What do you do when running bad?

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are in an extended session of bad beats or being card dead, what do you do? Go to another table, go to another site or stop for the day?
Since I've been playing freerolls exclusively, it's been very easy for me to pause the game completely and not play again until I'm ready.
I'll give you an example, the German Freerolls are horrible compared to the usual freerolls. The blinds go up quickly and the opponents raise with the worst hands. If you master this situation coolly and just take a break, you are truly a good player. Or you win of course, this option is also there. ;)

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm trying to take a break and rest

S

SadonnaPrice

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
PH
Chips
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Remember, it happens to everyone. Take a break if you need to, but don't let it shake your confidence. Stick to your strategies and stay positive. Good luck at the tables! 😎

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch videos on youtube about other people who have had down swings and have found some very good advice when in reality I was searching for someone to watch who is experiencing the same pain as me and laugh at it lol.

One thing you need to realize is the best players in the world all go on down swings and it's not something you can control, so why get mad at it. Nothing you can do. Why waste energy on something you can't control.

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Personally, I think it is better to go out and leave the game for a while, it has happened to me that I have gotten hooked on several bad beats and I have lost almost all my bank due to not knowing how to manage myself well, that is why I think that the best thing you can do when You are having a bad day is to close poker for a while, relax, get some air and then continue calmer.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When I do running bad I just waiting to loose lol.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In such a situation my experiance was u cant force your luck, quit the session for that day and do something different... ;)

lacroir

lacroir

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
If I feel, I'm not in the perfect mood anymore I stop. At least try. :ROFLMAO: You should take a break in such a cases otherwise you can go down on a big big loose streak.

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Study more, see poker content on the internet or change the type of tournament you're playing.