prefer play alone, without any "advisers" and people distracting my focus.

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mostly in the evening, is more relaxed

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the time zone where you live..It's a late night for me

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play during the day, I'm not good at it: I very rarely reach the prize places! and in the evening and at night I almost always get a reward! I don't know what this is about! well, in general, I really want to play during the day, and sleep at night)) but it's not working yet))

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The time of day does not bother me really if i feel like i am tuned in and focused i will play anytime, personally i think you know when you are and are not ready for a game sometimes i sit down for a game and my head is not in it, usually does'nt go well

W

winnie1993

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like play in 3-4 hours after awake, because i have enough concentration in this moment and enough time. So, in the morning.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Evening would be the best time to play, since that's when the good tournaments are deep!

B

Bubi2934

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually prefer to play in the morning. Sometimes in the evening if i am still concentrated.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m not a morning person, so I prefer to play at night because is when I’m more awake and concentrated.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play during the day and in the evenings, alone, of course, because no one interferes with concentration.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the more times of the day i like to play in one tournament ... it means good usually.

Pawlowski

Pawlowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer in the evening and alone most of the time. It’s also fun to have someone else playing in same tournament.

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer morning with my girl for company

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer playing poker in the evening because there are more tournaments and I can choose which one to play.

Z

zzZeldaxx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost always play at night because I find that is when the best MTT tournaments tend to start.

I am also an unexpected virtual teacher during the day to my son due to the neverending curse that is Covid-19 so I really can't devote any time to poker until his school day is finished, which is usually around 2-3PM. That is fine with me because, as I mentioned earlier I have been playing mostly MTT tournaments, as well as some spin-n-gos and sit-n-go here and there. I have been considering getting back into cash tables and there was one night where I was multi-tabling with 2 cash tables, a tournament and a spin-n-go. I did pretty well at the cash tables and made it to the money in the tournament. As far as the spin-n-go, I'm pretty sure that was one of the times I got in trouble with AJ.

Honestly, everytime I see AJ now instead of getting any level of excitement at having a semidecent hand I tend to just get frustrated because I almost always find myself in a crappy position with it. Heads up against one person I will take AJ all day, you can only expect to get so lucky in that situation. I am talking about being dealt AJ suited and I am first to act in the beginning stages of a MTT. I usually do what I consider the normal thing most poker players would do and raise 3x the BB and that would be all well and fine if I didn't always seem to find myself getting reraised anytime I am the initial raiser with AJ. And to make matters worse, it's not just one person reraising me, the last time I experienced this I was reraised by one player and the player immediately after them reraised them all in and this was like the 10th hand of the tournament? Pretty sure blinds were still at level 1.

I know I can't expect to be playing with strictly professionals in a tournament that has a $1-$3 buy-in. I think I am just unfortunately unlucky when it comes to the hand AJ. Not saying I have never won with it because I know that I have, but out of the last 10 times I was dealt that hand there were 3 times when I was the initial raiser and all three times I was reraised.

If you are wondering what happened during the hand I was discussing where I was reraised twice.. after the one player re-raised all in and the action folded to me I thought about it for about 5 seconds and folded my hand in frustration. The other player let their time clock run for like 20 seconds and then called the all-in and this is all preflop in a tournament that basically just started. Half of me is assuming that one of them has to have something like KK or AA and the other has either AK or JJ. Well, I was right about one of them!

The player that reraised me initially had KK and the player that reraised them all in had A10 off. KK ending up winning the hand and I went on to hate AJ just a little bit more than I had before.

Does anyone actually like AJ (suited or unsuited)? I know that AK, AQ, AA and KK are obviously better hands but if there are people out there that like 10/2 or K9 somewhere out there there must be a person who favors AJ?