What was your hobby before online poker became possible

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time, I would go out and play football or street hockey with buddies. We would watch movies, play video games and relax after sports.
Those were good times. Unfortunately, poker takes a lot of time, but it's still enjoyable.

My biggest error was believing that poker could be quickly learned and profitable. Be realistic about your future and remember that you will likely have a period of losses before you start to turn a profit as a player. You would do far better to pursue a career and play part time as an addition.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PlayStation, football, basketball, reading.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I was still a teenager and in high school at the time when the internet was spreading faster.
In the afternoons, my friends and I played soccer, I played computer (offline) games, and somehow time passed more slowly at that time. There was enough time for everything. Today's world has become too fast, the days just rush by.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I love to go fishing!!! My passion for poker has made some adjustments in my life but in general nothing has changed drastically !!!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Anyway, yeah. Seems an odd mix though, fishing into poker lol
I also did a fair bit of fishing prior to online poker. It would take me ~5min drive to get to my favorite spot on the river. Now at my new place, that same river is actually right in my backyard. I've been here for 3yrs. and have never even walked down the bank to the river. My son was visiting and was down there fishing every day.

It doesn't seem like an odd mix to me at all. Before I would go and try to get the fish... and now I stare at my computer and when I'm not getting the fish, I'm studying to learn how to be better at getting the fish! Same thing.

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is like very sad thread. Hobby before online poker? What da fuk? I still have my hobbies, it's not like I replaced them or something.
Grinding is like a job, when you have a job do you also resign from your hobbies?
Having that said I am disappointed in how much time one needs to spend on this to have some results, that's truth. And let me tell you, I tried various things, both in theory and in practice. Nit, lag, tag, lag, lap, nothing beats number of hands played correctly per hour.
If you are not playing large enough stakes and long enough hours, you are better at MacDonalds stand with an average per hour.
I drifted away a bit from the thread, sorry about that, this seemed like a good place for rant for future pro poker players.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Sports, football, skiing, cycling, swimming, running, martial arts, hiking, fishing, sculpting, chess and many more. You don't really have to give up anything, I had to because of a broken spine several times. You can reconcile many hobbies, limited only by time.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My free time I go in for sports: cycling, swimming, skiing.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before poker I spent a lot of time playing backgammon and billiards online, on the extinct yahoo games page, at present I really enjoy going to concerts and sporting events

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Before online I suppose it was Halo indoors and fishing outdoors. I had a buddy who'd play dominoes w/me. We tried playing poker a few times, but he would get mad because I, "Took it too serious!" LOL!!!

A

allfarewells

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My hobbies used to include music and going to the gym but I have always been a busy productive guy more or less anyway 👌🏻
Poker if anything has only ever added to my other hobbies simply because I have played most of my life,

Much love
Danny
🙏❤️

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Mostly sports, reading movies, other card games. But I still have these same hobbies, just that poker became an additional hobby and passion :)

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I used to play chess and online games ,,, but without money

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use to play basketball a lot, mountain climbing or hiking. Movie benching :)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
when there was no online poker, I played Dota 2 and worked there, sold accounts and made money, as well as played other games

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Collection movies, DVDs like criterion and such, now i just collect links in the cloud hehe

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to spend my free time reading, watching TV and playing volleyball.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello:)
My hobby in the past was "hard" video gamesand swimming.
Yes, I was so addicted to video games that I could play more than 12 hours a day, and I could finish the game no matter how difficult it was in 3 or 4 days at most, but now I don't know how I love poker much more than any other game. , and I think that the reason is that poker is unlimited in mastery, knowing that I used to love video games a lot as well, in general I no longer play except in the football game PES or FIFA with friends and family only from time to time

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My hobby was playing video games but my problem was I would start playing about 6pm and played to the early hours sometimes finishing at 7am :eek:

I always lost track of time. My other hobby was sketching or reading, I still read a lot but don't sketch that much now

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Before poker, I played football, in the morning at lunchtime and in the evening, but now I practically don’t do it, but now I play poker every day ...

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I really enjoy playing games online such as call of duty and I also really enjoy watching true crime on tv

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fishing and hiking (more rarely)

Last edited:
Mogulkahn

Mogulkahn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
ofc playing a video games, first was dendy, then i have a Sony Playstation(Teken 3, MK, Grand Turismo, Crash bash and also. And many more games on the computer.

Mogulkahn

Mogulkahn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My hobby was in the small carpentry shop I have at home, restoring old furniture, doing all the wood work and painting.
But after I had covid 19 I put this activity aside due to back pain.
Now my only hobbies are poker, video games and gossiping on Cardschat.:ROFLMAO:
I have my job on the railroad, but that doesn't take up much of my time.
Below are some photos of restorations I did before covid.:)

View attachment 318204
View attachment 318205View attachment 318207
Woooow dude its a very beautiful work! Did you do it this now ?