What do you do while playing online poker?

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listened to a lot of music as I played and began to notice that it increased my anxiety peak.

I'm trying to listen to binaural frequencies or even try to play in silence.

I recommend the alpha, beta and gamma binaural frequencies!
Please explain what these frequencies are and where do you listen to them? maybe something I do not understand in this?

badboydean00

badboydean00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am catching myself to get bored when playing online poker. So I start reading the newspaper or watch some TV series online. Of course that does not make my play any better.

What do you do, when playing online poker?
i will put headphones on and listen to music which i find to be so helpful through those moments of boredom.............:)

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a funny question I find myself digging my finger in my belly button to smell it but most of the time I find small choirs to do around the house to keep moving cause I am a busy body:0) oh and just kidding about the stinky finger;0)

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only thing is listening to music, anything else takes my attention away from the game.

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can watch a movie or something if ur not playing many tables or watch youtube videos, thats what i do :) but if u play more tables 6+ u will have to focus on poker only so id recommend doing that if u get bored by playing 1 table :)

Deniskin89

Deniskin89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In most cases, I do not get distracted. But sometimes I can eat, drink tea, go for a smoke during the game.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the game and how many tables I am playing. If private game I try to pay attention to the sponsors chat room if there is one. Otherwise, I might be reading CC posts and responding FB (though less and less FB) or watching twitch/youtube poker. Sometimes, I have nothing on and just focus on the game as well and have nothing else running - I have 2 monitors so screen space isn't an issue even with 4 tables running

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably play betters when I fully focus on the game and nothing else but since I usually play tournaments I sometimes do other stuff like cleaning the dishes, feeding the cats, cooking ....
Thanks to the smartphone you can take your poker table with you nowadays and are not bind to the PC anymore.

In my next live I will go Pro and have full days to devote to poker ;)

DaFrank

DaFrank

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually just focus on the poker I'm playing but the last few days I've been playing THR(Texas Holdem Radio) while I play.

Its pretty cool and I feel like I might even be playing a little better because it. Having some music going almost kinda helps me to not take the game so seriously and enjoy it more.

DaFrank

MagicDick

MagicDick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a long session challenge. I would read these forums!

I also listen to sound cloud to have some non-poker noise in the background and find new music.

J

JimmT7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually listen to some pandora, play multiple tables, and enjoy watching the chat hecklers. I find myself shoving the game and chasing if I am bored.

D

Dontnonothin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 or better 8 tables will absorb all your attention. You will never be bored, you will have no time to answer a phone call or open a can of beer. :D

I tried that and ended up raisng or folding the wrong hands because I got the tables mixed up. So that did not work out so well for me.:D

D

Dontnonothin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, what do I do when I play online poker? the answer is simple, I remove any distraction that may be and I concentrate, no newspapers, movies or music just the game, I am not a professional and I do not consider myself a great player so I will not give advantages with distractions.

Greetings.

I agree, and I do not have any problems to stay focused in live games. Always watching what is going on and trying to get a read on other players. I think it is partly because in live poker I play higher limits than online.

J

juanperal198

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
discouragement

from my part I play several tournaments at a time, so it's more fun haha. if you get bored you go "ALL IN" and ready

V_Sigme

V_Sigme

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
usually I listen to calm music at the beginning, and when I feel tired, I turn on more energetic music. Try to play 2-3 tables you will be immersed in the game with your head, good luck :)

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually when I play I listen to some video or music but if I am playing at multiple tables at the same time then I don't have time for that

K

Konstanty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if im playing online .. i look for distractions .. the game is too slow with little tells besides placement n bet patterns .. i tend to come here when playing to earn credits towards daily freerolls

D

Dark Army

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
8 tables? how you can concentrate?

I know, right?

I watch people stream their action on Twitch while I do online tournaments. Some guys are streaming over 10 tables.

Check out PlebMethod on Twitch. The guy is a machine. I've seen him do 13 tables at once. I myself don't even like to do more than one.

naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, if you took the poker game, then play, you do not need to distract yourself from other things, You need to concentrate on the game, because if you took it, then it's up to the end .. I want everyone to be distracted if poker is just poker

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Listening to podcasts or some quality documentaries that do not require full visual atention.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember once I cooked borscht and played a freeroll with 1000 players. I was lucky then I got to the final table. I remember I even had to run from the kitchen to the room to continue the game. I usually watch movies when I play poker.

DandyWarhol

DandyWarhol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely have to have some music playing. A little Phish, or downtempo type stuff... and of course my fidget spinner :) It's my biggest +EV tool :cool:

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
if you are playing only one table or just one tournament ... it is possible that sometimes it becomes boring because there is almost no action ... for that reason I recommend playing three or four tables or tournaments ... so you will always have a lot of fun action and you will not get bored ...!

K

killbello

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I open others web sites and is many distraction for me, i have to do better