Weird Screen Names

iriska

iriska

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most often, players who have strange nicknames are just as weird. What were you thinking about when you came up with a nickname? What does he think when he plays illogically? He probably does not think at all!

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are trying to get in your head by the name. Durrrrr is the prime example. He did it because he wanted you to think he was slow and not that smart..

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Names seem to be cast in stone once approved. My understanding always was that pokerstars would not allow names that were profane or that suggested a staff relationship with Pokerstars. Either their rules have changed or they are adopting a very, very loose interpretation these days. Some of the names that I've seen are highly suggestive.

On another site, I came across a player who used the name of a well known convicted drug dealer, outlaw bike gang leader and murderer in Quebec. I don't know if it was the actual criminal playing from prison or someone proudly representing him.

I was strongly offended and complained to the site administrator who replied that since other players already knew this player by that name it would be unfair to them to require that the offending player change his name. I hope that none of his victims' families ever saw that player online. I stopped playing on that site after that.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some screen names can give you an idea of a player's age (like with their birth year in it), which can give you a small edge in how they might play.

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like punny names like "mydixiewrecked". I put it up there with others I have seen, such as "6uldv8", "urweetoddid", and my personal favorite "ifuseekay".

trippin

trippin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess those names are not to bad, A for effort. If the name is plain as life it triggers me.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have a buddy named ( JMcTitts ) for his pokerstars account LOL

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you find it funny that none of the weird/offensive screen names are never at the final tables of the large tourneys? If a player with an offensive screen name made it to a televised table you bet that there would be a different name used (name change perhaps). Or perhaps just place "Player1 (or whatever)" in the spot where they are playing. It is my opinion that players that have these offensive screen names know that they don't have what it takes to make those huge money final tables, so they come up with these names to play under.

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you find it funny that none of the weird/offensive screen names are never at the final tables of the large tourneys? If a player with an offensive screen name made it to a televised table you bet that there would be a different name used (name change perhaps). Or perhaps just place "Player1 (or whatever)" in the spot where they are playing. It is my opinion that players that have these offensive screen names know that they don't have what it takes to make those huge money final tables, so they come up with these names to play under.

You might be right about that. In fact, you might be right about all of that.

I play with a bunch of others where we have a chat room. This a small group playing in private tournaments. Been together for several years. I have seen the some really sicko names come into chat and on the tables. They all seem to have the education of a middle-schooler and don't last very long. Some have been outright banned from the chat, but are still able to register. Have not seen any of them at the final table.

C

Cripmegy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
See some of the names they make sense after ya see there game play
..:(

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know about weird names. But, lately, Ive been wondering, why in poker stars sometimes, people from Russia or places like Albania have in their names latin names, it is a little weird for me that someone whos tag specifically says Russia or Ucraine are called SeñorGanador or things like that, it is weird because, 1 I think maybe they are latins who polay in russia or russians who knows spanish, but I try to talk to them in spanish or english and no response without chat being deactivated. So it is weird, are they ghost in the machine and that is why they always win??? Thats some weird stuff for me ;)

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Weird Names

:rolleyes:I get a lot of laughs out of names some people decide on. It is a hoot sometimes.:eek::cool:

Lefty Blue

Lefty Blue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many years ago

Before Bovada went anonymous a guy had the name
THEYREMYCHIPSNIGGA
I considered it disrespectful but I'm a live and let live kind of guy UNTIL he got insulting in the player chat.
I emailed the Bovada complaint address. They gave him 10 minutes to change his name or leave.
Then they emailed me with an apology that the name had got through there automated screening process.

Customer service like this is getting rare.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have seen two names that have made me laugh and are,

DontKILmepls
siemprpierdo