What Kind of Laptop Do You Use For Poker?

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.I use a Gateway laptop.It works well.

K

killosaby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m using a ASUS laptop and a iMac. Most poker software I have found favors PC. This being said the go to poker computer is the ASUS.

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a big fan of the newer Lenovo's. I play on the S340 and can't complain at all. The response time and features are nice enough for being a slim notebook and holding the proper amount of power to still accomplish things that I would like to do on a desktop with little sacrifice.

F

firefist23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actully play on my phone, I used to play on my PC, but since I just move out into another city and left my PC in my old house. I'm not really sure when I'll be able to get it back.

But for now, my phone will do.
But you can't play more than one game on your phone right. And on 888 poker, you can't play any omaha game on your phone which sucks. I am olaying on an obolete gaming pc. As i like playing multiple games at one time.

qb93

qb93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone, I just want to know, what kind of laptop you use for online poker?
I guess it dont matter what laptop you use. As long as it can support you program.
I use a Dell Laptop, a Lenova Tablet and my iphone.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But you can't play more than one game on your phone right. And on 888 poker, you can't play any omaha game on your phone which sucks. I am olaying on an obolete gaming pc. As i like playing multiple games at one time.

Actually you can play more than one game at a time, at least you can do so in poker stars, but it depends if you have "Aurora Graphics" disabled, which is enabled by default... and it sucks... You can change such setting by "Settings & Tools" then go to Table Setings and then disable Aurora Graphics. I think the maximum amounts of games you can play at a time is 4 tables, but I think that should be enough.

I finally got a Dell Laptop, but I honestly find myself playing more on my phone 95% of the time.

As far as not being able to play Omaha, which is my favorite gametype, then it sucks.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I am using a mini HP having lost a better laptop. Experiencing a lot of resolution problems with poker sites, especially ACR, BCP and Bwin. Cannot run Stars new version because my Graphics Card isn't compatible with Aurora Graphics Adapter, but the regular version works fine. I'll invest some money as soon as I win one of those freerolls lol.

M

MissPrissBL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I sent the old laptop to retire and this year took himself Lenovo IdeaPad S145
Laptops are very pleased, very fast, is included in 10 seconds, I specifically took it on the SSD, so the speed was higher)

A

amniasti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

hi now im playin from my pc becose all time i play from my llaptop but is broken and im tired in pc i want just from llaptop to play,but i will buy new now my first winning tournement hehhe.bye:bath:

F

firefist23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually you can play more than one game at a time, at least you can do so in Poker Stars, but it depends if you have "Aurora Graphics" disabled, which is enabled by default... and it sucks... You can change such setting by "Settings & Tools" then go to Table Setings and then disable Aurora Graphics. I think the maximum amounts of games you can play at a time is 4 tables, but I think that should be enough.

I finally got a Dell Laptop, but I honestly find myself playing more on my phone 95% of the time.

As far as not being able to play Omaha, which is my favorite gametype, then it sucks.
I know i play omaha too as i like it better than holdem even on live poker. I can play it on party poker on my phone but on 888 Poker where i play more i can't play multiple game and omaha on my phone. Is pokerstar a good site.

P

paulyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the minimum processor one needs these days at least to play 12 tables or more with holdem manager running? Are there people here who use an i3 processor laptop from a while back and it still works good? Of course if you play few tables, that should be not an issue.

P

PokerZone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
8 month old advice now, but detailed and v. useful still!

I googled laptop for online poker and CardsChat's forum came up with great feedback from members that is not too complex, (unlike Reddit where they want you buy used on eBay and swap out for SSD storage from DDR 🙃, which save some bucks but cost more time).

Your feedback is a few notches above, so I liked your post. Tyvm for making a truly helpful post. 👍🙂
From the sounds of it, it must be from a number of years ago because today a $1,000 laptop from Dell will get you a freakin' beast (wayyyyy more than what a person would need for online poker). For less than $1,000 on Dell you can get a laptop with an i5 CPU, 8GB Ram, 512 GB SSD... or possibly an i7 CPU as well.

