What kind of chair do you use when you play online poker?

E

EvandroGatti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello folks!
What kind of chair do you use?
I have a very annoying back and arm pain wich I am treating, but the long hours are not helping specially because my chair is not right.
Those gamer chair are good?
What you think?

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play lying on the couch, it’s very comfortable and not as tired as in a sitting position

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have amazon in your country and can afford a gaming chair, you will never look back.
If not, you can go for a comfortable office chair, I'm using one now.

Last edited:
A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have had back issues for years and I tried a bunch of chairs at Staples over the years most I bought were uncomfortable within a few days of sitting all day. In December I got a a new chair tried all the gaming chairs they had but none were helpful to me. I settled on this (though I got it at Staples). And it's been great going on 3 months.

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detai...45GEY53TV78rW4gs1JcKBKbVt_2X6ARRoCNT0QAvD_BwE

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have had back issues for years and I tried a bunch of chairs at Staples over the years most I bought were uncomfortable within a few days of sitting all day. In December I got a a new chair tried all the gaming chairs they had but none were helpful to me. I settled on this (though I got it at Staples). And it's been great going on 3 months.

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detai...45GEY53TV78rW4gs1JcKBKbVt_2X6ARRoCNT0QAvD_BwE
In case that link doesn't work for you it's beautyrest executive chair.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never found a chair that would fix back issues, and I've used lots of moderately expensive office chairs over the years. Your best bet is to figure out which exercises help your back and focus on those (if you can).

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I play only in horixontal position. Chairs and long poker tournaments are not a couple.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never thought about it much, any chair at a poker table has always been comfortable. My home chair is my office chair so it very comfortable. If you are playing for a long period I can see where it would be important.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello folks!
I have a very annoying back and arm pain wich I am treating, but the long hours are not helping specially because my chair is not right.
What you think?

If your back and arm pain are the result of spending too much time in front of the computer, the answer is not buying a better chair. Just replace internet poker with fishing, still entertaining but much better for your body and your wallet.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
chair of my dream

652b12e6ac9484752f12661065663f40.png

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also play in an uncomfortable chair, sometimes when I go forward in a tournament my back hurts and I have to lie on the floor for a while to stretch haha, but I think a chair not as comfortable as a bastard sofa, I think a chair too comfortable would make you sleepy and it would be harder to play :D

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
chair of my dream
I think it is anyone's dream, it is beautiful, have you known about a chair like this but it also brings to put your computer in front and so do not get tired?

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm changing positions if I'm playing very long, sitting, lying even walking. I dont' t think that there is a chair which will be good for 9 hours tournament for exaple. It can be better than others, but you still need to change positionios after an hour or two

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The secretlab omega chair has been pretty comfortable.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello folks!
What you think?

anything from Herman Miller is a great investment

they are not cheap, but they last forever, and your spine will thank you for it.

Here's a vid I did when I was dealing with the same challenge of playing on the road

And here's a vid where I talk about the importance of making those investments!

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Forgot to mention as well, stand up desks are super helpful. Can sit 2 hours then stand for 1, etc.

My old buddy Greg Merson went so far as to have a treadmill desk so he could get his cardio in for the first 45 mins of his session before he sat down for the rest of it.

That's a little excessive though unless you're putting in 6+ hour days everyday.

A good walk before, after, and stretching in between can do a long way!

E

EvandroGatti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your back and arm pain are the result of spending too much time in front of the computer, the answer is not buying a better chair. Just replace internet poker with fishing, still entertaining but much better for your body and your wallet.
It is not.
I had an accident while ago.
But fishing really is a good idea!!
tks

E

EvandroGatti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Forgot to mention as well, stand up desks are super helpful. Can sit 2 hours then stand for 1, etc.

My old buddy Greg Merson went so far as to have a treadmill desk so he could get his cardio in for the first 45 mins of his session before he sat down for the rest of it.

That's a little excessive though unless you're putting in 6+ hour days everyday.

A good walk before, after, and stretching in between can do a long way!

Alsome idea this stand up desk. I just played a SNG standing.
TY
PS. I liked your vids today!

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I currently have a Secret Lab chair. Pretty comfortable, lots of adjustable features. Had it about a year and a half so far. Also have had some surprisingly comfortable chairs from both Staples and Ikea.

E

EvandroGatti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ty everyone.
I will find something that suits me!
For now, couch, standing, change positions, pain killers...

"May the river be with y'all!

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get quite a lot of pain in my back and has been this way consistently for many years. My go to is to change the way that I am either sitting (posture) and better yet to lay down while playing or find a comfortable position. Whether sprawled out on the sofa or kicking back against one on the floor, whatever works for you - stick with it. I find that when I am comfortable, my ability in poker is increased. This also goes for being dehydrated, sleep deprived, and even the need for using the rest room. We are all different just like how chairs are. If you find yourself in pain regardless of the chair, try a heating pad and especially some stretching exercises to loosen up some tension.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I use a quality ergonomic office chair. But in any case, in addition to a high-quality chair, you should also regularly do a physical warm-up, at least 10 minutes, every two hours.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, you are right. The right chair can remain your bones younger. It can be frustrating being in an unpleasant position for hours. I would also mention that try to sit about 1 or 1.5 meter away from your computer because your eyes can suffering as well if you don't pay attention for the right distance.

J

juma khan malik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a mining motherboard. First, you need to make sure that it is compatible with the other components in your rig. Second, you need to make sure that it has enough PCI slots for all your graphics cards. Third, you need to make sure that it has a good quality chipset that can handle the demands of mining