What is the Environment Like Where You Play Poker?

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The environment where I play poker has to be away from the presence of my family because they always talk to me and take my attention away from the game. Another important point of the place where I play is to have a comfortable armchair and two internet sources available for possible drops of connection. And your environment as it is?

J

Joonnn1212

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play on my laptop and I'm comfortable playing poker anywhere! If I'm exhausted I'll even lay in my bed and get a session in. Having others talking and doing things around me is distracting unless they are watching me play, in which case it actually helps me focus more as I explain to them why I'm making certain moves.

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to sit in a leather recliner chair and play on a laptop. Just as OP said, I also have to be away from other people because they tend to distract me. These days I don't play with music and I try to stay focused on what's going on at the table(s).

I think having a good environment and mindset are very important factors of having a good poker session.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We share a small home office but often I'll be playing when no one is in the office room but if they are I usually put headphones on. Still working on a more efficient way (without hurting anyone's feelings) to be interrupted when in the middle of multiple hands but for now I try to squeeze in sessions when no one else is in the office room. Very occasionally (for MTTs) I'll sometimes play on my laptop on the couch or kitchen table but 95% of my online play is on the office PC.

I get distracted really easily by noises I describe as "grating" and "annoying" (and things like motorcycles revving on the road outside drive me nuts!) so I'll sometimes wear headphones even when alone just to focus. I've found psytrance music mixes are a good balance of pump up music/zone in music without being too hype or too mellow.

I'm also getting much better at taking frequent short breaks to move around or leave the room for a few minutes. It's amazing how refocused you can get from just 2-3 minutes away from the tables.

I also invested in a high quality chair (Secret Lab) and a better PC mouse ( Razer Mamba) which has been a nice upgrade and made longer sessions more comfortable. I also put my monitor on an adjustable arm so better to adjust my posture and view when playing (hoping to add a second screen). I game a lot on this computer so I get use out of upgraded equipment for both poker and gaming!

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I usually play on my laptop on the living room sofa. I keep a drink and snacks within reach. I can play with a little noise and sometimes I have to tell people, "I can't talk right now." But if it gets too loud (like now) I take my laptop to the bedroom and shut the door.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in ps I do not get used to another but they tell me to try another site .. it's like I'm used to this

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost all the time at my desk. Having two monitors helps. I myself am obssesed with symmetry so everything needs to be clean and in order. My desk is one of the best and most expensive places in my house. But sometimes i just want to lay down and relax so i go on my terrace and enjoy the view why playing on my tablet.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I play poker at home. I live with parents and they never distract me from playing. I always feel comfortable and can focus on the game without problems.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play home, at laptop, watching TV, talking to people, I dont care to much, playing for having fun. When its a big and important tournament, I go to my bedroom, close the door, play some music to concentrate.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play at home on my computer or on a laptop and sometimes my family distracts me from the game, and sometimes I run poker from the phone when I do not have a computer at hand, but when I play at home I try to get winnings and not be distracted by the family, I also home 2 internet connection because one internet is sometimes disconnected and I connect another internet!

C

chanantn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i love to play niceand slowly and alone .

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I live alone so the most time no one and nothing distracts me from my game. Having two monitors is awesome thing too. I can open as much tables as I want. When there is not much game or I need some rest from cash games I could play freerolls on one monitor and watch something on another one. I always try to settle my 'work station' more and more comfortable. I like orderliness, when everything is in its place.

Last edited:
infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is also important to me that I am not distracted by playing poker. Also, I always try to play poker on a big monitor and of course in a comfortable armchair.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Usually I play at home and so I always feel comfortable. The main thing is that in starting to play in the tournament I was in a good mood.
Good luck.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I live with my wife and a 4-year-old daughter. I play poker at night when they are asleep. At the time I have silence and I can concentrate. I sleep in the day when my daughter is in kindergarten.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play on my laptop most frequently in my bedroom. If i am alone in the house it is better as i can concentrate better but in general i am such kind of person who is not easy to be distracted so noise or people around me do not bother me too much. Sometimes i also like to listed music while playing and sometimes i don't.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play only at the desktop computer in the chair and with a Cup of tea or coffee with a cigarette and music for the background . Yes, I live alone and I don't interfere with other sounds or conversations I tried to play when someone obschaeshsya too many distractions and I make mistakes (once again this was proved to me yesterday's League game((

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always al home, at nigth, when the rest of the world is sleep....

F

fastjob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play at home and preferably when I'm alone.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Distract from the game for me minus,but I can not isolate myself from it, there is always someone from the family members...

M

midoooo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm usually at night, as the peace and quiet and no distractions at this time, which helps to concentrate on the game

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
the environment where I play poker is ... quiet, comfortable I usually play from my laptop ... play in the afternoons after doing my personal things ... I try not to be distracted by anything during the time I am playing poker. .!

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play on our desktop computer with the 22" screen in a spare bedroom that my wife converted into an office that she will probably NEVER use for her private counselling business. The problem is that my wife uses the same computer, so we have to arrange our scheduled time for the computer. Sometimes she will invade my time and space to ask mundane things, like what should we have for dinner 2 days from now !!!???

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have a real comfy chair--and i usually play on a desktop--i sometimes have lousy internet and i hate when phone rings

Iron Poker - Titan Poker Deutsch