What Kind of Laptop Do You Use For Poker?

MrFladder

MrFladder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly use my MacBook Pro.
But lately i did setup a Windows VM in Azure to try drivehud :rolleyes:

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My Asus i7 skylake is doing very good job at poker

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use a 8 year old hp got it used can't afford a new one being retired. Works find for me only play poker on it.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use my 6 year old dell laptop.
I only use this laptop for poker, checking CC and checking my mails.
Other things I do on the desktop.

M

mainecun

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lol. I use a under $1000 cheap dell laptop. works well too surprisingly. But I don't recommend it if you want quick internet for other uses of your laptop.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey

I use a Lenovo when I play poker.

AndreyMav78

AndreyMav78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use MSI GS63VR With an external monitor connected

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I use a core I5 that is good for me since it has 8 gigs of ram that is the important thing to play in more than 4 tables or tournaments

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Touch screen is really nice. Only complaint with the laptop is it's difficult to multitable.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm using Macbook Air, its perfect for poker. it has small size and very lightweight

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lenovo, meets all my needs

S

Seregapepel3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont even use laptop:bandit:

L

luskata27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Acer Aspire 7 (A715-72G)

Acer Aspire 7 (A715-72G)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hello everyone, I just want to know, what kind of laptop you use for online poker?

lol. I use a under $1000 cheap dell laptop. works well too surprisingly. But I don't recommend it if you want quick internet for other uses of your laptop.

From the sounds of it, it must be from a number of years ago because today a $1,000 laptop from Dell will get you a freakin' beast (wayyyyy more than what a person would need for online poker). For less than $1,000 on Dell you can get a laptop with an i5 CPU, 8GB Ram, 512 GB SSD... or possibly an i7 CPU as well.

I'm looking at Dell site now... & for Canadian dollars you can get a 15in. laptop with i7 processor,8GB Ram, 1 TB hard drive for $700 (or i5 with 512GB SSD & 8GB Ram for $700).

A 15in. with i3 processor & 4GB Ram would easily do the job for online poker which you can buy for $450 (fwiw, I'm using something far worse than this & can play 20tables with it... although I do run into LAG problems when running PT4 & multiple sites)

I was considering picking up a 13in. Dell Laptop during boxing day sales for ~$800 & it was an absolute beast!

OP, you really don't need much for online poker.

O

olonare1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i have both a lenovo and a HP both seem to run the poker sites very smoothly with next to no glitches.

I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i have a acer laptop works fine for me

T

TheChosenDragon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pc specs for poker aren't that high.
I use a self build gaming PC, but that was because I played some other games like Battlefield and Counterstrike.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What difference does it make what type of laptop you use to play online poker ???? As long as you can log in and see the cards …. who cares ? MOST IMPORTANT is that you get the wining cards .

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone, I just want to know, what kind of laptop you use for online poker?
depends on where I am, my main setup is Lenovo quad-core 8gb ram dual video + dual 24" screens, sometimes switch one of the screens to TV. Second setup is Toshiba dual core 4gb + 22" screen and 3rd setup is in the garage, where I'm using Dell dual core 4gb + 19"

I use a powerful HP model. Though I do it thru a fifty inch screen television. I could not imagine trying to do it on a telephone ( ruin my eyes )
I feel you!:call2: I use smartphone only for some Apps, lime Smart Tools and other apps for electronics. Regular cell phones for calls, and no BS like whatsapp and social stuff. Don't like to watch/play or draw anything even on a tablet, screen is too small.

i use an Alienware 17 laptop, It has the power of a desktop computer
Alienware was, is and will always be awesome, their laptops always have nice configuration. One of the design companies that I know has switched from Apple to Alienware several years ago and they're happy about it. Personally I'm too greedy to overpay for the brand.

From the sounds of it, it must be from a number of years ago because today a $1,000 laptop from Dell will get you a freakin' beast (wayyyyy more than what a person would need for online poker). For less than $1,000 on Dell you can get a laptop with an i5 CPU, 8GB Ram, 512 GB SSD... or possibly an i7 CPU as well.

I'm looking at Dell site now... & for Canadian dollars you can get a 15in. laptop with i7 processor,8GB Ram, 1 TB hard drive for $700 (or i5 with 512GB SSD & 8GB Ram for $700).

A 15in. with i3 processor & 4GB Ram would easily do the job for online poker which you can buy for $450 (fwiw, I'm using something far worse than this & can play 20tables with it... although I do run into LAG problems when running PT4 & multiple sites)

I was considering picking up a 13in. Dell Laptop during boxing day sales for ~$800 & it was an absolute beast!

OP, you really don't need much for online poker.
Dell is always a good choice. Many new and used laptops have passed through my hands during past 20 years, 50+ laptops. And the most reliable among affordable brands are Toshiba/Dell/HP/Sony. All 4 brands are equal.
The freakin beast?? - I need one! and will buy one as soon as it will cost under $1500. It's hard to play poker together with couple more resource hungry programs running like 3d CAD/CAM software. I'll be happy with a machine with such specs from Dell/Sony/Lonovo, but not MSI
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XJ65XDX/ref=psdc_13896615011_t5_B07WLTLDKN
but instead of 1TB SSD I could use no SSD at all or 128gb and 64gb RAM instead, and price around $1400 incl. shipping. I think it'll be a nice setup for any type of activity if small 4K screen of the laptop will be paired to large 4K screen of TV. With 4K resolution I believe that it's possible to fit and clearly see 12 poker tables in 1 row and have 4 rows at 1 single screen :D :pcguru:

i have a acer laptop works fine for me
You're very lucky, bought 1 new and 2 used acer laptops in the past, all 3 of them worked with glitches, and I've only used them to run router machine, they've been x3 times more powerful than required but worked like garbage. I don't know a single person who had Acer without glitches or problems.

What difference does it make what type of laptop you use to play online poker ???? As long as you can log in and see the cards …. who cares ? MOST IMPORTANT is that you get the wining cards .
sure, but that's in case if you're using your laptop for poker only.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're buying a new laptop I would try and get more than 4GB of RAM. I bought an HP i5 with W10 and the first thing I had to do was buy more RAM because it was so sluggish. I have since added a SSD and it's really zippy now.

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Bought an Acer Aspire 5 HD, i5, ssd and hd, MX150 g card - nice mid priced machine that can play most older games. Bought 16 months back or so.

I used to like Acer - but will now not touch their products ever again. Bought online, so didn't feel it - but the main problem is the screen - terribly designed, the thing just bends when opening and closing - which I now try not do. Move the screen just slightly now, and the laptop shuts down. Gets way to hot as well. Screen is splitting on the sides, have had to tape it.

Acer not interested as I reported it 13 months after buying. Just junk. Will be buying a 2nd hand gamer desktop when I get to the UK. Get two decent sized screens

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend above all ASUS laptops, which are the most trouble-free. I think a poker laptop should have the minimum parameters:

4 GB DDR4 RAM,
4 x 2 GHz quad-core processor
512 GB SSD
Windows 10 operating system
Graphics Card:
Intel: HD 4000 or better
AMD: Radeon HD 6000 or better
Nvidia: GeForce 500 or better

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
How taxing can these poker sites be? Think any computer can run them.

More interested in screen space - maybe a dual monitor set - and if buying a laptop HD is nice - you can then have 4 tables open on a decent size.
Secondly is a reliable internet connection - have a pretty slow 4mb download which is more than capable, problem is upload - 0.3mb!

If my wife uploads any pics or files the internet just dies on me.