What would a true random number generator look like?

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If one was created, not saying one isn't but...what would it do, how would it function?

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard on the radio an interview with a programmer. he made a program for a radio station to play songs at random.
they complained to him that sometimes songs by one author got in a row.
As a result, the program was redesigned to "look like random"

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard on the radio an interview with a programmer. he made a program for a radio station to play songs at random.
they complained to him that sometimes songs by one author got in a row.
As a result, the program was redesigned to "look like random"

Kinda like quads against a flush and/or a full house? or set over set by same person 'again' lol?

J

JimTheBadger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would function like all the RNGs being used right now lol

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The closest thing I've seen to RNG in poker is when streamers make a play like, "I should call this thirty percent of the time." Then, they roll a 1-100 on google and if its sub-30 they play it. Don't know how they make that determination though.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just find it curious, if these sites are only interested in rake, shouldn't they be fully upfront about how their online RNG system works? Is it really a secret if it is fair?

We are spending our hard earned money to play games, shouldn't there be a full explanation of how the system works (meaning how they are truly random) ?

Last edited:
B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would look like "cheat on line" went out of business. It would be simple for these sites to post their weekly "went to showdown" stats with the starting pair vs starting pair breakdown.
It's only fishy people who think cheat on line is random.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The owls are not what they seem.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the 'true' random generator would base on the reads from the sensor recording some event that occurs in the nature.
The outdoor temperature, amount of sun or wind are random, but of course for poker games you need to find more complex event, a physical or chemical process you can easy read and change to the digital number.