Verbal Abuse In Online Poker

MSRedImp

MSRedImp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I find pathetic is when somebody says "ty" after you loose to them, most of the people that say it seem to think they are very clever, it's pathetic and childish and needs to stop.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I find pathetic is when somebody says "ty" after you loose to them, most of the people that say it seem to think they are very clever, it's pathetic and childish and needs to stop.
That really annoys me too!

M

maya

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just to add to discussion, some women can be pretty rude too. I was playing $1 SNG at VC minutes ago and had a horrible time with a stupid childish b!tch. We were head's up after 1 hour playing (extended 9 seats table) and suddenly she said she was bored and she was going to play XBox instead. I suggested her to mark "away from table" if she didnt want to play. She laughed. Well, every single hand she waited for the time to run out to check, fold or call. Annoying to say the least. I told the managers about it and they said they would "look into it". Nothing happened. She carried on making me wait every single hand. I went all-in many times and she would let the time run out to fold. Then the verbal abuse started. And I've never said anything to her. She called me names, offended me, insulted me, said I was a crap player and she was so good she was giving that on a plate for me. And that she wasn't even watching and she was still ahead of me and how fool and idiot I was. I kept my cool on the table but I was really angry :mad::mad::mad: because of the waste of time. She didn't had any bad beat, she was chip leader, could finish the game soon, but made my life a hell for long time, so unnecessary. I finally won at the end. I wish I was like most of you here who don't feel affected by those sad idiots.

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a couple of bad beats against a player in a sng, but said nh both times (one was actually cool how it happened). I bet with an open ended straight draw and middle pair, he raises with top pair, i hit my straight, and he goes "lucky". I pointed my outs to him and then he started cursing... What sucked the most was how friendly i had been 2 him before!

I usually mess up final heads up for some reason, but i was very happy when i finally won it. Although it did affect my game and made me do a couple of bad moves but got lucky to catch a good final hand.

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I agree with you and Bombjack. Totally unnecessary comment that make you want to choke the guy.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like many of the other guys have said, I never get involved with saddos who want to curse each other. Seems stupid and childish too me.

There is the other aspect to it, tho. It`s less common, but sometimes the chat at the tables can be witty and amusing. Take this example:

Attachments

• chat1a.jpg
    chat1a.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 32
Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The party poker software donkgeneers (the same ones who had all low hands appearing as "High card Ace" etc for several weeks) seem to have managed to stop all chat from working in their latest release. I don't think it's intentional. But it is in some ways quite peaceful.

pokerrqueenn

pokerrqueenn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this person was a real sweetheart

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_1.jpg
    ScreenHunter_1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 33
S

SiMor29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sod that, I think it's great! It's like a little added bonus after winning a big pot. :D

I sleep better at night with the knowledge that a fool and his money were indeed parted.

woodsy44

woodsy44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The one time i got really steamed was when this BS happened:

off

What an idiot and what a catch

-------------------------------------------------------------

And yes i agree that some people online are really bad losers, i presonally laugh it off and calmly tell them "I have all your money hahahahahahahaaaaaa"

wheely5

wheely5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually do not respond to any comments made in the chat no matter what they say. If I beat someone who starts out with the better hand all I do is laugh to myself and think "Well It Won Didn't It?" in response to there verbal abuse.

pokerrqueenn

pokerrqueenn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no offense woodsy but why did you call that blind?

V

vatyx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that verbal abuse on the Internet has gotten out of hand. However, when I played poker online, I never took it personally when someone was verbally abusing myself or someone else at the table. The reason: That person was exhibiting poor table manners and, in almost all cases, poor poker skills over the long run. The verbal abuse was just an early indicator of poor poker skills. In fact, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever run across anyone that was verbally abusive at the poker table that had decent or better poker skills...they are wasting too much time being abusive and not spending time time thinking about the game or studying the other players. Unfortunately for these players, they will be taken advantage of by the players that study their opponents, which will cause them to get more abusive, which will cause them to be taken more advantage of, etc. Lol, for the abusive player, it is a viscious circle of them giving their money to the better players at the table when they're running their mouths off.

Hope this helps,
Vatyx

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fighting over the internet is like winning the 'special' Olympics, even if you win.....your still retarded.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fighting over the internet is like winning the 'special' Olympics, even if you win.....your still retarded.
LOLOLOL...and put so eloquently, too... LOL

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry if anyone thinks i was making fun of mentally retarded and handicapped people. The point of what i was say is that fighting over the internet is retarded.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Relax Misch...anyone here that knows you, knows that you weren't making fun of the handicapped. (though your comment was damn funny).

S

SiMor29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My brother is mentally handicapped i'll have you know!!

Disgusting comment!

Ohh no hold on wait, he just acts retarded, I hear there's a difference.

:)

T

TKO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know this thread is a tad old but.... Last night playing a SNG, I rivered a straight for a split pot. (I was short stacked by almost 3-1 and had a pair on the board) So, of course I got the "nice suck out" comment. So I fired back with the fact that I was short-stacked w/a pair on the board and like he has NEVER chased. His reply that he plays the best hand. After winning a hand his comment was "as I was saying". I beat him on the very next hand and of course I had to needle him by saying "can't hear you now!" (I was fired up by that time) He comes back with I looked you up online and you are nothing but a donk, I mean loser. I make money playing poker unlike you. (Oh I forgot, we were playing a $1.75 18 SNG!) Okay, I know that I am still learning the game and I am not the best player that I can be, but right now I am not overly concerned with the money that I lose. (2007 will be a different story) I was just bothered with the fact that he had the nerve to say the things he said. I fired back a couple of comments but realized that I was lowering myself to his level. I know this is a little long but, I just needed to get it off my chest.

Shuang

Shuang

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Verbal Abuse. ...Only one way to get rid of it... Report it. *;o)
I always try to a very very polite to that kind of players. *lol*
Because it really ticks some of them of. They are only trying to influence your play. Sometimes though..it can be quite funny watching 2 players getting in each others face. If I get tired of it I just turn of the chat.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
looooooooooooool. :D well said.

it gets bad sometimes i must say thow ultimatebet never has abuse lol
I take this comment as sarcasm and have to agree with the thought that UB always has people being asses more than any other site. The only way I can figure it is, they're all die hard Hellmuth cry babies, probably saw him on a commercial and came over. Either that, or there is so many donks that eventually you'll see someone with skill royaly pissed off after a horrible beat...lol

Wonka22

Wonka22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing in a bodog beginner tourney the other day. We got down to the last 5, and this guy started in on everone at the table. I went back at him with little smart comments. The worst part about him..was if he was typing he'd wait on his move at the table until he was finished, I'd get on him about playing his hand....we ended up headsup. I won, didnt' get a GG outta me, I just laughed. The only person on the table that night that I didn't wanna lose to...was him.