I'm looking at Dell site now... & for Canadian dollars you can get a 15in. laptop with i7 processor,8GB Ram, 1 TB hard drive for $700 (or i5 with 512GB SSD & 8GB Ram for $700).

A 15in. with i3 processor & 4GB Ram would easily do the job for online poker which you can buy for $450 (fwiw, I'm using something far worse than this & can play 20tables with it... although I do run into LAG problems when running PT4 & multiple sites)

I was considering picking up a 13in. Dell Laptop during boxing day sales for ~$800 & it was an absolute beast!

OP, you really don't need much for online poker.

B_D_Cout

B_D_Cout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use an apple ipad with Bluetooth keyboard. I find it gives the best of both being able to have the touch screen but also be able to input a raise using the keyboard. Also using some poker Apps are easier than some websites. Hopefully this will result in some upcoming money placements.

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I use a laptop until I buy an all one to play several tournaments at the same time because the laptop is only a few inches:D

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I googled laptop for online poker and CardsChat's forum came up with great feedback from members that is not too complex, (unlike Reddit where they want you buy used on eBay and swap out for SSD storage from DDR 🙃, which save some bucks but cost more time).

Your feedback is a few notches above, so I liked your post. Tyvm for making a truly helpful post. 👍🙂

Hey you're very welcome! Glad I could be of some assistance.

8mos. later I can add some info. to it for you...

I'm currently using a desktop computer that I put together from parts I'd purchased 5yrs. ago.
CPU: i54670
mobo: ASUS H87M-PRO LGA1150
RAM: 8GB 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 1600 PC3 12800
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB
HD : WesternDigital Black 500gb
PSU: Seasonic SSR-450RM 450W

I run 2x Dell 24in. Ultrasharp monitors from this (no additional vid. card in puter) 1920x1080

I use this for poker & web browsing, etc. I'm able to run 6 different sites at a time, 18+ tables & PT4 and it is fast. I never have a single issue. In fact it's major overkill imo.

It exceeds my current needs but next year I might add a GPU, 8GB Ram to go with 3 monitors running at higher resolution (including a 32in.). < This is 'the plan'... but won't be bothering unless I start playing more poker & can justify it to myself. (also have another desktop w i7 & 3x 250gb SSD's, 16GB Ram but this is for photo editing... and NO poker, lol)

O

over_big

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am currently using a Dell Inspiron 17 7000 Series that is a few years old with one extra screen.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Hello everyone, I just want to know, what kind of laptop you use for online poker?

The kind of laptop that lags many times , making me angry especially poker games, or when I want to run a poker App , or to get the password from CC on time before the freeroll starts ...
I had a tablet that was lagging in the past , couldn't stand this lagging and I smashed it one day with my hand on a table , bad decision , it had a powder in a plastic container which was ripped , then this powder burst into flames when it got in contact with the air , the table burned badly on this spot . I just imagine sometimes what would happen to my hand if some of this powder had fallen on my palm or the rest of my hand ....
Now this laptop makes me the same angry and sad , I won't smash it this time , no , I will simply throw it to the bottom of the sea one of these days ..... Most games I played on this laptop were ''fishy'' anyway :hahaha:

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
A refurbished $150 Lenovo Thinkpad T420, it's old but still works well, i7 8gig 1TB SSD that I installed a couple of years ago.

I am looking at upgrading soon to a Lenovo Legion with a 9th or possibly 10th Gen i7 16gig RAM with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 GPU.

It's overkill just for poker, I'll be using it for other things also.

:top:

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time I play on my desktop pc, at work. And at home with a Lenovo bought last year. But at work I always have a better connection ...:cool::cool:

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only used a laptop (ASUS) in the past, now I use a PC or it uses me.:pcguru:

:D:D:D

S

Sooted7s

Rock Star