What do you do while playing poker?

Jd0ubl3M

Jd0ubl3M

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
While playing online poker, I usually have it on twitch watching someone live stream or have it on the wsop final table live stream as of right now then when I am deep in a tournament I put on music!

luizmarinho

luizmarinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just listen a good rock music, some time ago I was playing poker while playing chess, I note that I wasnt having good results on poker so I decided to stop playing 2 games at once, I could see my results getting better.

skull89

skull89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music helps to keep the calm, and this can avoid you to make some mistakes. It helps to concentrate, but when i'm in a very important play I turn it off to pay more attention

Henry Minute

Henry Minute

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do I do whilst playing poker?

Lose, mostly!

L

Lewa12

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I turn a movie or YouTube, or whatever. It helps relieve nerves.

P

Pedro Targaryen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just listen a good rock music, some time ago I was playing poker while playing chess, I note that I wasnt having good results on poker so I decided to stop playing 2 games at once, I could see my results getting better.

mee too, but i still playing 2, maybe 5 games at once.. gl

27DaNutz

27DaNutz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music helps to keep the calm, and this can avoid you to make some mistakes. It helps to concentrate, but when i'm in a very important play I turn it off to pay more attention

I do the exact same.. i will have my music on then soon as i am about to get into a big pot or i am about to shove/call a shove ill either turn the music down or off :p

But yeah music does help you keep focused and make less mistakes

I

insidious96

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While playing poker I'm listening to music and I focus on the game.;)

I

ImYD

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I can't focus on playing poker without noise around me. I have to be watching something on TV or a series on Netflix while I am playing. If i'm not watching TV then I have to be listening to music. I am pretty sure the majority of people are completely opposite from me, but what do you guys do?

I Support my favorite football team - Liverpool, and play football on the streets):jd4:

S

sagivifergan

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hearing classic music and playing 8 pool

Julieta Borghi

Julieta Borghi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've gotten addicted to playing, so meanwhile I have to do other stuff like doing the dishes, cooking... I end up like a crazy rushing from the kitchen to the living room so many times!
I also watch tennis grand slam matches.

B

BernardoSLB

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i spend most of my time in poker while i'm working in a call center.. the best thing to do, really eheh

Erix2

Erix2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately, i have been watching older poker tournaments on my second monitor, and play tournaments on primary monitor,
but in late phases i have to stop watching and focus on my game :smile: ,,it helps me learn game little bit more

I

ilostmysoul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally I have a window alongside the poker client with some comedy series like Friends, or TBBT. Makes it easier to take on bad beats as well.

P

Philip Cruz

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen concentration music. Sometimes I just play nothing more...

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me I can't focus on playing poker without noise around me. I have to be watching something on TV or a series on Netflix while I am playing. If i'm not watching TV then I have to be listening to music. I am pretty sure the majority of people are completely opposite from me, but what do you guys do?

started in poker a little while , I am learning , I have done a lot of experience , to overcome the pressure , but the focus is a foundation.

E

eudaimonia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A variety of things. I play mostly tournaments. Early in a tournament, I read or surf the interwebs. In the middle game, I mostly concentrate on the pokers since IMO this is the most critical stage of the tournament. If I go deep, I like to clean things or cook a meal to relieve the tension. Final table, sweat like a banshee then vigorously swear when I go out to something stupid.

rohankamble9

rohankamble9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually i listen to the music....and take notes of players on the table how they are playing..this helps to make strategy for the later stages

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
while play poker in Cardschat im stay in the office, working, secretly. Another like me ??

alejandro huerta

alejandro huerta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I am attentive to the game as it is important to see how others play only what I do is put relaxing music and not get distracted though both see tv a few times but usually I avoid hehehe. :D

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I listen to music, it helps to concentrate.
Never forget the evening when I lost almost $200 in 1-1,5 hour while watching 'Some Like It Hot' - even now I can't say why I could't just get my head out of my ass and play without getting distracted :D