Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

Today I continue with rookie reasoning. I'm having a bad run in my personal life (work, my country is not doing well economically) and, as a good human, all the "little bad things" are magnified.
I think that what I am going to say is quite obvious but not for that reason: on Saturdays and Sundays we have more traffic in the poker rooms and, generally, that greater traffic is generated by casual and recreational players who cannot play in the week for labor reasons, etc, etc.
My question is: these recreational players are supposed to be the ones who will win us in the long run, beyond the damn bad beats we must endure on weekends against them.
The silly question is: if these characters play only on weekends, will we only make money on weekends? (I'm talking about freerolls, cash nl2, sits nanolimits and very low buy in mtt).
I apologize for the dumbness of the question and especially for enduring what is often catharsis on my part.

Thank you all for always being there.

Best regards from Buenos Aires.

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

Today I continue with rookie reasoning. I'm having a bad run in my personal life (work, my country is not doing well economically) and, as a good human, all the "little bad things" are magnified.
I think that what I am going to say is quite obvious but not for that reason: on Saturdays and Sundays we have more traffic in the poker rooms and, generally, that greater traffic is generated by casual and recreational players who cannot play in the week for labor reasons, etc, etc.
My question is: these recreational players are supposed to be the ones who will win us in the long run, beyond the damn bad beats we must endure on weekends against them.
The silly question is: if these characters play only on weekends, will we only make money on weekends? (I'm talking about freerolls, cash nl2, sits nanolimits and very low buy in mtt).
I apologize for the dumbness of the question and especially for enduring what is often catharsis on my part.

Thank you all for always being there.

Hi Warrior

I too have often wondered about the cause of the increased traffic at poker sites over the weekend. Like you i think some of it is made up by players who cannot generally play during the week due to work or other reason, but given that many of these will be recreational players or those people who fancy a gamble and may be less skilled at poker than others, i think the sharks will also be aware of the increase of fish at the weekends and will also be part of the increase in players at the weekend. Also some of the additional weekend increase may well be very good players who also work during the week.

So, the point is....beware! You need to search out the fishes and watch out for the sharks so that you don't get caught up in their dangerous activities.

On the whole i think we can make the most of the increased traffic at weekends by improving our own poker skills and not relying on searching for fish as fish can also be very dangerous...playing pots they should not be playing and sucking out on you with really poor hands because they know no better than to give it a go!

Good luck with improving your poker and best wishes for your situation.

BentleyBoy

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Warrior

I too have often wondered about the cause of the increased traffic at poker sites over the weekend. Like you i think some of it is made up by players who cannot generally play during the week due to work or other reason, but given that many of these will be recreational players or those people who fancy a gamble and may be less skilled at poker than others, i think the sharks will also be aware of the increase of fish at the weekends and will also be part of the increase in players at the weekend. Also some of the additional weekend increase may well be very good players who also work during the week.

So, the point is....beware! You need to search out the fishes and watch out for the sharks so that you don't get caught up in their dangerous activities.

On the whole i think we can make the most of the increased traffic at weekends by improving our own poker skills and not relying on searching for fish as fish can also be very dangerous...playing pots they should not be playing and sucking out on you with really poor hands because they know no better than to give it a go!

Good luck with improving your poker and best wishes for your situation.

BentleyBoy

Hello my friend.

Thank you very much for your comments, advice and good wishes.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I notice there are greater numbers on the weekends, and tend to play a little tighter, as there are alot of sharks!