Whats your favorite opponents by country?

M

Mohamed reda bouzzroud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Russians, Ukrainians, Canadians. My least favourite are brazilians, they're more like bingo players... more luck than strategy.

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, thanks for the advice but I didn't ask.

I said up front, "in general terms".

It's not prejudice to observe a trend and report it, it's scientific.

And if you ignore science, you'll lose more chips than me.

That's my advice to you, that you didn't ask for, so I doubt its effectiveness.

At least I didn't label you with an insult while I was at it.

I did not insult you at any time. I am very interested in the scientific foundations of your assertions. "Germans are so-so. Some play decent but there are more fish than decent players." Could you share the statistics taken to draw this conclusion?

Prejudice is an opinion conceived before. If you see a German and think "it is probably a fish" or "probably a genius" you are making a preliminary judgment. That is a fact.

And this is a forum and I answer where I feel like it. If you don't like my answer, ignore it or counteract it.

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not insult you at any time. I am very interested in the scientific foundations of your assertions. "Germans are so-so. Some play decent but there are more fish than decent players." Could you share the statistics taken to draw this conclusion?

Prejudice is an opinion conceived before. If you see a German and think "it is probably a fish" or "probably a genius" you are making a preliminary judgment. That is a fact.

And this is a forum and I answer where I feel like it. If you don't like my answer, ignore it or counteract it.

Let me put it simply, the thread literally asked for my opinions regarding players by country, I offered them and your response did not contribute to the thread. You insinuated I am prejudiced and offered me advice that wasn't asked for. Your response was off-topic, strictly speaking.

"Prejudice is an opinion conceived before..." is a half finished definition. What you're referring to is an assumption. The full definition of prejudice is "An opinion conceived without reason or actual experience." Google it. Assumptions are okay, prejudice is not because that implies ignorance.

And to answer your questions about the scientific notions of me saying "germans are so-so". I was not stating an absolute truth to be revered as some holy book, I offered my personal experience and impressions to the OP, aggregated over 10 years of playing.

I don't mean to say ALL germans are so-so but I will use that template until the player's game "on the table" proves otherwise. This information helps me make faster decisions in the moment. If I ignore my hard-earned experience, what am I doing at all?

So, there's nothing to huff and puff about. Instead of arguing with my honest response in the thread, how about contributing to it? And uh... if you keep answering off-topic wherever you feel like it as though you own the forum, I'm sure the mods will have something to say about it eventually.

There are rules, you know.

Last edited:
S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favourite rivals in the tables came from Japan and Belgium

Why players from Japan and Belgium?

I can't really say that i have a favorite opponents by country, i used to have tho, because i believed that for example Russians and Chinese play loose until i got knocked out by them really brutal a couple of times in very important moments, i took them lightly but in fact they were good players so i decided to let go labels by country. We all pay for our prejudgments soon or later, poker is a game where we pay for real :D

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Russias. I like all-in players very much!

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let me put it simply, the thread literally asked for my opinions regarding players by country, I offered them and your response did not contribute to the thread. You insinuated I am prejudiced and offered me advice that wasn't asked for. Your response was off-topic, strictly speaking.

"Prejudice is an opinion conceived before..." is a half finished definition. What you're referring to is an assumption. The full definition of prejudice is "An opinion conceived without reason or actual experience." Google it. Assumptions are okay, prejudice is not because that implies ignorance.

And to answer your questions about the scientific notions of me saying "germans are so-so". I was not stating an absolute truth to be revered as some holy book, I offered my personal experience and impressions to the OP, aggregated over 10 years of playing.

I don't mean to say ALL germans are so-so but I will use that template until the player's game "on the table" proves otherwise. This information helps me make faster decisions in the moment. If I ignore my hard-earned experience, what am I doing at all?

So, there's nothing to huff and puff about. Instead of arguing with my honest response in the thread, how about contributing to it? And uh... if you keep answering off-topic wherever you feel like it as though you own the forum, I'm sure the mods will have something to say about it eventually.

There are rules, you know.

Report my answer if you think it was disrespectful, and that the moderators act accordingly.

Do you know what a "skewed sample" is? It means that your generalization relies on an irrelevant number to draw conclusions. If you see a player for the first time, you are ignorant about him. If you assume that he is more likely to play badly for the country he comes from, for his gender (there is a thread about it here in the forum), for his skin color or any other feature that is not directly related to poker you are prejudging. Keep doing it, I don't care. The pattern you read is that of nationality. But it does not mean that it exists beyond your head.

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Report my answer if you think it was disrespectful, and that the moderators act accordingly.

Do you know what a "skewed sample" is? It means that your generalization relies on an irrelevant number to draw conclusions. If you see a player for the first time, you are ignorant about him. If you assume that he is more likely to play badly for the country he comes from, for his gender (there is a thread about it here in the forum), for his skin color or any other feature that is not directly related to poker you are prejudging. Keep doing it, I don't care. The pattern you read is that of nationality. But it does not mean that it exists beyond your head.

Geez, relax.

I can explain in simple terms how I apply my experience. I observe the player's behavior towards me and the rest of the table. If it matches the trend I have observed from his country, then I have insight into what can be expected from this "specific" player in later hands.

But here's the most important thing... it's not all that I see my player as. I think that's what you feel I'm saying and it's understandable considering how we speak on the internet today... but that's not what I'm saying at all. There are many parameters to consider in an opponent and this is simply one.

If the player fits an average description after I've observed him/her for a while, then I know who I'm dealing with and I can pay more attention to the more dangerous players on the table.

That about sums it up.

kostas1234

kostas1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Russian they are very agresive in the game and beat them always haha

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I like to play with Canadian and UK players, they are not those kamikazes and play wisely.[/COLOR]​

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play with the Brazilians. They are good players. It is better to play with the strong and gain experience. I think this is the best poker country in terms of players.

facolete

facolete

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Russians, they are so impredictible! haha

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Russians!

It has to be Russians, there's nothing I like more than being bashed and bullied around the table. I have a recurring dream where a Russian is sitting on my left. My therapist tells me it is the fear of The Grim Reaper himself.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Romania and Ukraine. The style of play is extremely unpredictable. Sometimes I think it's stupid bots, and sometimes very good players. As a rule, if I run into inadequate all-in. In 4 out of 5 cases it is they

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opponents from Russia and England came for some reason against them not so much going :(

V

valts102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brazilians,becouse most of them plays very fishy.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favourite rivals in the tables came from Japan and Belgium

my favorite opponents are brazil, russia, japan, czech republic, belarus, north macedonia, honk kong, cyprus, malta, china ...

are personal things!

:stupido::stupido::stupido::stupido:

Nicolasd07

Nicolasd07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really do not have a favorite country to face, I like the Brazilian because I am from argentina but I do not pay attention to this.

D

DenGybka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I really like to play against players from Canada and the USA. I noticed that they play pretty cool, they don’t go all-in right away, they think through everything in detail and only then begin to act. I really like to play with players who are considering their actions and do not go all in right away.

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the moment my favorite opponents are from Russia, Thailand and China. But i only play on free, micro or low buy ins against they! its possible i include other countries on this field..[emoji6][emoji857]

O

osvimanCC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play against worse players than me... the country doesn't matter

:p

:9h4: :9s4: