What are the silliest things you have seen on chat in poker?

T

texasfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, so I am on BB and the player UTG limps in. I am holding 72o so I am thinking: "here we go... some time wasting. Well at least I get a free flop!"

Flop comes 77J... so with a chuckle I just start betting presuming that I will probably win the pot at this rate. A and 4 go down and the showdown comes. Turns out he had 79. We share the pot because AJ are on the table already.

This player who was playing 50% of his hands who limped in almost every hand he played starts berating me for playing 72o! "Donk this, donk that... blah blah blah."

I am like: dude you gave me a free flop because you limped in! I checked of course. You are playing 50% of your hands and limping in UTG with 97...

He then starts going on about him winning the pot because of the 2 kicker...

DUDE... we shared the pot... an A and J were on the table so the 2 is irrelevant.

Oh dear. I generally do not use chat but this was just funny :)

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's silly, he probably was just having a fun time. :)

I've had a lot of funny chats with people.

Maybe favorite is when (it's happened more than once) somebody will chat right before going allin something like, "Thanks Donk" and then I call and bust them.

I've also seen in the chat, "I'm going allin every hand." And they did...until they couldn't anymore. :)

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly I never saw anything about the chat, because my focus is 100% on the tables, I already leave the chat closed so I don't have to be reading nonsense that players are talking about, and this has kept me very aware of what happens at all tables.

Drumsound

Drumsound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was the guy who wished cancer on me after I bet the exact amount he had in his stack...

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The most idiot thing someone can write is "Thank you" after to win a hand, pretty worse after a bad beat.

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Probably the silliest thing for me is when a CardsChat member decides to abuse another after a bad beat.

T

texasfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's silly, he probably was just having a fun time. :)

I've had a lot of funny chats with people.

Maybe favorite is when (it's happened more than once) somebody will chat right before going allin something like, "Thanks Donk" and then I call and bust them.

I've also seen in the chat, "I'm going allin every hand." And they did...until they couldn't anymore. :)

Not sure if he was having a fun time - he was very abusive and carried on. I just highlighted his main comments. Long string of abuse. I think if going all-in, it is best to stay off chat.

Honestly I never saw anything about the chat, because my focus is 100% on the tables, I already leave the chat closed so I don't have to be reading nonsense that players are talking about, and this has kept me very aware of what happens at all tables.

I was multi-tabling so it was kind of difficult. I usually have no interest in chat.

There was the guy who wished cancer on me after I bet the exact amount he had in his stack...

That is some major tilt.

The most idiot thing someone can write is "Thank you" after to win a hand, pretty worse after a bad beat.

Not nice. I think I see comments like that. I take it as an indication that they don't win much.

Probably the silliest thing for me is when a CardsChat member decides to abuse another after a bad beat.

Not sure if you meant me. I think it was more of a bad beat for me because already 3 7s were known. Chance of him having the other seemed quite remote.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I remember once in an mtt, a player lost his chips in a hand and being out of the tournament he started insulting and cursing the site. The funniest is that he was continuing this for a long time after he got out of the mtt, for about 10 minutes!!:boring::boring:

T

texasfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember once in an mtt, a player lost his chips in a hand and being out of the tournament he started insulting and cursing the site. The funniest is that he was continuing this for a long time after he got out of the mtt, for about 10 minutes!!:boring::boring:

It is major tilt I guess. Some people just don't let it lie. :eek:

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not sure if you meant me. I think it was more of a bad beat for me because already 3 7s were known. Chance of him having the other seemed quite remote.

No I wasn't talking about you at all, just talking generally :)

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw many strange chatings, most of all it's bad and even horrible wishes, but sometimes someone write something like this "I have 5 7" and goes all in with A A and somebody call and beat them

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

I guess silliest thing which i've seen (in cc events) is when someone says words like that in chat without even directly referring to anyone and then there are still people who think it was about them. Overreacting as it's finest :damnmate:

T

texasfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw many strange chatings, most of all it's bad and even horrible wishes, but sometimes someone write something like this "I have 5 7" and goes all in with A A and somebody call and beat them

Yes, it does seem to be quite toxic most of the time. I do see the odd "nice hand" though.

S

smulkku123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing 2 tables at once, getting dealt QQ on both of them at the same time, ended up being vs KK on other table and vs AA on the other. Neither table cards had A, K or Q so both went to showdown and let me wondering what are the odds for that.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Playing 2 tables at once, getting dealt QQ on both of them at the same time, ended up being vs KK on other table and vs AA on the other. Neither table cards had A, K or Q so both went to showdown and let me wondering what are the odds for that.
Ooh that's rough...I feel for you, I had a similar experience yesterday. Really rough. Then last night I flopped a flush...I had the K and bet vigorously to get rid of draws...and of course (of course) villian had the ace. Stacked again.After that I thought It's just not my day so I made a nice mug of coffee laced with Amarula Cream (delicious!!!) and went to bed.