What do you do while playing poker?

steved757

steved757

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm either listening to music or watching tv while I play.

P

PuckerUpChat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play poker this time of the year, I'm usually watching TV probably baseball GO KC Royals....

Robert Krawczak

Robert Krawczak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to the music, music makes my game more agrresive i can say that this pays off in late game.

mange1234

mange1234

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch TV

Hey,

I watch TV and surf the web.

Otherwise, poker is too boring to me.

mange1234

Attachments

• Blue frog full pic.jpg
    Blue frog full pic.jpg
    630.8 KB · Views: 36
PieterTerAar

PieterTerAar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use a HUD. When i'm playing on four tables zoom or 6 tables cash game i'm constant busy and when I have nothing to do for a second i look into the hud stats of people where i want to get a read on. Sometimes i listen music but i prefer looking into hud stats.

mariel619

mariel619

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tv shows to help with all of the folding during cash games,
music for tourneys.
web browsing for both im just one of those people that get board easy unless im playing 4-6 games at once

johnxaitafe

johnxaitafe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1)a cup of coffee,2)a big playlist with music,3)2 cigarettes packs and a good sleep before all these...

kokumcito1

kokumcito1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good or bad play poker online with music ?

Its posible to be a big distraction and many time you can't see how play the other playes ............. ?:confused:

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Music is actually pretty good to play with online since you distance yourself from everything around you such as crying babies and relatives. You're just in your own world and for me can think alot more clearly

A

ayrton

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont see it as a distraction as long as you dont have the music too loud and keep your focus on the game. I usually have something calm playing since sitting in silence is just boring.

H

hammersc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yummy mostly try to see tutorials and practice games to improve my hands , I mostly focus too much on the major tournaments and try to put into practice what they learned by all poker courses

I

igor vanillasky

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
music or tv, cigarettes and coffe

lonaug

lonaug

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a coffeeholic anyways

I usually drink coffee and listen to Spotify while playing Poker. :thrasher: :tee:

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On this particular occasion, I am browsing through CardsChat and posting stuff like this. I don't usually do anything else while playing poker, other than maybe watching TV as I try to be quite disciplined about it as I bang on all the time about how important concentration is and to avoid distractions.

My point is currently being proven as I have lost 20c in the time I have been browsing CardsChat. Off I go to start focusing again!

BB

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I need silence to plya poker or i can't concentrate.

W

wabbitfry18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to hear noise, too

I have a lot more success without silence... Too much going on has been harmful though!!

W

wippedquaze

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried a lot of things, I find that the thing that works best for me is meditation music.
Like this for example:

R

radu florin

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
music and poker, good combination for me :D

S

Sall

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Occasionally I will peel 1 kg of peanuts. It helps me to distract and stay focussed simultanous. It is hard to explain, but it works for me. And no, I am not a monkey

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Concentrate on the game. Drink a little JD sometimes.

D

dumbdonut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I can't focus on playing poker without noise around me. I have to be watching something on TV or a series on Netflix while I am playing. If i'm not watching TV then I have to be listening to music. I am pretty sure the majority of people are completely opposite from me, but what do you guys do?

hello

B

Bazslazs93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with "pay attention and take notes" but i also need a rest, just be calm !. its important :)

AlyLauren

AlyLauren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let the game face on, if I really want to win then I am just focus on the game itself. I hate being disturb, and I haven't tried playing poker while I am listening to music or watching movies.