What laptop do you use for playing poker

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What system and software to use?

Hello. I will be in the market for a desktop or laptop computer, monitor and software to be able to run up to 9 tables at once. Can you folks give me some suggestions. Thank you!
Dan'O

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Will you only play at home? How often do you plan to update your system? how many rooms do you plan to play at the same time and will you use trackers? how much money are you willing to spend? think about these questions

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Will you only play at home? How often do you plan to update your system? how many rooms do you plan to play at the same time and will you use trackers? how much money are you willing to spend? think about these questions

Hello. Great questions. I will play at home. I will update the system every two years. I plan to play a minimum of four and up to (having the ability to) 9 tables. I am not familiar with trackers. This is a beginning for me with this plan. Your choice? I am uncertain with the cost and I know this setup is not going to be cheap. What minimum cost do you think is necessary? Thank you for your incite. I am looking forward to your answers. I appreciate any help. Happy New Year!
Dan'O

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Probably, I would look more at a stationary computer. It is easier to upgrade and is usually cheaper than a laptop with the same specifications.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you are thinking about multiple monitors, then you need a graphics card that will support it. Two screens should be fine for eight games (four each). You can use "Extend Display" from "Display Settings." If you want more monitors, expect to spend $500 on a graphics card like AMD's Eyefinity.

Even using a single monitor, a graphics card is probably the most important part of your computer. Don't get the cheap one. Spend at least $100 on a good graphics card, and make sure it can easily support two screens.

I assume you will be running a HUD while playing. If so, you'll want a good processor and decent memory. You don't need gaming speed, but a better speed will mean longer before you need to upgrade. Solid state hard drives are nice.

I think any good (upgradable) desktop with two monitors will work fine. The problem with laptops is their limits on upgrades. Even the best computer could be outdated in five years. A desktop allows you to easily upgrade or replace parts.

And again, graphics card is probably the most important upgrade.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with thehangdude. I personally play from a laptop, and for me this is completely fine. But it does cap you at 4-6 tables at most. For serious multitabling you need a 2 monitor setup and the graphics power to run it.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What laptop or computer do you use for playing?

Vlaad

Vlaad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I currently use a 9 year old HP ProBook 4540s. But I already ordered a new desktop PC, since my laptop struggles even with the simplest tasks [emoji23]

P

Poeffy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga. But more important is your internet connection.

P

PEGAMEUALLIN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
use a very good 22 inch lg screen

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I chose the nickname of the god of fun, because I myself am funny. My nickname is Bahus. Best regards, Sergei

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have an old HP 15 inch screen that is barley running W10. Had it for years and it keeps chuggin along.

CowboyStomp

CowboyStomp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to only run Windows on a virtual machine on my Mac but now some places don't let you run if you are on a VM.

So I bought a used HP EliteDesk Mini on EBAY for $130 with 8GB ram and 500GB SSD and output for three monitors for a dedicated poker machine.

It was cheaper than replacing my Windows poker tools I bought.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"DeucesCracked"
Quite often, when playing poker for the first time, many beginners turn to special books that help develop their playing skills. However, these instructions can only help to understand the essence of the game, and in real life it is impossible to connect all theoretical knowledge with practice.
With the second poker software, the game can be linked to the actual acquired knowledge. This App has a desktop version. The site contains a huge amount of supporting materials created by the best players. They made a base of training videos, in which all poker questions and moves are described. Attention is also paid to short games in which you can see all the subtleties of the game and understand some of the nuances.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
in particular I do not use any aid system and I think it should be eliminated its use in all rooms that would be equal and there would be no advantage

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My brain! Not sure an outside system will help my game

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
min ram: 8gb, preferably 16gb
use a SSD hard drive, HDD are pure garbage.

i couldn't give you a good advice about graphics.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't play on laptop, I play on desktop PC.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Similar thread(s) already exist btw ...

However i still use cheap used laptop haha although not as often as my tablet ...

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
laptop

Currently using a older HP with a Intel 15 core . works well and is fast enough to have multiple sites open at the same time.

GL All ! :D

PC91

PC91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use 2 laptops. 1 old ASUS laptop, which is still doing very well. And 1 new HP Omen gaming laptop, which is also perfect for playing poker. Both computers have an i7 processor, 1 of the 3rd generation and the other of the 10th.

funkymoney

funkymoney

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i am using an hp with i5 processor. i am thinking on updating to a new one for faster play and no blackouts in between plays.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use very old Asus ROG G750JX. It is almost 8 years old but due to the core i7 cpu, nvidia gtx 770M and 16 GB of RAM it is still working good to play and support HUD. It is not good enough to run gto solvers though so i plan to switch to desktop this year.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you need to make a huge investment. I play with a Lenovo G70 w an Intel CORE I5- which was good in it's day, but it is now 5 years old. I can still multi-table with multiple poker clients open. really do not have many problems. I will say that pokerstars new (er) graphics update makes my machine work hard and raises the temperature but no problems so far. EDIT: I use 2 monitors also. and the built-in graphics handles that fine .