What do you do while playing poker?

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like listening to a podcast or I'll put on some old sit- com reruns, something for back round noise basically.I don't play and listen to music, because music makes me want to drink and if I drink chances are good that I'll find a bar lol.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My way of beating the people that slow up the game.

I like to listen to music and do rituals when certain hole cards come. They were dictated by the next turn river.

I have blessing hole cards nine nine. I have curse hole cards two three. I have specific site hole cards at pokerstars it is ten ten. At fulltilt it is nine jack. At americas cardroom it is ten two. At blackchip poker it is eight nine.

Each one has a different ritual to go with it. This helps you keep your mind on the game and shows your paying attention. This gives you the confidence to play without being psyched out by others. People like to psych out others with thier game play. that prolly is'nt true unless people are throwing it to them. Sooner or later it comes to luck.

S

sbedian

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What do to while playing poker

I find that I have different tastes for different moods. Sometimes I like a movie on in the background (not that I pay much attention to it), sometimes I like music, and sometimes I like silence. I often eat while playing, something to munch on seems to help. I love popcorn with poker, and I often like an action movie as well.

N

Nikitos19909

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While playing a poker try to take a bath 👍😂😂😂😂😂

rensks

rensks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to watch some movies or series rthat way i dont stop to think if i should play some awfull hands, im so impulsive that way,...

C

cruisinman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm usually in 4 to 6 games on 1 to 3 skins - no time for anything but concentration poker except watching sports on TV . . .

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The great thing about playing on the internet is the amount of information you have available while waiting for a move ... is to look at the forum , or news program , or see the weather forecast ... live also have distractions , the important is to focus on game ever! But I think listening to relaxing music helps me to improve my concentration swing ... patiently ... I know it has worked :

leandrette

leandrette

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can be doing during the game, cooking, music and if I drink while I'm doing this is much worse for my bankroll :x ...and I think...... I concentrate better,,:)

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone still out there in this thread? If so, I often play more than one tournament at a time, usually on different sites. I find it hard to listen to music on top of that because I would only listen to the music I love....60s....and I tend to get into my music to the detriment of my poker. I do notice on TV that many of the pros listen to music....chacun son gout!

C

CupOfSalt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker - I need to focus on the game.. bet sizing, action times, etc.

Live poker - I watch everyone else when it's their turn to act.

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While playing poker, I play more poker. I usually play 2 to 4 games at a time. If I'm only playing 1 game, I tend to get bored and play hands that I shouldn't. But if I am just playing 1 game it's probably because I'm cooking, doing laundry, or something like that.

Sam Carter

Sam Carter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen music and drink coffee. Sometimes I like to play in complete silence.

L

lorilips

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play games...lately I am into Jewel Quest.

xmarus91

xmarus91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like watching poker on the side like wsop re-runs and listen to music, and try to win some moneys. lol

MrBadAss

MrBadAss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can agree with music but never with series or movies unless you are playing 2/3 tables, you gotta take notes and be aware of the dynamic of the table, moments, people left to the money, etc etc. but unless its 1/3 tables maximum

G

GoldCaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're watching something on t.v or being distracted by anything.. you will find yourself lost in certain spots and will not be able to make the right move. Looking at poker 247 sucks but hard work pays off.

S

sabbywabby7

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, music and smoking for me for the most part with some online sports betting in between.

D

danntesvarna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch Tv,listening music and play poker this is normal day

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Usually I watch the game, and try to search and other things surfing in internet.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I turn on music on background,and try to be focus on poker.....

CincyTim83

CincyTim83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well honestly I love to have nothing to distract me but maybe a ballgame in the backgroud but I have a 11 month old so I have no version of silence or isolation!

IrinaNicole

IrinaNicole

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Baby!

As a mother with a small baby, I usually tend to take care of my baby whille I play poker, when he is sleeping I can play very good but when he is crying or he wants action I have to sit out hands like AQ,KK, ans most recently AA:))

D

dubis81

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it is important to focus as much as possible to learn as much as possible as both are related from point of view

D

devilbliss

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i watch movies, but now I think I need to focus more on the dynamics to raising my chance of winning.