visible hole cards?

R

richierich1980

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i've been playing online about 6 weeks now and decided to see what else there was besides paradise and titan,so i googled online poker.i was amazed at all the people selling systems that claim to show all other pkayer hole cards.am i being screwed or is this a scam.i'm not wiiling to give these jerks 50 bucks to find out.

Osmann

Osmann

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Programs that can do that does not exist, so save your money! Maybe somebody who knows more about programming and how the pokersites actually work can tell you more about why they don't exist.

F

Fish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Osmann said:
Programs that can do that does not exist, so save your money! Maybe somebody who knows more about programming and how the pokersites actually work can tell you more about why they don't exist.

I already did.
Search my posts.

Osmann

Osmann

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I knew I had read a post a long time ago explaining why theese programs do not exist, but didn't know how to find it. But here it is:

Fish said:
Dorkus gave the reasons why you wouldn't be able to buy it.
Here are the reasons they don't exist:

When you are sitting at an online poker table assume you are dealt
2 aces....

The online poker site sends a "Packet" of information to your computer that shows you 2 aces....
The online poker site does NOT send this "packet" to any other player's computer....

The flop is dealt, (viewable to anyone), the turn and river are the same... also viewable to anyone.....

When it comes time for showdown, then and only then is a packet of information sent to your opponents containing YOUR hole cards (In this case, 2 Aces).

That's it. no big mystery. The programs that you want to buy just don't exist. YOU will never see someone else's holecards.

So since Your holecards are only stored on the online poker sites servers, a VERY determined hacker could theoretically hack in and obtain this information.
Mind you, if they could do this, would they bother with hole cards?
Or go straight to the financial section and take the money without going throught the formality of actually playing?

Now, This does not mean that someone can not see YOUR hole cards.
What you ask?
Well, if you were to download a very naughty trojan file, someone can gain access to your computer, and virtually see what you see, thus seeing YOUR holecards....
How would that get on your computer?
Try downloading one of those "See your opponent's hole cards" type programs, and then you can tell us all about it ;)

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From the people that have set out to expose the scams, they've indicated that the most you're likely to get is the 'seller' taking your money, and pointing you to something like VNC which will allow you to remote desktop to another machine - which would allow you to set up seeing others cards only if they were playing on a machine that you had administrator access to.
That kind of software would be able to be used for colluding, but wouldn't be useful for reading a random opponents cards, and since VNC and the like are freeware, there'd be no need to buy the software anyway, and since you could collude using MSN or the like there'd be little point using it for collusion either.

The only possible way that software could show other players hole cards would be if the opponents had a trojan that read the data coming to their machine and passed it on to your machine, or if someone somehow got a trojan onto the server. I suspect that even if you could see a couple of opponents hole cards, then your plays where you make a strong hand but fold because of information you shouldn't have would tend to flag your account for 'special' attention anyway.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever in life you see an advert claiming to show you how to make millions consider it from the other angle -

If you had made a program that allowed you such an advantage over your competitors - why then would you advertise it to the world at a knockdown price and allow everyone to use it??

Keep it secret - use it, make your millions and retire. Scams, they are all scams :D

IanT

R

RogerBezerk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was scamed

I brought the program it cost 59.99 and did not show me hole cards...

in fact it showed me no cards what so ever

sux

:withstupi:eek::confused::mad:

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That one was a scam Roger, but i've got some magic beans for sale that will grow into enormous beanstalks. Pm me for details, this is legit.

JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
robwhufc said:
That one was a scam Roger, but i've got some magic beans for sale that will grow into enormous beanstalks. Pm me for details, this is legit.

LMFAO, I want 6 orders LOL

D

davecc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Rob you can keep the magic beans (no room for a bean stalk) any stock market tips would be welcome though. I am as good at shares as I am at poker, so a small advance for investment purposes only would be nice. In return I have a great device that will make all your opponents lose at poker (it’s my brain)

A

andybee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Think about it......

poker sites have some of the strogest fire wall in the world

NO THEY DONT WORK !!!!!!!!!!

ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION??????

IF THE REALY WORKED.............

Would you sell it... or keep it quiet....and make loads of money?

Andy Bee
wink.gif

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's the "why" referred to in Fish's post.

Dorkus Malorkus said:
For the 34956873th time (sorry, but this has been brought up countless times before), if you could somehow make a program like this, would you...

(a) Sell it for $50 or whatever, maybe get a few customers and make a few hundred bucks before the product becomes obsolete.

(b) Shut the Hell up about it, use it in high-stakes games just for yourself, and make an absolute fortune.

Hmmmm.