Watching movie while playing poker

mountainfox

mountainfox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play at two tables, I just watch documentary films on YouTube. Sometimes, I would just watch sports on television. It helps me to not be bored or go on tilt.

J

jrsilvamg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During the game it is necessary to be aware, to always see how each player behaves during the actions

mondo3

mondo3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do this and the benefit for me is that I find I don’t play weak hands

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought of a few people, but I do that all the time, especially during long tournaments, I always watch some sort of movie and simultaneously playing poker

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im usually watching sports while playing poker.. gotta bet on these college kids lols

double the gamble!! lols

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually have the TV on as background noise while I play, but certain shows can be really distracting! For me its Gold rush, Oak Island, and I totally donked watching the last episode of Mandelorian!

Gringo5521

Gringo5521

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For some time now, I have been playing one or two tables at a time and, figured I am getting easily distracted by my surroundings. That's why I started watching movies or TV shows while playing.
I basically open both on my laptop and reserve left part of the screen for a movie and the right part for poker.

When I have a tough decision to make, I just pause the thing and think about the hand properly.

Does anyone else do this or something similar?
If so, what are you usually watching? I am mostly watching The Grand Tour (Car show), or a TV Show, currently Blacklist and The Mandalorian.

I also sometimes watch movies or TV series, shows.
But I must admit this increases the risk of making ridiculous mistakes due to the lack of complete picture.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I admit, I also watch, mostly series. My current favorite is "The Crown". Not too much action in that one. :D
Sometimes I listen to podcasts.

Olinosterfant

Olinosterfant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For some time now, I have been playing one or two tables at a time and, figured I am getting easily distracted by my surroundings. That's why I started watching movies or TV shows while playing.
I basically open both on my laptop and reserve left part of the screen for a movie and the right part for poker.

When I have a tough decision to make, I just pause the thing and think about the hand properly.

If so, what are you usually watching? I am mostly watching The Grand Tour (Car show), or a TV Show, currently Blacklist and The Mandalorian.
I don't think you should have a tv or a phone near you when you play poker. They are distractions.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
generally. it’s great of course, when there is no serious game, you can watch your favorite movies or TV shows. but when it comes to important tournaments for you, I would recommend isolating all this. even a mobile phone, that would be a complete concentration on the game. it can be boring but effective

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually watch online poker games on youtube while I play, it puts me in the mood.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I started watching movies, cooking shows, listening to music and the big difference is not in my game

S

scortix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to have something going on in the second monitor while playing poker, but i think something that takes too much on ur attention away from the tables is bad. Just watch simple thing imo

T

tadasjar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can’t

Any sound disturbs me as her very easily distracted. So when I’m playing everything is quiet around me :D

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
No movies on tournaments, I need to be focused. Music is alright but something chill

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like watching TV while playing a tournament.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me no movies just music or sometimes listen to podcast

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching movies while playing poker ( especially more than 1 table ) is like smoking while working on gas pipes...

pac818man

pac818man

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I play 8 Ball Pool. Stops me from playing junk hands

thetzarofpoker

thetzarofpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

No movies or tv shows, nothing to requires medium term or long term memory.... short videos or internetsurfing.. you need to use memory at the game..

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I watch TV, read espn on computer, clean, and whatever else I can do sometimes. Usually that is early on in tournaments though. I don't like to get involved in a lot of the early action, mainly freerolls where everyone is all in for 30 minutes. Now when it starts getting closer to being ITM, I am all over the computer screen. I don't want to miss a single hand.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I have many tables, I focus exclusively on the game.But if I open one table, then I watch movies or football. By the way, I also like the grand tour, I love this old trinity)))

curler1964

curler1964

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often have music playing when I am playing online. Sometimes I have the TV on. However, if it's an important tournament or game to me, I try to concentrate fully on the game and try to pick up reads and make notes on other players.

I think that top players (I'm NOT one! LOL) would tell you that you should try and concentrate 100% on your poker game no matter WHAT level or game you are playing - but I realize that can be tough if you are in some low stakes tourneys with lots of "shove monkeys" (LOL) and you are just waiting for a good hand to play!

I guess the best thing to do - is to do whatever gets you the best results in the long run! Good luck all!!

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stream a lot while I play,got through all the breaking bad ray donavon.now I'm on to money heist helps with all the time draggers ,thats something Ive never done live playing poker it would help with all the tankers live

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play i listen music. GL