What is your biggest frustration in online poker?

Madalin Poke

Madalin Poke

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For me as a teacher i have a problem with discipline, and when it comes to poker I am referring specifically to the language and behavior of online poker players comrades.

Some of them like to be nasty in chat, especially when they are on tilt mode. It seems like hiding behind a computer makes them act in a way that they never would at a live table. Sometimes i try to make them understand that the fact is already consumed and that vulgar language doesn't bring their money or stack's back. Some other players get creative and try to tilt the offending player even more by talking back in the same way.

I think the best treatment against that is indifference but i can't lie to you for me is frustrating and it annoys me.

Wish y'all a good day! :)

Last edited:
Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't have a lot of frustration in poker, there's a reason why the worst defeats I have in poker were by my own mistake an example was on a straight line of a big tournament that could be my biggest achievement in poker more than 8 hours of tournament it was already six hours from the dawn I didn't hold back sleep and sleep, maybe one has never played live

“Success is the ability to go from defeat to defeat without losing your enthusiasm.”

alison

alison

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lost with your best hand to a straight for exemple on a river it happens to me almost all the time.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

M1n1GuN777

M1n1GuN777

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The only thing I don't like online is the possibility of late registration and the fact that you can't tip the dealer for a good deal.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When a donkey calls my raise and develops the nuts with his trash hand. Lately happened again. I hit my ace on the flop and he hit Q 5 there, so two pair. Lost a lot of chips to him. Something like that is really frustrating for me :rolleyes:

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In live poker, I like the atmosphere at the table, in online poker I like that you can play at any time and you don't have to leave the house for it. I like poker even though I rarely manage to win at the moment. Sometimes it's just my mistake that I lose and sometimes I've just been unlucky. Bad beats or people who beat my top pair with inferior hands are available in both live and online poker. It's been a while since I played live, but I remember that when I started playing live poker, I was told this or that would never happen in live poker and when I sat at the table it was exactly this or that that thing that happened at my table. It was too long ago to say what it was but it strengthened my faith in online poker. Certainly, there are people who try to cheat once in a while, but this can be found everywhere. I trust that poker sites like pokerstars will make sure that doesn't happen and they'll take action against it

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I found a new reason to be very frustrated with the game sometimes. Whenever I repeat certain mistakes and don't learn from them, I get particularly annoyed. Sometimes you have to take a few harder hits to realize it after all.:ninja::unsure:

apLike

apLike

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think the whole problem is tilt, sometimes I can lose control of myself, and then I start playing very greedily and aggressively. If you got caught at the same table with me, you would get rich :)

Axas90

Axas90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My Biggest Problem is the Internet Connection here. Sometimes its happend the Connection is lost for a few Minutes. Then i must Switch to Mobil Internet, thats the most times better then the Cable Internet here in germany.
Few years ago it was multiple Times a Day i lost the Connection's to the Servers. Now i have 2 Mobile Devices for Security.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Frustration is not a privilege of Poker, it is an attribute of all things, including love. Frustration is a condition, where things don't go the way we want, this happens in all disputes, as poker is a game, so there will be frustrated losers and even more rare to find, frustrated winners.

T

teofudulea

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There would be some kind of cheats i think it s one bad thing… in reality also but online it s more “safe”

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
My Biggest Problem is the Internet Connection here. Sometimes its happend the Connection is lost for a few Minutes. Then i must Switch to Mobil Internet, thats the most times better then the Cable Internet here in Germany.
Few years ago it was multiple Times a Day i lost the Connection's to the Servers. Now i have 2 Mobile Devices for Security.
Germany, the development country when it comes to internet. 🙃🥲

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad beats ? :) - It's obvious but nothing is more annoying.. I guess we could put coolers in there too.. waiting all game finally gets AK and runs Into AA/KK

F

Foxie12340

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:joyman: What do you think there is in online poker that you don't have in live poker?
When players don’t press “sit out” or they get disconnected it’s frustrating because it takes so long to pass by them.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Kamikaze players on the 😂 table who start treating the game like a lottery after losing a hand.

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:joyman: What do you think there is in online poker that you don't have in live poker
The only thing that i dont like its to know that some time ago the tournaments schedule for micro players on PS were way better than today.

zamana80

zamana80

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
1) Too much players in tournaments and it takes so long...
2) Slow players who always late and cant press "sit out" button
3) When my opponent always have something on a river and me is never!

Nokaut men 1997

Nokaut men 1997

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
My biggest frustration and the biggest difference between online poker and live poker is the software that manages online poker. Sometimes the outcome of a hand is so predictable that a player’s abilities fall into the background.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the worst for me is tournament play : when I am so close and then disaster strikes.So many hours invested in and nothing to show for

lucayam

lucayam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think you take bad beats more often in online poker.
Maybe its just me? HAHA

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It frustrates me always making the same mistakes and not correcting them knowing what I'm doing wrong, but it also frustrates me that when I do things right everything goes wrong, I'm just at a time when it doesn't matter that I also play I always end up losing in ways Incredible, I already have a while like this and it is frustrating not being able to get out of there, much less knowing how long it will last

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wow this is what I am frustrated with right now. I almost want to just not play online anymore.

I really think these games either are or can be manipulated. I have had so many hands that dominate (like AAA, KKK) and villan calls with those massive gapped, not suited, and nothing in their favor on the flop. Then they draw out a full house or straight. It actually feels like they can see all cards involved or they can manipulate the outcome.

I know variance has its place too, but not every game for 30 or 40 3 person sit and goes.

I have been against a particular player on Betonline that not only wins every game they are in, they draw two pair out of the turn and river every time. It is completely predictable.

At first I thought I was making my own mistakes. I now believe this player is either a bot or helped every time.

I did learn a ton about patients and being very tight. I learned to not chase anything. I became a much better player for it, but it just isn't right for this to happen with real cash.

I have to admit that I have been know to throw my phone a time or two. That was a great lesson to have learned and costs more than the loss in the game. [emoji2]
I agree with you and as far as throwing your phone, I myself in the passed, have punched my computer screen and cracked it.
But today after playing 190 millions in play money I do believe it's programmed that way.

Timmah120

Timmah120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like the limited amount of time they give you to make a decision. Seeing that timer tick down just causes anxiety. I understand that online poker is faster-paced than live, but I wish they'd just cool it with the clock a bit.