Watching movie while playing poker

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For some time now, I have been playing one or two tables at a time and, figured I am getting easily distracted by my surroundings. That's why I started watching movies or TV shows while playing.
I basically open both on my laptop and reserve left part of the screen for a movie and the right part for poker.

When I have a tough decision to make, I just pause the thing and think about the hand properly.

Does anyone else do this or something similar?
If so, what are you usually watching? I am mostly watching The Grand Tour (Car show), or a TV Show, currently Blacklist and The Mandalorian.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play, my TV is always on. watch movies or entertainment.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often do exactly the same.
Sometimes I watch Downton Abbey or something similar, but mostly I play Civilization 6. This game goes very well along with poker because you do not have to pause anything. Turn based strategy games "pause" all the time.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch various films and series. I’m so used to it that I’m bored just sitting and playing.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also watch my favorite youtube channels while playing only one tournament because it's boring without it :)

Alexander Rubcov

Alexander Rubcov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always something to watch if you play one or two tables.I like to watch movies and play MTT tournament at the same time.It's boring just to play.I have a video of me frying a steak on the street and at the same time qualifying for the jubilee Sunday million via laptop.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keeping busy while playing keeps me from playing those marginal hands in bad position that knock me out of tournys,,,, :)

dnevnikpokerista

dnevnikpokerista

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I do not watch anything, watch for opponents

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I may easily to do similar like that tomorrow ...

Watch how Holland beats us in football while playing cc tournament (while seeking revenge on dutch players) :)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If this is a free or inexpensive tournament, I watch movies, but if the tournament is expensive or it is very important to me, I try to concentrate on the game and not distract myself with anything !!!

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I´m playing 2 tables I watch sports but if I´m playing more than 4 tables I just concentrate myself in the game.

rayrc

rayrc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think everyone is right. If you are playing an expensive tournament you will not want to be distracted by anything, but if you are playing a cheap tournament or a freeroll it can be boring to be waiting for a good hand, in that case it is good to have something to do, that avoids playing any hand and waiting for a good one . I like to watch Seinfeld while I play.

xxxSSSxxx

xxxSSSxxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching youtube though life funny videos

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, music works fine too, but movies, or something that occupies me while I am folding every hand really keeps me interested in the game.

I recently played a zoom MTT and, naturally couldn't watch anything cause of the pace, but if I were to play regular MTT, having cold dead deck and not doing anything aside would kill me :)

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I feel like my attention span has gotten shorter and shorter because we have so many choices things to watch things to do phone tablet computer Etc LOL I am usually always watching something especially when I try to play poker otherwise lately I get too bored with the poker so watching something movie or show helps me not to lose early in the game:):)

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TV is always on while I play, usually watching some dead or zombie movies. This does not distract me as much as playing in two tournaments at the same time, especially if one is a regular speed and the other one is hyper turbo.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
isnt a movie beside a distraction all by it self? :) i can do stuff around too,but to be honest thats not really playing poker is it. i really do get better results when theres nothing but the game

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If I watch a movie rarelly while I play , it would be one of the old/classic movies I have stored in my hard disk lol . Most of the times I watch my favourite twitch channels or youtube videos or listen to music :)

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No ,I am not watch Tv ,but always listen music,but sometimes when I play long time period I read online news .

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's right to be distracted by anything because if you do you can't concentrate on the players at your table to know what kind of opponents you're dealing with

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As soon as I'm starting to watch something I'm losing my concentration. Recently I was playing some freeroll and accidentally called someone's allin and lost

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i play a big tournament i fully commit to the tournament.

If i play a freeroll or something like that , yeah.. i can watch something else, probably some high stakes on youtube. Poker is life

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sit down to play freerolls, see with what cards the opponents go all in and it seems to me sometimes that they watch movies.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am just like you when I play at one or two tables, watch a movie or series. I, too, have a movie on the left side of the screen, and poker tables on the right side of the screen. I usually watch a Russian series or any interesting film. When I need to focus or make an important decision, I stop watching the movie and pay all the attention to poker. Watching a movie helps me to be more relaxed during the game, and if I lose the big bank, then I immediately get distracted and forget about my failure, thanks to the movie .