weak play even at final tables?

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was a bit surprised when I started to make it to "final tables" at ACR tournies. Surprised to still find DONKS at final tables. I was 6th out of 8 at final table, with about 3 blinds left for me. I was hopeful when I got a chance to go head to head with someone while I was holding A Q...I got in the hand with a limp in "call bet" when I was on the button...small blind folded. Ace 4 9 flops...I go all in and the CLOWN sitting in the blind position SNAP calls me!>>>and all he had was K 10!!!>>>ARGH!! No pairs!>>>He HAD TO THINK I had the ace paired up, or at least the 9?!?>>RIGHT?! why would a person make a STUUUPID bet like that? UMMM, cuz he knew the site would give him the winner? It was a sad thing to watch indeed! Of course 4th street popped a king and then the river also, and he beat me with trip kings!!! I was shocked that he called with NOTHING, but started to realize that people will play the STUUUPIDEST bets when they are using "free" money. I guess if this had been a higher stakes game he wouldn't have called my bet when he had NOTHING??!!>>>UMMM, wait!>>I am thinking the idiot WOULD HAVE! Oh well to that sad tourney...ended with a "THUD!" Watch out for idiots at final tables...they're still there!

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you only had three blinds, he probably just called you because of your weak stack. But I agree, it's a weird call post flop with that hand... try not to get too discouraged though. That kind of think happens all the time. Keep playing your best game and you'll win more in the long run. :)

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you only had three blinds, he probably just called you because of your weak stack. But I agree, it's a weird call post flop with that hand... try not to get too discouraged though. That kind of think happens all the time. Keep playing your best game and you'll win more in the long run. :)
Appreciate the words of confidence and positivity...most of the time in here you attacked when mentioning anything poker related...LOL :) Thanks again and take care. Happy Holidays.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Appreciate the words of confidence and positivity...most of the time in here you attacked when mentioning anything poker related...LOL :) Thanks again and take care. Happy Holidays.

You too, man! :) We all need to stay positive when we play, as best we can.

C

Cloud2218

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't wanna be the barer of bad news. But, get used to this happening all the time in smaller games.

Johnson baker

Johnson baker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it seems that the sites are slanted against the smaller stack in all in situation. I wonder if there’s something they’re doing to get tourney finishing faster or something. More $$ for the site. Idk

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it seems that the sites are slanted against the smaller stack in all in situation. I wonder if there’s something they’re doing to get tourney finishing faster or something. More $$ for the site. Idk

That is not true. I have been 27/27 and short-stacked before and all-in when the blinds come around, only to suck my way out to the final table. It happens to me about once or twice a month.

In answer to the OP, you will get a lot of calls in that situation. After the flop, what is an extra dime or two on a $5 pot. I would probably have snap called you too. Even if you shoved all in pre-flop the BB still would have called you, because it is to his advantage to eliminate you from the tournament.

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pure technical view - Holding K 10 against a 3 blind villain is always a good hand and if it is going to eliminate a player from the FT and pushing me upwards towards a higher paying zone.

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sounds like he made a good call cause won the hand

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's a classic, SILLY answer!

sounds like he made a good call cause won the hand
Are you trying to be "smug", or just Funny! :) I haven't heard quite a silly answer like that in awhile>>>TOOO FUNNY! UMMM, surrre, it makes it a "good bet" cuz he won the hand...now that's about the "purest form" of sarcasm I have heard in a while...thank you for the comedy relief...Oh, and a response I would expect from people who would have called my all in when they have NOTHING!!! Classic answer concerning a classic site, ACR! Good luck at the tables...as if.

Last edited:
M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's do some math here: say antes are 1,5 blinds, sb is 0,5 and bb is 1. You limp, so one more blind. There are 4 blinds in the pot already. So he needs to call 2 blinds to get an 8 blinds pot. He needs to be winning 25% of the times. Based on your limping range, he definitely has it, since you could have 88,77, a 9, etc. So not a bad call at all.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Beats happen all the time, it wouldn't be poker without them. At a final table w/5 blinds or less on the button w/AQ I believe a shove is in order here, just try to take down what's out there. A player in the blind is now forced to make a decision instead of visa-versa. But since it's free money it will be based on the lack of monetary value. It just comes w/the territory, imo.