What hands work best for you?

Tebeezy420

Tebeezy420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, I am curious to know what hands work best for you all? I figure if I get enough feedback, I can get a good idea of these online algorithms, and, potentially play more winning hands.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recommend checking out the free Cardschat 30 Day Course:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/cardschat-training-course-455641/

Different hands perform better in certain situations (suited connectors tend to play better deeper stacked, lowest pocket pairs better when shorter stacked for shoving capabilities and so on). Even though every situation is different, the "premium hands" are pretty much always good. Depending who you ask, it might look something like this:

Highest pocket pairs like AA, KK, QQ and so on. Highest Ace-hands like AK, AQ etc.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, tight-aggressive and loose-aggressive hands work best.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
for me AA,67, 89, J10, QQ, works well when i play tournaments

M

mrc1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, I am curious to know what hands work best for you all? I figure if I get enough feedback, I can get a good idea of these online algorithms, and, potentially play more winning hands.

Statistically speaking I tend to do best with non pairs. I have about heavily studied my last 20k hands and for some reason over that small sample size that's kind of how it has worked for me.

I also tend to overvalue large pocket pairs on wet boards. Me personally this has been one of my biggest mistakes. If you don't track your hands I would make that the first thing you do. If I realized the choices I made 6 months ago I would have saved a WHOLE lot of money.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the best hands for me and AA KK QQ AK AQ plus the best of all and the 69 of spades this one never disappoints me I've already hit a strict flush with it!

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The hands that win the most work. The rest have to be dumped, which means working on your own, and even at a loss :banghead:

Stasey

Stasey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like pairs. Any pairs. Set is unreadable often. Especially on tight boards

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Most of the time: the pairs, cause you can set a trap if the third card comes. But I like the suited connecting cards too.

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know. Too often I get humiliated by my top hands. Maybe I just don't know how to play with them. :(

R

Redman1902

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like those cards that realize their equity very well. Especially those that additionally allow me to make easy post-flop decisions, and top pairs are usually not among them.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I feel like as soon as I have a hand that I start to like and play it more, it burns me. LOL.

M

mecke28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker trainer Nathan Williams who has trained over 100 players in micro stakes which you can find on you tube under (BlackRain79Poker). I've also seen poker articles online by him.

This is what he recommends for starting hands.

This is especially true for beginners of poker. I would also say it is helpful for players no matter how long you been playing, but your struggling with good poker results and making more money in your bankroll.

AA,AK,AQ,AJ,KQ,KJ,,QJ,J10 suited,109 suited,98 suited,87 suited.
He says fold everything else.

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends a little bit on positions, in the Big Blind i really like hands with a blocker and a middle card like K7s also i really like Weak suited Aces, i think its obvious that whe really cant dislike TT+ and suited broadways

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for some reason J9s always works well for me and has become a favourite, although I don't always play it (depending on circumstances), otherwise all the royal cards and pairs

S

steve420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say in NLH suited connectors 67 and higher. QQ,44,99. I think most times I get rivered by a 2 outers with hands like AA,KK.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play different games based on intuition. If I think I can win, then I play without taking into account algorithms. In general, I do not like mathematical calculations, I play with feeling and reason without programs and subtle calculations.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands