view streamers

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does watching streamers help you? do you learn anything from them and who is your favorite cash game player?

CylleP

CylleP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does watching streamers help you? do you learn anything from them and who is your favorite cash game player?

Yes . There are several streamers who tell a lot about the game.
They are not silent and share their knowledge of why they did this here.

I'm watching "inerpsy" (mishainer)
and also "Lorem"

foldeamela

foldeamela

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes see through twich and it really helped me to see movements that I do maybe without knowing how to see from another place

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
Yes, I watch streams of poker. I like to watch Mr. Lex Veldhuis, he is a professional player with high stakes, he talks a lot about the game and you can learn a lot, I recommend it.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to watch smaller low-mid stakes streamers for meaningful analysis and bigger high stakes streamers for entertainment value. For instance, watching Ben CB play $25K WPT events is cool, but would watch more $11-$33 grinders for actionable advice. I find that once a streamer has over 100 concurrent viewers it becomes harder to have meaningful interactions about their decisions in hands just because of the volume of chat text.

For regular streamers, Crazysixes live streams his coaching sessions, plus he's *relatively* engaging as a streamer.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t watch streamers, I believe in practice. :D

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I believe there is knowledge to gain from watching streamers. Just like any information you should do your homework to make sure the streamer is a winning or skilled player. I have personally seen good and bad streamers. I'm sure many examples have been provided before me so I won't give specific examples.

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch mainly brazilian streamers and only MTT players.
Yes, they help, most of them will answer any question you have.
It's also nice to watch their plays and the way they behave.
There is a channel (TioChrisPS - means Uncle Chris on PS) where he even invite some pro players who are willing to spare their time and review a channel's user tournament live.
Other days he have sponsors to put on 25$ freerolls on pokerstars Homegames. He built a poker community.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, I don’t really like watching streams, I prefer to learn poker from my own mistakes, but I don’t exclude the fact that there may be really useful information there! I remember once there were streams for watching them, they gave money or tickets, so I will go to such a stream
:pcguru:

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Some of them really very good and you can learn a lot from them. Depends also how do they communicate with their followers, like feedback, answer on the question etc. not only streaming just one way but also try to help followers in improving of their game. The way of streaming should be interesting.

CowboyStomp

CowboyStomp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Matt Staples is pretty good on explaining his play

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes!!!

When you watch pro tv games cash or tourney style you always learn a lot. Like watching Pros play your favorite video game...you always learn things. When you get better you watch the same games and you see strategies and you also can get reasurrance your playing right. there is so much to learn about being a TOP player. In poker you have to always adapt and learn and study. or youll start losing just watch.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can learn a lot from it, but it's not the only way to learn, in fact ...

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are very good streamers to watch, alot of them explaun what they are playing and why. Also some do giveaeays and stream HGs which allow for bankroll building

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, if it's a + streaming

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Most of it is just entertainment. Not a lot of game theory or explanation of how they approached the hand.

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good topic. I recently started to see some players in their lives and in my opinion, it is a great learning, I believe that it will only add in the development of any type of player. It was very nice and always when I have availability of time I watch. Ah, I hate cash game, for me it does not have the same thrill of a MTT tournament. Good luck at the tables!