What do you do while playing online?

What do you do while playing online poker?

• Watch TV

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Listen To Music

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Watch TV and/or Listen to music

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • I just play poker

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters
jaqueline26

jaqueline26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I drink lots of coffee and listen to music,it keeps me focused,and the acational cursing at the donks I come across,or hurray when I take them out:rolleyes:

F

franktt6

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to rock out and listen to some tunes.

B

bulletsaa123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i listen to music, read sports websites, look at strategy on here( im actually playin a sng right now), etc...basically surf the net

I

imlosinit4u

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am playing well I only watch the people i am playing with.Otherwise I holler at people entering my room while I play.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch Entourage and drink Vitamin Water.

I

i win sometimes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i sometimes go nuts. however the cards are coming out, if i have won a few hands i am on top of the world, laughin, singin, but as soon as i get a bad beat i will seriously lose control and start screaming at my computer. i no its bad, i just cant help it, im like phil helmuth he never stops talking, he was so close to bracelet number 12 this year, bummer

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
remove cat from keyboard, peek around cat to see the screen, shove -- uh, gently lift cat and place on floor, repeat as necessary.

LOL - I have to do a bit of that too :rolleyes:

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch Entourage and drink Vitamin Water.

If it's at night I drink beer and quote Vanquish's posts (while losing my gluteous maximus at PL Omaha). While listening to Sum 41.

Kerope

Kerope

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does anyone else do this?

also, especially when i play omaha, i talk to myself saying what i have, what can beat me, etc.

Yeah, It's a horrible habit to get into, espicially when you slip during a live game. So now I just cuss at the screen. :)

Dr.Mik

Dr.Mik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While I'm playing poker, I like hearing decent tv noise from another room. Sometimes I surf the net, check the forum, and when it is imminent that I might get on tilt, I try to prvent myself from that by writing down some cusses in my poker notebook :damnmate:, using letters that are half as big as the pages.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's at night I drink beer and quote Vanquish's posts (while losing my gluteous maximus at PL Omaha). While listening to Sum 41.

If it's at night, I play the game where I join Rob's ring games and donk off chips. (while drinking)

Mrlova

Mrlova

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This, lol. I reply to posts at forums online. I'm now just starting to join this community but before cardschat I was a huge member of Railbirds until I encountered a problem with the management of the site. Long story but now I'm here and winning my sit n go right now so I guess I'm in the right spot. :D

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This, lol. I reply to posts at forums online. I'm now just starting to join this community but before cardschat I was a huge member of Railbirds until I encountered a problem with the management of the site. Long story but now I'm here and winning my sit n go right now so I guess I'm in the right spot. :D
I do have to admit this replying to posts is getting a bit addicting....I just wonder one thing. What the heck is a quality post and who judges that. Is it a rating system...two groans from the admins and its a bad post:eek: A smirk and it counts as two posts? :rolleyes: Just wondering aloud with my fingers....

S

SiMor29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm usually drowning out the music from my stereo with things like Not a jack, not a jack, not a jack, FUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!

How can he make that call with four outs!

Or, not a jack, not a jack, not a jack, YEEEEEEEEESSSS!

What a muppet! How can he make that call with four outs!

D

DP_Machine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Just try to do anything to keep me focused. It varies for me at times at what will be able to do that. A lot of time it's music but different types of music - sometimes I listen to the heavy stuff or I can go completely 180 and listen to classical music.

Another thing that I do while playing, is pretty much emulate what I do when I'm at a B&M. I'll be hittin' up FTP, UB or PokerRoom using the mouse in my right hand and then playing with chips in my left hand - working on my 'chipping' or chip tricks. Try to learn new stuff or practice tricks I haven't mastered yet so I don't look like an idiot when I try to pull it off in front of people.

Or....I can just get completely distracted and watch stuff online videos, hit up MSN or Facie...I try to avoid it but I can't help it sometimes!:D

S

sanket

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Chat on AIM... not too much, don't concentrate much on other peoples moves... just mine...

D

DeadMoneyDad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just playing on one table would send me on unbridled monkey tilt.

Personally I think unless you are multi-tabling with tracker software and or a HUD, you are cheating yourself. This is of course less than optium play but designed to increase your overall profit per hour.

In a cash game or buy-in tourney it costs you so many blinds an hour to sit at the table. You should, IMO, be getting maximum value for your investment. If nothing else you should be trying to put the players in the hands you folded on a range of hands, and watching their betting patterns.

Even in freerolls and playchips where you are investing your time to improve your game, you should take that time investment seriously.

Watching T.V., drinking, smoking weed, and any other distractions keep you from picking up crutial information. I don't know how many times I've faced a player from an early table of mine late, who will ask me "how did you make that call?" I'll usually say something like "I had a feeling." It was clear I remembered him and he didn't remember me.......

Of course if you are simply playing for entertainment then that is a different form of poker all together.

D$D

A

ace2727

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
who watches tv and plays at the same time, dont seem to much fun to me, im losing my mind